Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Yes, I can get the one I'm playing tomorrow morning by searching by name.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    I think something is up with the courses API - i'll let you know what I find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    You can't (yet) edit a course from the phone - you'll have to edit online. You could map it over but i'd suggest editing it instead. what is the course name?
    The name of the course is Cochecho CC in Dover NH
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    Confirmed, there was an issue with the course search api but it was fixed quickly. Let me know if it works for you now. Thanks for the heads up.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abacotc View Post
    The name of the course is Cochecho CC in Dover NH
    Have you tried editing the course online?
    BTW I tried running the app under AirPlane mode. IT works when you initially go into AirPLane mode, but if you let it go to sleep, when you wake it back up, you have to re-enable the radios to get GPS working again. Was more of a pain than it was worth. Looks like I'll be buying the big battery.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Yeah I figured airplane mode would be tricky. I can easily get through a 4 1/2 hour round with the standard battery though.
    Oh yea..no problem getting thru a round if you start with a fresh battery..I play alot after work, and by the end of the day, the battery life on these guys is a little stretched trying to get in a round.
    Don't get me wrong...nothing wrong with the application..I love it.
    I was just looking for a way to stretch the battery life if at all possible.

Keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    I'm thinking about one of those rechargeable battery packs I always see @ walmart. Anybody find one with micro usb and try it? My phone died on the 18th saturday when I started the round at 70%. If I owned my own golf cart it definitely would have a touchstone charger on it!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I used the GPS off when screen off option for the first time today and it made a HUGE difference! Without it I can barely get through a round without losing the battery. Today I was still over 50% at the end of the round.

I noticed what may be a bug. One of the holes was incorrectly plotted as a par 4 when it should have been a par 3. One the hole view in the app I changed it to a par 3 but when scoring the hole it still showed it as par 4, as did the scorecard at the end of the round. For some reason I thought I had encountered this once before while using an earlier version on a different course and it did update the hole through the scoring screen after I made the change.

Today I downloaded and saved the course to the Pre before going out to play. Could that be the difference as to why it didn't allow me to make the change this time?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jk175d View Post
    I noticed what may be a bug. One of the holes was incorrectly plotted as a par 4 when it should have been a par 3. One the hole view in the app I changed it to a par 3 but when scoring the hole it still showed it as par 4, as did the scorecard at the end of the round. For some reason I thought I had encountered this once before while using an earlier version on a different course and it did update the hole through the scoring screen after I made the change.

Today I downloaded and saved the course to the Pre before going out to play. Could that be the difference as to why it didn't allow me to make the change this time?
    not so much of a bug but rather the fact that par drop-down on the playing screen isn't really tied to anything. Since saving courses locally is a new thing, it will eventually allow updating the saved data. For now though, it doesn't do anything - including alter the par for that hole. If you find errors like that, I recommend you update the course online and then update your saved course to pull the new info.

how was your experience playing with the GPS preference set to off? Did it take much time for hone in on your spot and get a good gps accuracy?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    not so much of a bug but rather the fact that par drop-down on the playing screen isn't really tied to anything. Since saving courses locally is a new thing, it will eventually allow updating the saved data. For now though, it doesn't do anything - including alter the par for that hole. If you find errors like that, I recommend you update the course online and then update your saved course to pull the new info.

how was your experience playing with the GPS preference set to off? Did it take much time for hone in on your spot and get a good gps accuracy?

GPS locked in pretty quick, within 5 or 10 seconds most of the time. Never really felt like it was holding me up waiting for it. And like I said, that option had a huge effect on battery usage.

After the round when I got home I did update the course online. I tend to go in and update/edit a course prior to going out to play it but I missed the wrong par designation on that one. I get the feeling some of the plotting jobs were done in haste and maybe by people who weren't so familiar with the course. If you know a course well you can put markers down in all the spots where they are most useful, not just arbitrarily plotting all the greenside buckers or something like that.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I mapped my course online at BBGPSGolf.com and it shows course complete and I can search and find it on the website with no issue. When I try and search via Golfpinfinder it does not find it. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdsaz View Post
    I mapped my course online at BBGPSGolf.com and it shows course complete and I can search and find it on the website with no issue. When I try and search via Golfpinfinder it does not find it. Any suggestions?
    how long have you waited? 24 hours? it's not instant as BBGPSGOLF needs to process it first before it shows up in GolfPinFinder. If its not there by tomorrow at this time (at the very latest) - let me know
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    how long have you waited? 24 hours? it's not instant as BBGPSGOLF needs to process it first before it shows up in GolfPinFinder. If its not there by tomorrow at this time (at the very latest) - let me know
    It's only been a couple of hours. Sorry form my impatience but, this application looks great and I can't wait to try it!

I will check again tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdsaz View Post
    It's only been a couple of hours. Sorry form my impatience but, this application looks great and I can't wait to try it!

I will check again tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks!
    No problem If I were you, I'd search again...
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    No problem If I were you, I'd search again...
    Tried again and it worked!! VERY SWEET!!

Thanks very much!
    Hi, I am using version 1.1.0 which expires today (9/23). When I use Filecoaster to view the latest version (0.9.2) it doesn't let me update, I just get the option to 'Launch Application'. Is there a way for me to continue using the (updated) app?
    Thanks.

EDIT: NEVER MIND - I just found your earlier post about having to delete/reinstall when updating to this version. I'll do that now.

Great app, I just wish I could play more!
    Last edited by kgilbertsen; 09/23/2009 at 07:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    Hi, I am using version 1.1.0 which expires today (9/23). When I use Filecoaster to view the latest version (0.9.2) it doesn't let me update, I just get the option to 'Launch Application'. Is there a way for me to continue using the (updated) app?
    Thanks.

EDIT: NEVER MIND - I just found your earlier post about having to delete/reinstall when updating to this version. I'll do that now.

Great app, I just wish I could play more!
    Great reminder...I would have forgotten what to do too.
    Has anyone compared the two different applications, one running on the Pre and the other on a Blackberry?

I am interested in comparison points between the two.

It appears to me the Golflogix app has more graphics representations of the course than GPF, is this true?

From the screenshots I have seen of GPF, it appears to only have contextual information in the GUI, unlike the Golflogix app which gives detailed overviews of each hole with varying distances via different approach scenarios.

Does anyone know where I can find a full suite of GPF screenshots?

Lastly, has anyone used both GPF and the Golf Shot app on the iPhone? How do they match up?

Thanks for input!