Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by courtc2911 View Post

It appears to me the Golflogix app has more graphics representations of the course than GPF, is this true?

From the screenshots I have seen of GPF, it appears to only have contextual information in the GUI, unlike the Golflogix app which gives detailed overviews of each hole with varying distances via different approach scenarios.
    I don't know the other program but if it is drawing from the same GPS data then there is no additional information and any graphical display used is purely for presentation and not actually representative of the hole you are playing. Looking at the pictures on their website they aren't providing any hole/shot information that you don't get from GPF. ie: yardages to every point plotted on a given course. By default every hole will have front, middle, and back of green yardages. And anyone who plots out a course is going to have marked hazards, bunkers, dogleg corners etc...
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    @courtc2911 - why don't you just download GolfPinFinder and see for yourself?
    Since updating to the latest version, I notice yardage is not saved after I input my yardage range for each club. What happened?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    Since updating to the latest version, I notice yardage is not saved after I input my yardage range for each club. What happened?
    That's strange, it saves for me. Anybody else experience this?
    Yep, I can confirm. I just changed a few clubs, close the app down, reopen the app and they were back to the default min and max values.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Ok I think I found the issue, I will fix asap
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Just uploaded version 0.9.3 to fix the club values not saving correctly. @kgilbertsen - thanks for the heads up. @WoodWulf - thanks for confirming

let me know if that doesn't fix it for you. I was able to duplicate this and the fix corrected it for me.
    Thanks for the quick fix Moser. Just got back from 9 holes and found your update. Next, you need to fix my slice (worse after version 0.9.2).
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    Thanks for the quick fix Moser. Just got back from 9 holes and found your update. Next, you need to fix my slice (worse after version 0.9.2).
    To fix the slice, keep the Pre with GolfPinFinder running in your right pocket instead of the left to keep your weight from shifting to early....
    The fix for the clubs works for me. Thanks for the quick response.
    I mapped my home course last week. While I can access the map from my Pre I cannot access it via bbgpsgolf. I would like to be able to edit a couple of things I noticed and to add the handicaps once the course has been evaluated. There was a mapping on the site for the old version of my home course but they added a new nine and totally restructured the front nine so it is different and I couldn't edit it originally online. Did I do something wrong on the Pre or does it upload to a different database? The course I mapped is labeled Crosswinds Perrysburg and the old course is Crosswinds Golf Club. Great app and I can't wait to use it to it's full potential.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro196 View Post
    I mapped my home course last week. While I can access the map from my Pre I cannot access it via bbgpsgolf. I would like to be able to edit a couple of things I noticed and to add the handicaps once the course has been evaluated. There was a mapping on the site for the old version of my home course but they added a new nine and totally restructured the front nine so it is different and I couldn't edit it originally online. Did I do something wrong on the Pre or does it upload to a different database? The course I mapped is labeled Crosswinds Perrysburg and the old course is Crosswinds Golf Club. Great app and I can't wait to use it to it's full potential.
    it's there online at bbgpsgolf. go to http://www.bbgpsgolf.com/viewcourselistg.php and search for "Crosswinds" and you'll find it. then click on View to edit the info
    Has anyone compared the two different applications, one running on the Pre and the other on a Blackberry?

I am interested in comparison points between the two.

It appears to me the Golflogix app has more graphics representations of the course than GPF, is this true?

From the screenshots I have seen of GPF, it appears to only have contextual information in the GUI, unlike the Golflogix app which gives detailed overviews of each hole with varying distances via different approach scenarios.

Does anyone know where I can find a full suite of GPF screenshots?

Lastly, has anyone used both GPF and the Golf Shot app on the iPhone? How do they match up?

Thanks for input!
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by courtc2911 View Post
    Has anyone compared the two different applications, one running on the Pre and the other on a Blackberry?

I am interested in comparison points between the two.

Does anyone know where I can find a full suite of GPF screenshots?

Lastly, has anyone used both GPF and the Golf Shot app on the iPhone? How do they match up?

Thanks for input!
    why repost this - you already asked it and it was answered. I would recommend you just download and try it for yourself, screenshots and such don't do apps any justice. I have used GolfLogix on iPhone myself and its a nice app although the graphics aren't actual course images (and frankly unnecessary). Not to mention its quite expensive compared to GPF
    My bad. For some reason it didn't take the state information and I was searching by state so I didn't see it. Great app still. Thanks for the hard work on it.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro196 View Post
    My bad. For some reason it didn't take the state information and I was searching by state so I didn't see it. Great app still. Thanks for the hard work on it.
    no problem. is the google maps data just really out of date for that course? looks like half the points are in a field!
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    no problem. is the google maps data just really out of date for that course? looks like half the points are in a field!
    Yeah. They just opened in the new configuration Labor Day weekend. The Google map looks to be when they first took possession of the property and took it down to grade. That's why I ended up mapping it by hand rather than using google maps. There are some points that I need to touch up but generally it seems alright. (Not that I can judge distance when I'm swinging yet).

I really like the mark feature to see just how far I am hitting the ball. It is really helping me with my distance control. Keep up the good work and hopefully pretty soon we'll be able to buy this great app, just in time for winter.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I think you are on the right track with developing a golf program.

A few suggestions:

14 days is too short for an evaluation, you should set it at a limited number of rounds (say 15 plays or 25 times of opening the program). That way you could check all of the features including the average play.

Add a button to check the distance instead of having to wait for it to search for GPS. Sometimes the delay is too long to wait for club selection, whereas a button could be pressed on the screen to get relatively instant distance and selection.

Add names to players instead of player 1, 2, 3, 4.

Consider adding a few games (Skins, Hi-low, etc.)
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahershey View Post
    14 days is too short for an evaluation, you should set it at a limited number of rounds (say 15 plays or 25 times of opening the program). That way you could check all of the features including the average play.
    I think 2 weeks is enough but if it becomes an issue, I'll consider changing it. Thanks for your feedback

Add a button to check the distance instead of having to wait for it to search for GPS. Sometimes the delay is too long to wait for club selection, whereas a button could be pressed on the screen to get relatively instant distance and selection.
    To be honest, I'm not really sure what you mean here. The GPS is always running when the screen is active and club recommendations are included (if turned on). If you want the distances to be quicker after you turn on the screen, set the "GPS with screen off" setting in preferences to Yes.

Add names to players instead of player 1, 2, 3, 4.
    You can do this, just click on the name to edit it. It's a text field. Default player names can be saved in preferences if you generally play with the same people.

Consider adding a few games (Skins, Hi-low, etc.)
    Stay tuned...
    The app is in the catalogue now. Just the Demo version but congrats to moserjj on getting the app there. Now just to wait for the non-trial version to buy and begin my path to scratch golf.