Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    roksmith67,

The mark feature now adds a row to the list of distances. When you tap the 'mark' button the first time, you'll see a new row added with the same icon as the button. It should read 0 or close to it until you start moving. It will then auto update with the distance from the last mark.

rich
    I have a question on how to delete a course? I check these for my daughter (collegiate golfer) for fun, and can't delete. I have tried swiping left to right, just opens.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roksmith67 View Post
    Is the shot measuring feature still working?
    I tried to measure a shot last night, but when I hit the icon the second time, the options showed reset and such, but never displayed the distance.. I know it used to work...
    Yep but it works a little different, it adds a shot yardage "widget" into the playing screen (scroll down a bit). Clicking the button again allows you to reset the location or clear and hide the shot marking yardage all together (but clicking the button to mark brings it right back)
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    I have a question on how to delete a course? I check these for my daughter (collegiate golfer) for fun, and can't delete. I have tried swiping left to right, just opens.
    you can't delete them from the main menu - they'll always be the last 2 played courses (at least for now). I may change that as you're not the only one who has tried that!

You can delete rounds from the previous rounds scene if you've played any "dummy" rounds just to test though.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyforrest12 View Post
    First off great app been using it for some time.

But with the last pdate I ran into a problem. When I finish a round and hit the done botton for the last hole score it frezes on me. I also can not look at my saved rounds dose the same thing.
    was this by chance a 9 hole course? which course? If so, it's been fixed in the latest build. If not, let me know so I can check it out.
    When I go to previous rounds it freezes, when I click on "Done" after 9 holes it freezes, and when I click on Scorecard it Freezes. Does anyone know why or is that going to be changed. Otherwise this program looks sweet.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Probably freezes because of a 9 hole course. Fixed in the next update. If all the rounds were for 18 holes courses, let me know.
    Oh that's cool. I'll have to try it out next time. I guess it allows you to see the length of several people's shots on the same hole....handy.
    Thanks. It was a 9 hole course. So I will just wait for the next update.

Just a small question. Was wondering why its fairway in regulation and not fairways hit?
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I just played a round with the latest update yesterday afternoon. Everything worked great, but the GPS seemed to lose the signal everytime the screen turned off. I had the option set to "Yes" for "GPS when screen off".

Is this correct? If so, why does it still take so long for the yardage to update after turning the screen back on?

Thanks.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riebs View Post
    I just played a round with the latest update yesterday afternoon. Everything worked great, but the GPS seemed to lose the signal everytime the screen turned off. I had the option set to "Yes" for "GPS when screen off".

Is this correct? If so, why does it still take so long for the yardage to update after turning the screen back on?

Thanks.
    how much time did you spend on each hole? it's setup to keep the gps active for up to 15 minutes, resets when you move to the next hole. Did you take longer than that on a hole and see the slow GPS? The more detail you can provide on "how" you placed (what scene was active when you turned phone off, etc) the better i'll be able to understand what might have happened for you. The GPS on when screen off is sort of "hack" - its not really designed for this purpose although it does work. I think 15 minutes is the max you can set
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    was this by chance a 9 hole course? which course? If so, it's been fixed in the latest build. If not, let me know so I can check it out.
    Same problem here, too. Not sure if your answer means it should be fixed already in version 0.23.5 or not. I do have that version and it still does not work. Just to re-state: freezes when hitting 'done' after the 9th hole on a 9 hole course, when trying 'Scorecard' and when trying to look at 'Saved Rounds'.

Thanks for a great app.!
    Ken
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    Same problem here, too. Not sure if your answer means it should be fixed already in version 0.23.5 or not. I do have that version and it still does not work. Just to re-state: freezes when hitting 'done' after the 9th hole on a 9 hole course, when trying 'Scorecard' and when trying to look at 'Saved Rounds'.

Thanks for a great app.!
    Ken
    The current app available is broke for 9 holes courses - version 0.23.5. I have it fixed but not in a release made available yet. Soon
    i love this app!!! Works perfect. There is one thing I miss from one of the previous versions. It used to tell you exactly how many over par you were as you played the round. Now I do not see this feature. Can this be added in the next update?

Also, can the program autopopulate if you hit a green in regulation based on your score and number of putts? Just a suggestion.

Great app!!! love it
    The current app available is broke for 9 holes courses - version 0.23.5. I have it fixed but not in a release made available yet. Soon
    Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    how much time did you spend on each hole? it's setup to keep the gps active for up to 15 minutes, resets when you move to the next hole. Did you take longer than that on a hole and see the slow GPS? The more detail you can provide on "how" you placed (what scene was active when you turned phone off, etc) the better i'll be able to understand what might have happened for you. The GPS on when screen off is sort of "hack" - its not really designed for this purpose although it does work. I think 15 minutes is the max you can set
    Thanks for your reply. I guess I wasn't paying attention to exactly when it was happening. I know that we played kind of slow that day and maybe it just timed out. I am playing again this afternoon and will let you know if it keeps happening.

Thanks again.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Great app! Today was the first time I used it for 18 holes. We had to start on the back nine. Wondering if You can make it work so we can total up the scores that way. It only added them after the 18th hole. I knew was a problem with 9 holes scores. Donation coming this weekend!
    Thanks for your hard work!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I'm really liking this app. I logged in today to see if anyone else was having a bug with what I assumed was related to a 9 hole course and see that it is indeed well known...so...nothing to report there. I can say...that on some holes...it gives the EXACT same readings as my Sonocaddie does...so I'd have to say its pretty accurate. I mapped a course that wasn't available and played it today...a Nine hole course and it was a breeze to set up.

I do have one request. Will there be an option to start on the back nine as opposed to #1? The last 18 hole course a played on Wednesday, we started out on #10 and once we hit 18, it ended the round and calculated the card. I had to start another round and begin it on #1..so ended up with 2 score cards instead of 1...thats all.

Finally...is there any plans to have it keep and calculate your handicap?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    The 9 hole bugs have all been identified and fixed (and tested to work well). Sorry for all the bugs with that. Next version has a lot of the suggestions/features mentioned here so keep em coming!

Handicap is tricky to do well and accurately but I'm looking into it.

Thanks for all the positive comments - its all contributing to the motivation for continued development!
    Scorecard just freezes and I have to exit the app. Everything else works fine. I've deleted, rebooted and reloaded the app without any change. Any solutions?