Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    @nmoreman

I have worked hard on the app so feel free to throw in a tip
    I will definately buy this app when palm gets it in the app store, but meanwhile, I have sent you a "tip" via paypal. Thanks for your great efforts.

As far as battery life, I like your idea of having an extended battery just for golf. I've seen the 3800mAh monster but it is a little pricey ($130).
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    The gps setting only pertains to gpf and no other apps.

As for what it will cost - undecided. What would you pay?
    Great app, its pretty sweet to be on the course and pop out your own little GPS for the pin! Nice work!!

As far as cost? I would think <$10, its a great app dont get me wrong and I'm sure you worked hard but to get a mainstream audience I wouldn't make it to pricey.

Also I like the turn off GPS when the screen is off, thats great! You mentioned off for 18 on for 9, can we get the option ourselves with a toggle switch?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nrtv20 View Post
    Also I like the turn off GPS when the screen is off, thats great! You mentioned off for 18 on for 9, can we get the option ourselves with a toggle switch?
    The toggle switch is there now. You just have to flip it for the back 9.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Why the distance doesn't show on yards?

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    I will definately buy this app when palm gets it in the app store, but meanwhile, I have sent you a "tip" via paypal. Thanks for your great efforts.

As far as battery life, I like your idea of having an extended battery just for golf. I've seen the 3800mAh monster but it is a little pricey ($130).
    thanks man - much appreciated!
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Obijuan View Post
    Why the distance doesn't show on yards?

Thanks,
    the distances are all in yards
    used it twice, and the only problem was the lack of accuracy based on the plotting that was used when the course was plotted. I'll have to see it work again with the new features.

I think this is a pretty neat little app. I certainly would buy it from the app store. I'd put my personal max on it at $10-15, though. Personally, I play the same courses over and over, and I generally know the distances. This has proved useful on occasion, though. If I played a wider variety of courses, it would probably be worth more.
    While I haven't been able to try out the newest version yet, I just took a peek and it looks like we can now go in and pickup where we left off after our battery dies! Awesome. Definitely worth a $10-15 price tag. I hope that doesn't sound low to you, but think volume
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    lostnthenet has the right idea, an email would be much easier. I could then create a copy and paste dialog for my app.

rich
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    +1
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    what would be preferred - upload/backup rounds to a website you can manage from there (and allow for more detailed stat processing) or email yourself the round or both?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    what would be preferred - upload/backup rounds to a website you can manage from there (and allow for more detailed stat processing) or email yourself the round or both?
    Both. It would be nice to email a score card to all the players I'm keeping score for.
    I actually took a screen shot of the scorecard after playing 9 holes recently and I was able to email it to myself. Haven't tried it after 18, nor with the most recent update but it should work.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I'm more interested in uploading to either a website or a companion app on my PC where I can manage past rounds/stats/handicap etc...

Are you familiar with the older Inteligolf app? I've always liked both the format for data entry during the round and the stat management from their PC app. Good model to draw from imo. Also, a lot of people use the Yahoo handicap tracker, don't know if there is a way to directly post rounds to that or not, but that would be cool.
    Does anyone know how long it takes for the bbgpsgolf site to update once a golf course is input? I just finished a course that I am playing this weekend. Just want to make sure it is up by Saturday morning.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    @jasonmoore - it updates to 100% mapped once a day. If not there tomorrow let me know so I can force it

I'll investigate the saving data. Somehow the data has got to get out. I personally have never used intelligolf and really don't keep any sort of round stats. Seems lots of people do though!
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmoore View Post
    Does anyone know how long it takes for the bbgpsgolf site to update once a golf course is input? I just finished a course that I am playing this weekend. Just want to make sure it is up by Saturday morning.
    I edited a course a couple of hours before playing and it took effect immediately as far as I could tell. Another course I entered from scratch also seemed to be available right away.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jk175d View Post
    I edited a course a couple of hours before playing and it took effect immediately as far as I could tell. Another course I entered from scratch also seemed to be available right away.
    Exactly - edits are immediate. The only delay is when you add a new course and the system needs to mark it as "100% mapped" which happens once a day I think - possibly a couple times a day. The reason for the 100% mapped filter is so that GPF doesn't show any unfinished courses when searching. I'd love to start a campaign to finish all the unfinished courses - who's with me?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I used the latest update and found it worked well with a few gotcha's along the way.

1) When using the 'mark' feature, as I arrive at my ball and check my shot distance I have two choices; Close or Close and Reset. It would be nice to have the option to 'Close and Mark' for the next shot. Right now I have to hit mark twice at my ball, once to view the previous shot and then to setup for the next.

1a) Could we add a 'Mark' or 'Current Shot' entry to the distance list widget? This way I wouldn't need to hit the button when I arrive at my ball unless I want to mark for the next shot.

2) I tried using the scoring system and had some issues. Several times I needed to go back to a previous hole to change a putt count or score. When I finished the round, all the individual hole information is correct, but the totals were off. It had me shooting a 75 for 9 holes. I am not great but I am not that bad either =). It's almost as if when I went to a previous hole to modify a number it would re-add those scores to a running tally. Maybe just have the system add up the numbers at the end and not keep a running tally?

3) Not sure if you changed anything but my battery life seemed to improve as well. I was using the GPS always on mode and had over 50% battery after 9 holes!

Thanks again.

rich
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Rich - the scoring bug has been reported before and its been fixed for the next update.

I like the shot marking feedback so I'll see what I can do there.

Expect an update today or tomorrow including your club distances....