Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    The gps setting only pertains to gpf and no other apps.

As for what it will cost - undecided. What would you pay?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    $10 seems to be my "I'll pay that" price without even thinking about it. I would probably go as much as $20 or $30 for an app this good but then I'm a gadget junkie. Your average pre-golfer might not be as much of a nerd as I am. I have been logging greens, fairways, putts on my score sheet for a while and having this built in to the app is so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by moserjj View Post
    The gps setting only pertains to gpf and no other apps.

As for what it will cost - undecided. What would you pay?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I've used this app for two rounds. Awsome to have the GPS functionality. I had to plot one course I played and I did a couple of edits on the other. All the yardage info was very easy to access and spot on. Great app!

However..... Last week the round drained my battery down to about 18%. Today my battery died and the Pre shut off at about the 15th hole !! Started the round at about 90% charged.

This is probably more of a Pre problem than this app but man, that really bites! How are the rest of you making out with battery life during a complete round?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Its heavy on battery I agree although I can make it through 18 (barely). A new preference has been added to updated version that doesn't keep the gps running when the screen is off. I figure I'll have that setting on for 9 holes, off for 18
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Another nugget - on the scorecard scene (available any time during play from app menu) turn the pre to landscape for alternate scorecard view
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Its heavy on battery I agree although I can make it through 18 (barely). A new preference has been added to updated version that doesn't keep the gps running when the screen is off. I figure I'll have that setting on for 9 holes, off for 18
    cool, have you tried a round with this setting on yet. I wonder a) if you notice a difference in battery drainage, and b) if the gps zeros in quick enough when you turn the screen on say as you get up to your 2nd shot, or does it need a minute to get locked in to the 3-4 yard accuracy range?
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Yeah I've tried it and it does take longer to hone in so its best to turn on the phone a bit before you get there. Its not a full minute but 10-20 seconds or so estimating. You will notice significant battery improvements with the setting off.
    moserjj- The update looks great. Have you put any thought into a shot measurement tool? I'm thinking of a button that sets where you hit the shot and another that marks where it finished. In an ideal world, you could tell it what club you hit, it would remember those and average them for you.

The more I type, the more work it sounds like, but I think it would really add something useful to the app.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Its already there, click the middle icom on the playing screen (ruler icon). Once to mark your spot, another to show distance.
    A few questions and thanks. After seeing this, my daughter has a BB Curve, I downloaded this on hers today, she will try out tomorrow, a collegiate golfer and she is so excited, so thanks.

1) Is this the same app that was available on the Preload? I had this, downloaded the new one thru Filecoaster, and my icon did go to the clear rectangle. I just deleted and reloaded, it looks like it loaded over the top of the original.

2) Why is this edition expiring on 9/14/09? Will it automatically end, update, or have to buy?

3) If I donate now via Paypal, does that extend the above or preclude from buying?

Great app, we are a family of golfers and after showing this to my husband and son, they are now ready to get the Pre just for this!!! This could be big bucks!!

Keep up the good work
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    @nmoreman

1. This is the same app as the preload one but I've only updated through precentral and filecoaster. Forgot about preload actually

2/3. To be honest, its set to expire so that the app will need to be purchased from palm when available (it will be cheap). Donating now won't extend your version since palm might see that as purchasing the app not from them and I don't want to tick them off. But I have worked hard on the app so feel free to throw in a tip

I'll make sure there is a working version until its in palm's app catalog which is probably later than 9/14
    moserjj just a quick question,
    I was looking at the BBGPSGolf website and it had an option to download clubs with distances. Any thought of providing user club distances to incorporate into your app?
    I had a chance to use your app on a course that was already mapped and it was fantastic. I am playing this weekend on a course that isn't mapped and I'm gonna try my luck at mapping it. Do you think it is easier to map on computer or manually at the course? I tried online and I don't know which hole number corresponds to the ones i need to map.
    Anyone else who has mapped a course already please feel free to chime in.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    @alexlevy117

If you want to use gpf to play you probably want to mark online. I'd try and find a scorecard or hole layout on their website maybe. Mapping it on the phone would work if you can do that before your round.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    moserjj,

Nice updates to an already nice app. Here is a suggestion from someone who has written a golf app before. There is no need to ask for GIR stat.

if (score - putts <= par - 2) { GIR = true }

Also, with your 'mark' feature, I don't see the need to list the Tee distance. What is it good for? Maybe an option to not display it to save some screen real estate?

thanks

rich
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Thanks rich - added to my list. Good stuff
    This. Freaking. Rocks.

That is all.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    moserjj,

One more feature request for you. Would it be possible to export the collected round data to a file that could be accessed via USB? I have a tracker app myself and would love to be able to use your app during my round and transfer the data to my stat collector when I get home. I have no import currently but it should be easy write one depending on your export format.
    rich
    Last edited by fergus420; 08/25/2009 at 08:55 PM.
    1st, great app. I have used it several times and it is great. The update makes it even better. I will definitely buy this app when it gets added to the catalogue.
    2nd, I need some help. If anyone is familiar with Cloverleaf Golf course in Alton, IL, could you please input it into bbs golf. I am playing there this weekend and have never played before. I went to the golf clubs website and it is under construction so I can not even get the layout from the website. I know it is a longshot but I thought I would ask.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Don't know about exporting to a file but I might setup an upload to a website and export from there. It would be useful if you have to restore phone, get a replacement, etc.
    Don't know about exporting to a file but I might setup an upload to a website and export from there. It would be useful if you have to restore phone, get a replacement, etc.
    Moser,

Great update. How bout just an email button to email the scorecard to yourself?

Thanks,
    Eric