Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Mapped another one last night bringing my total to 4.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    Mapped another one last night bringing my total to 4.
    excellent!
    I am kind of new to this but what do you do after the 14 day trial?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Well hopefully you will be able to buy from Palm but if not, look for a continuation update through PC
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Looks like a great app. How about a Disc Golf port of this! That would make my day.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabin2N View Post
    Looks like a great app. How about a Disc Golf port of this! That would make my day.
    Disc golf will work. There is one mapped in my area. Just map it as you would any golf course.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    It would just be nice if there was a way to do different hole locations (ei. pin location a,b,c) and put in your own disc so you could track how well you do with each disk. Some disc golf graphics would be cool too.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Mapped two courses last week, so now all 4 courses in my area (private and public) are in the database. Oh, and I made a donation.

Great app. I can't wait to purchase it from Palm.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Added 2 of the Barton Creek courses in Austin. Will be adding the other two shortly.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Just tried out the demo of the paid version. I don't golf enough that it's worth buying, but it's definitely come a long way.

A few comments- with compressed view off (aka when you have the picture of the green with the 3 distances for it on there)... is it really then necessary to show the distance to the front center and back of the green in the list below as well?

Also, after deleting incomplete rounds from the "Course Stats" page, I have to exit out of the course stats and then return to it to have that update.

Finally, a better help scene, especially that tells what the difference is between the marking options, would be nice.

Edit: One last thing... what about the option for simplified scoring? I don't really care much about GIR or FIR the few times I play a year. It'd be much simpler to not have to worry about those options on the score view. And then maybe you could fit in 9 holes horizontally in the summary view at the end of game with the par and handicap above them, like a standard scorecard.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 09/09/2009 at 07:28 PM.
    Tried the latest version last night (Trial version) and had problems. Downloaded a course and tried to start a new round. I kept getting GPS errors to the point that I could not get rid of the message. I came back to the main screen and tried to start the round again. All I got was the spinner and it hung
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    Tried the latest version last night (Trial version) and had problems. Downloaded a course and tried to start a new round. I kept getting GPS errors to the point that I could not get rid of the message. I came back to the main screen and tried to start the round again. All I got was the spinner and it hung
    Were you indoors? I have seen this happen at times while not having a clear shot at the sky, other times it does fine. Fortunately, most golf courses are outside.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    what did the gps error say? my app doesn't really generate any gps errors - at least not like you described. it does sound like you were inside with delayed gps signals.

From the guy who is developing the only other golf application. Not saying his claim is not true, but it is worth noting. I have never had that trouble.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    A few comments- with compressed view off (aka when you have the picture of the green with the 3 distances for it on there)... is it really then necessary to show the distance to the front center and back of the green in the list below as well?
    Not really, but I personally turn on the compressed view to see more on the screen at once. There is a slight tweak to this in an update being submitted to Palm though...

Also, after deleting incomplete rounds from the "Course Stats" page, I have to exit out of the course stats and then return to it to have that update.
    I'll test this out but they always delete for me (i think)? I'll see what I can find out about it

Finally, a better help scene, especially that tells what the difference is between the marking options, would be nice.
    I'll keep improving the help options, luckily they aren't baked into the app so I can update them as needed - and will continue to do so

Edit: One last thing... what about the option for simplified scoring? I don't really care much about GIR or FIR the few times I play a year. It'd be much simpler to not have to worry about those options on the score view. And then maybe you could fit in 9 holes horizontally in the summary view at the end of game with the par and handicap above them, like a standard scorecard.
    There is a landscape scorecard option - avaialable via the app menu. "Forcing" that when just rotating the screen proved problematic and flaky so I moved it to a seperate command. back swipe or click the left arrow from that scorecard to go back. You can remove the FIR option in preferences but the GIR is always there for now - i might look at removing it with a preference (app had that at one time)

Thanks for your feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmoore View Post
    From the guy who is developing the only other golf application. Not saying his claim is not true, but it is worth noting. I have never had that trouble.
    I am not lying at all. I was trying it and that's what happened. Yes, I was in doors when this happened so perhaps that was the issue. I was by a window though so didn't expect to get caught in a loop of GPS errors. I was just providing feedback to moserjj. GolfPinFinder is a great app and I've told moserjj the same myself.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    I am not lying at all. I was trying it and that's what happened. Yes, I was in doors when this happened so perhaps that was the issue. I was by a window though so didn't expect to get caught in a loop of GPS errors. I was just providing feedback to moserjj. GolfPinFinder is a great app and I've told moserjj the same myself.
    can you post (or PM me) the GPS error message?
    Once I can repeat it I'll post the error message here.
    moserjj,

The error message is:

Error

General GPS error.

It's a pop up dialog box with an Ok button. The problem I had is that when pressing Ok it just kept re-popping up. I do think that the issue is because I am indoors and it's having a hard time finding a signal. Not an issue when outdoors I'm sure
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    That sounds like a pre error, GPS not functioning properly. I would restart the phone and see if it continues.