Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Bugs
    Already getting some constructive comments. Thanks guys.
    * The instant SMS beta 1 has been reported to cause certain contacts to not appear in the message list if you delete their thread. This has been reported to be fixable with a partial erase. Instant SMS beta 2, has had no issues reported. Sorry for the inconvenience to everyone who used the first SMS shortcut.
    * For some reason, developer mode and phone preferences seem to vanish randomly.
    * Left some debug code in, and it's stopping shortcut updates from happening. News still shows up though. Will post a news item when this is fixed.

Sorry for the trouble, thanks for not cruicying me over the apparent SMS issues.

dg Quick Cut 1.0.1
    Added a restart shortcut, exclusive to v1.0.1 and above.
    Added news.
    Fixed number format for number entries such as phone numbers.
    Sorry for not getting the big stuff in this release, it's coming I promise.

dg Quick Cut 1.0.0
    Creates new shortcuts in the launcher for a few extra functions such as:
    Instantly dialing a phone number
    Jumping straight to the new contact dialog, to avoid having to open up the contacts app and click new
    Directions to certain locations

It's been developed in a way, where it includes a small list of shortcuts with the app, but on start, it pulls a new list from the web. This way I can update shortcuts as they come in, without requiring people to redownload the app.

Also allows copying of existing shortcuts, so universal search can be even more universal. Can't remember if the photo app is named gallery, photos, or pictures? Simply copy the default shortcut and put all 3 names.

It requires the com.palm.app naming convention in order to access the list of current shortcuts. This does not affect where the app installs or whether it can be uninstalled.

If you would like to help come up with new shortcuts. You can look through the source code of the pre-installed apps, specifically the app-assistant.jsjsjs $files$. $In$ $there$ $you$ $should$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $find$ $launch$ $parameters$ $for$ $that$ $app$. $Let$ $me$ $know$ $if$ $you$ $find$ $anything$ $interesting$.

Please report any bugs that you find to:
    quickcutwebos@mikedg.com

Licensing Conditions:
    This application is available for free, but can not be redistributed without permission (use email link above), and the source code is not open source.

I'd love to hear suggestions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kaze0; 08/03/2009 at 07:13 AM.
    its time to kick *** and chew bubble gum, kick ***.
    looks pretty cool. Thanks Kaze0
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Very nice!

Edit: A few suggestions:
    1) Is there any chance of linking a contact to the dialing shortcut? Or, at least be able to look up a current contact?
    2) Txting shortcuts!
    3) Let maps be done from current location. Also, have the maps' address be imported (looked up) from the contacts.

Great app! I'm loving it!
    Last edited by WhoAmI; 07/29/2009 at 10:06 AM.
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    Very nice!

1) Is there any chance of linking a contact to the dialing shortcut? Or, at least be able to look up a current contact?
    2) Txting shortcuts!
    3) Let maps be done from current location. Also, have the maps' address be imported (looked up) from the contacts.

I second the vote for #1. Sorta like the functionality that Contacts already has of putting a shortcut to a contact on the launcher, including the photo.

But otherwise, SWEEEEEEEEEET!
    What is the "com.palm.app naming convention"? Where do we get it? How do we install it?
    Laissez Faire
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    What is the "com.palm.app naming convention"? Where do we get it? How do we install it?
    That just meant that the intenral name of the app is com.palm.app.something
    It allows the apps to have some extra access that normal apps wouldn't have.
    Doesn't require anything different to install, just requires that you be a little careful when you install apps that are named that way because they can do a little bit more than normal.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    Very nice!

2) Txting shortcuts!

Thanks for the suggestions. They are much appreciated.

1) I definately want to do this, but my first priority was to get the app out with a generic framework for shortcuts. If you get interested and poke around the code, you might find some stuff related to that.
    2) Will look into this
    3) Poked around a few times with this with no luck, current work around is to create a MAPTO shortcut, enter the destination. Then when you click it, itll bring up a map of that area, click the header and then directions to here. It's not ideal by a long shot. Sorry.
    Excellent App!

I would like to see when adding a shortcut that it links to contacts so that you get pictures along with the phone call. Great job of making it look like a true webos app. It looks nearly like it came from Palm themselves. Keep up the work!
    Great.
    1. Add new calendar entry.
    2. How do you delete a shortcut once it is created?
    3. The map shortcut seems to hang and not open.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaze0 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. They are much appreciated.
    No problem! It's the least I can do to support your application!

Quote Originally Posted by kaze0 View Post
    1) I definately want to do this, but my first priority was to get the app out with a generic framework for shortcuts. If you get interested and poke around the code, you might find some stuff related to that.
    2) Will look into this
    3) Poked around a few times with this with no luck, current work around is to create a MAPTO shortcut, enter the destination. Then when you click it, itll bring up a map of that area, click the header and then directions to here. It's not ideal by a long shot. Sorry.
    1) I did poke around the code and I do see the nice framework! I'm new to the Mojo framework (and advanced JSJSJS $programming$ $in$ $general$) $but$ $I$ $do$ $like$ $how$ $you$ $set$ $up$ $the$ $framework$. $Great$ $use$ $of$ $the$ $LOCALJSON$-$DEPOT$-$AJAX$ $functionality$! $I$ $can$'$t$ $wait$ $to$ $see$ $live$ $updates$ $on$ $this$. $Perhaps$ $you$ $could$ $add$ $a$ &$quot$;$what$'$s$ $new$&$quot$; $section$ $though$ $to$ $the$ $shortuct$ $type$ $scene$?
    2) Great!
    3) Don't worry - it's not your fault! Hopefully Palm/Google will add this functionality to Google Maps' application Manager calls.
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
  12.    #12  
    New shortcut file up, should be downloaded seamlessly when you run the app. Added some more notes along with 2 new shortcuts. One for developer mode and one for phone preferences (makes switching between roam or no roam much easier)
    The auto update feature is great! I just got the 2 new shortcuts. One quick suggestion: is it possible when making an instant dial shortcut to auto assign the contacts pic to it? Not sure if the sdk grants access into our contacts database...

Edit: Better yet, (again not sure of the sdk limitations) when making an instant dial shortcut for an existing contact could you allow us to scroll through our contacts list and just select the individual? Then if we wanted to change the name of the shortcut we could.

Edit 2: Oops... didn't notice WhoAmI suggested the same feature.
    Last edited by mrjcarter; 07/29/2009 at 12:32 PM.
    This is one of the most useful and polished apps I've seen so far. The phone preferences icon alone is genius - no idea why these settings were hidden away but I remember searching for them for about 10 minutes trying to find out how to enable data roaming. My only suggestions echo what's already been said. Thanks for the great work!
    Another suggestion: When creating a shortcut of an application, could you make a preference that allows us to hide the icon in the launcher, similar to the tweak posted on the pre dev wiki which lets us hide the NASCAR app (along with others)? I like the idea of being able to search "Twitter" instead of "Tweed" or "Spaz" but I'm a neat freak and can't deal with all these redundant icons.

Great app by the way
  16.    #16  
    1) New calendar entry is a high priority but may take some custom coding (I need it badly)
    2) Hold the orange blob button and click on the shortcut in the launcher.
    3) Not sure about this, will look into it.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Another suggestion: When creating a shortcut of an application, could you make a preference that allows us to hide the icon in the launcher, similar to the tweak posted on the pre dev wiki which lets us hide the NASCAR app (along with others)? I like the idea of being able to search "Twitter" instead of "Tweed" or "Spaz" but I'm a neat freak and can't deal with all these redundant icons.

Great app by the way
    Thanks. The tweed/spaz/twitter thing was actually my first use case for this

Unfortunately I don't think I can hide the icons and still have them show up with Universal Search. This was one of my highly desired features. It might work with some root required tweaks to the palm apps though. I did a proof of concept for that for an old version, but I'm not sure if I saved those changes somewhere before updating WebOS
    AWESOME application!!!! much thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    kaze0,
    I'm not at home now so I can't download your app and see exactly how it works, but it looks similar to what I was going to do. I don't want to duplicate your efforts, so let me just point you to a thread I started with technical details of how to create shortcuts for speeddial, email, and sms in the launcher. It's all a hack right now requiring editing of the launchpoint files in /var/luna/launchpoint, but does allow shortcuts to be created with the persons contact photo that go straight to the dialer, new email message, or new sms message. Feel free to use the info if it's helpful.
    Last edited by worthb; 07/29/2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Fixed broken link - thanks whitesmoke
    Great app man, thanks so much!
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast