Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Yep - thats an error that I have generalized when the phone's GPS service returns a funky error code that wouldn't make any sense. I've only ever seen it once on my phone when I was in my office's basement
    Just wanted to second the request to somehow store course data locally. I suspect there's quite a few remote courses that wouldn't get a data signal (I played one in the CA mountains last week), and if you could somehow pre-load the course data to local storage (even just one or two) if would allow you to use it there.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Just tried out the demo of the paid version. I don't golf enough that it's worth buying, but it's definitely come a long way.
    I realized that this might sound like I don't like the app. It's definitely great, don't get me wrong. I just am a very horrible golfer, and only play one or two times a year, so it just helpful to me. Knowing the distances doesn't help my game one bit.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Just wanted to second the request to somehow store course data locally. I suspect there's quite a few remote courses that wouldn't get a data signal (I played one in the CA mountains last week), and if you could somehow pre-load the course data to local storage (even just one or two) if would allow you to use it there.
    this will be included soon as i think it's a good backup. Hopefully my implementation of it works well, is unobtrusive, easy to update/refresh, etc etc
    Great app and well done. If you want to sell it big time add games and keep track i.e. nassau, stroke play, wolf etc. see intelligolf they have them all
    Larry
    Played another round with this program. It worked great. Officially measured my first 300 yd drive. 303 to be exact. Great app. It is helping me be consistent on my distances (even when I'm in the wrong fairway).
    Every time I try to bring up the scorecard the app (v0.23.5) hangs. I will upgrade going forward, but I would like to be able to prove to my brother I beat him (he thinks my phone crashing is an excuse). Is there a way to get to the "Saved Rounds" without going through the app? Thanks for any help.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Sorry, the site hung causing me to stutter!
    Last edited by wodin; 09/14/2009 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Delete duplicate post
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Played my first round with GolfPinFinder today, 18 holes at Makaha Country Club. The App worked great! Wonderful work moserjj! I haven't seen what the expected purchase price will be, but when it becomes available for purchase, either through the App store, or independently as several other apps do (not donation), I will be happy to pay full price.

There is one thing that I'd like to see, when I completed the back nine (we started on 10) it showed me stats for that nine, then when I finished 18 it showed me 18, but not the front nine.

Also, is there a way to correct the scores? My golf buddy hit a pothole in the cart path just when I was trying to enter a boggy, and I accidentally hit the done button instead of the drop down for other scores. So I had to take a Par (what a shame!). But I couldn't figure out how to go back and correct it. Bummer man! I ended up having to keep the par!

BTW, I played 18 holes, and we were slow, and took several phone calls and my battery is still at 50%!

I had a SkyCaddy, and when the subscription expired they wanted me to pay for another year, and disabled the courses that I had already paid for. I was so P.O.ed that I refused to give them any more for a piece of junk with lousy build quality and lame software. So I turned it off, and bought a laser range finder. Today I used the laser, and the Pre, and found the experience to be very satisfying, they complemented each other beautifully. Especially on the short game where the pin location is not always in the center.

Oh Yea, Need to be able to map and save courses that are not in the database. I play several small courses that aren't listed. Maybe a way to submit courses that I've mapped to your friend with the BlackBerry App.

Anybody wanna buy a SkyCaddy?
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Sorry the site hung causing me to stutter!
    Last edited by wodin; 09/14/2009 at 12:26 AM.
    Another thing I noticed when looking around at it. If I'm not tracking GIR or FIR, (have them off in preferences) shouldn't the GIR and FIR header on the entering score page vanish, not just the checkboxes below them? And if I have GIR and FIR turned off, isn't it safe to assume that I'm not going to be tracking the number of putts and that can go away as well? And with GIR and FIR off, I still don't think they should show in the final scorecard even though there is the landscape support which is more simplified. I guess I just think if I turn off GIR and FIR in preferences that there should be no sign of them anywhere in the app.

Also, landscape scorecard being a menu option feels kind of silly with the accelerometer support, but I guess since it's not showing the same information and it's actually pushing a separate scene I'd guess, that that's the only way to do it.

But still, very good job. Maybe I should go out golfing just for the explicit purpose of testing the app, because I still haven't been since the app was introduced.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin View Post
    Also, is there a way to correct the scores? My golf buddy hit a pothole in the cart path just when I was trying to enter a boggy, and I accidentally hit the done button instead of the drop down for other scores. So I had to take a Par (what a shame!). But I couldn't figure out how to go back and correct it. Bummer man! I ended up having to keep the par!
    wodin,

All you need to do is select the hole you want to fix from the main screen, then hit the score button in the bottom right corner. It will pop up the score screen with the info you entered the first time around. Fix it and then do the same to get back to the hole you are now on.

rich
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alm4444 View Post
    Every time I try to bring up the scorecard the app (v0.23.5) hangs. I will upgrade going forward, but I would like to be able to prove to my brother I beat him (he thinks my phone crashing is an excuse). Is there a way to get to the "Saved Rounds" without going through the app? Thanks for any help.
    If you played a nine hole course, there isn't a way to get the scorecard back out - sorry.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    If you haven't upgraded to the latest version, better do so as some older versions will quit working today.
    I upgraded and now I have 2 versions on the phone.. How do I delete the old version.?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Pockets View Post
    I upgraded and now I have 2 versions on the phone.. How do I delete the old version.?
    hold down the orange key and tap on the old app version. confirm delete
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    The LSU golf course in Baton Rouge, LA does not come up in the app but it is listed on the bbgpsgolf website. I wanted to play this course this week and use the app. Thanks
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigzeto View Post
    The LSU golf course in Baton Rouge, LA does not come up in the app but it is listed on the bbgpsgolf website. I wanted to play this course this week and use the app. Thanks
    It's not fully mapped yet and so it won't show up in the search results. Go here to finish mapping it out (it's done through 6)

BBGPSGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone

search for the course by name, and finish mapping it and then it will show up after processing
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    It's not fully mapped yet and so it won't show up in the search results. Go here to finish mapping it out (it's done through 6)

BBGPSGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone

search for the course by name, and finish mapping it and then it will show up after processing
    Good deal, thanks
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I see now why the course was never finished. The google maps view is messed up on hole #6 so you can't see the course layout or the green.