Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    thanks jasonmoore! For those wondering, you don't need to remove your homebrew version of GolfPinFinder and install the version from the app catalog, they are the same thing. In fact, I recommend that you don't do that as the homebrew version contains a minor bug fix and is slightly newer than Palm's version (update has been released to Palm for next update round).
    Moser,
    You are a god! I have been checking every day for new apps and was about to download something off the internet for this purpose.
    You have single handedly drove up Palm Pre sales. I will spread the word. Thank you thank you thank you. I am now complete.
    I want to go this weekend to test this out.

Thanks,
    Raj
    ... Where's the app catalog?! I don't see it on Palms site, and I can't find it here on PreCentral.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    ... Where's the app catalog?! I don't see it on Palms site, and I can't find it here on PreCentral.
    it's an app/icon on your Pre. looks like a shopping bag and it's called "App Catalog"
    Congratulations moserjj fro getting gpf into the app catalog. A fine app and I can't wait to really push it to the edge.
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    it's an app/icon on your Pre. looks like a shopping bag and it's called "App Catalog"
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    moserjj: Congratulations on making the app catalog. I can't wait to purchase this once the store goes live.

By the way, I think I may have found a way to clip my Pre with the Seidio extended battery onto my bag. I'm going to try it out this weekend. I will post pictures if it works.

Keep up the great work!!!

Dave
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riebs View Post
    moserjj: Congratulations on making the app catalog. I can't wait to purchase this once the store goes live.

By the way, I think I may have found a way to clip my Pre with the Seidio extended battery onto my bag. I'm going to try it out this weekend. I will post pictures if it works.
    Thanks! Looking forward to the pictures of your mounting solution if it works out for you.
    I cannot install the one from the app store for some reason, I have tried installing at least 30 times, and it always fails. I removed applications thinking it was too many apps on my pre, but it is still failing. I can install it from the homebrew store without any problems though. Is there a difference betweeen the two? Thank you.
    Does not save club information.

How do you delete saved courses?

I am using 0.92. Downloaded from the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Just leave the homebrew bersion installed

Quote Originally Posted by amcfarla View Post
    I cannot install the one from the app store for some reason, I have tried installing at least 30 times, and it always fails. I removed applications thinking it was too many apps on my pre, but it is still failing. I can install it from the homebrew store without any problems though. Is there a difference betweeen the two? Thank you.
    Moser,
    Sorry man I found out that you fixed the problem of the unsaved clubs, however, it appears that is on version 9.3. I have the 9.2 from the catalogue. How can I upgrade? When I ck for updates from the Pre, no updates for the 9.2 v is flagged.

Thanks,
    Raj
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rramjit View Post
    Moser,
    Sorry man I found out that you fixed the problem of the unsaved clubs, however, it appears that is on version 9.3. I have the 9.2 from the catalogue. How can I upgrade? When I ck for updates from the Pre, no updates for the 9.2 v is flagged.
    The only way to get 0.9.3 is through the homebrew app catalog as its not yet available through the official palm app catalog. There is no difference between the homebrew and palm versions so I recommend just installing the homebrew version for now.
    Love the app, worked nicely for me last friday. Very slick and well-constructed. Being that it uses the bbgps database, and will soon be a paid for app, is there any guarantee that bbgps will continue to be free?
    I downloaded golfpinfinder when it came out on the app catalog. I used it from my office and it worked great to any of the local courses. I finally had a chance to use it on the golf couse yesterday but i kept getting an error msg...stating GPS General error. I thought it might be because it was pretty cloudy. so I rebooted my phone several times ..kept getting msg. Today it is sunny and now I get the error msg everytime I try to use program. I tried removing program from my phone rebooting and re installing it . but i keep getting the error msg. I wonder if the developer is getting similar responses and if there is a fix? I really want to use it.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trujimik View Post
    I downloaded golfpinfinder when it came out on the app catalog. I used it from my office and it worked great to any of the local courses. I finally had a chance to use it on the golf couse yesterday but i kept getting an error msg...stating GPS General error. I thought it might be because it was pretty cloudy. so I rebooted my phone several times ..kept getting msg. Today it is sunny and now I get the error msg everytime I try to use program. I tried removing program from my phone rebooting and re installing it . but i keep getting the error msg. I wonder if the developer is getting similar responses and if there is a fix? I really want to use it.
    I am the developer - I haven't had any reports of that issue. If you are seeing that error, something is wrong that isn't allowing GolfPinFinder to acquire a GPS fix from your phone - it's not really an app problem. Sounds like you've already rebooted which is good so try this:

1. open phone app
    2. type in ##477#
    3. click "Get Fix" button
    4. report back to me what it says, specifically interested in the Vertical Accuracy number

Let me know what you find out.
    Does the paid version include updates for life or only major version?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    Does the paid version include updates for life or only major version?
    Yes, well at least for "my life"
    Surprisingly your also the highest priced app in the catalog. I thought this would be more like $5. I may hold off purchasing until I see the other golf apps. There is at least one other app using the same database. I guess I'll see what his pricing model is going to be.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    Surprisingly your also the highest priced app in the catalog. I thought this would be more like $5. I may hold off purchasing until I see the other golf apps. There is at least one other app using the same database. I guess I'll see what his pricing model is going to be.
    it might be the most expensive - but also the best!? ok maybe some bias there...

it's a bargain price and Palm (at least my previous Palm handler) suggested a much higher price. I don't really understand the "thought this would be more like $5" comment - have you investigated what other apps similar to this cost on other platforms?