Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I would love a shortcut that would allow instant SMS to a specific contact.

Just click a shortcut and with one click you would be able to send a sms to whomever.

User would need to make a separate shortcut for each person for "instant sms"

Like the instinct had.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Very good job with this app...I just spent a couple of minutes racking my brain to see if i could make a suggestion that no one else had...How about a shortcut to a specific artist, album, or even song in your music app?...or to a specific station in the pandora app? that may be a bit more difficult as that is a third-party app though. just a thought.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thanks alot on the help, maybe i should try opening my eyes next time. GREAT APP by the way!!!
    nice app, keep up the good work
  5.    #45  
    Hey guys,

I came across a bug, not sure if it's related to my shortcuts or just a general freakout of the SMS app, but after using Instant SMS Beta 1, quite a few times, and then deleting the text thread a few times. I wound up making it so my girlfriend does not appear in the inbox list anymore, woops. Not sure if it's related to using that shortcut or not though. Maybe it's just a messaging issue? I'd take caution when using Instant SMS Beta 1 though. i'll add a note to the description. As hard as I tried, I wans't able to reproduce this with other contacts.

New release coming soon. Adds framework for me to set some text field attributes via the auto downloaded updates, so for number fields it defaults to numbers, etc...
    Adds a help menu with some contact info, not too useful.
    Adds news, so I can alert you to new program updates and some other new features.
    A few random bug fixes.

Thanks for all of the great comments and suggestions and requests.
    Last edited by kaze0; 07/30/2009 at 07:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Thanks, Kaze! Another bug or request -- in Instant SMS Beta 2, when I use a number that I already have a contact for, the contact name displays correctly in the new SMS window. But for Instant SMS Beta 1, the contact name does not display at all -- only the number is shown. Can you have the contact name display for SMS 1 also?
    I made a program shortcut (for the Black Weather App)

Now I am trying to delete my shortcut and it gives me both delete prompts....but it wont get rid of it!

Any suggestions?
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by iranmani113 View Post
    I made a program shortcut (for the Black Weather App)

Now I am trying to delete my shortcut and it gives me both delete prompts....but it wont get rid of it!

Any suggestions?
    Make sure you release the orange button. I had some issues trying to delete a ton of shortcuts at once, by holding down the orange button and just tapping the screen wildly. The two screens kept popping up, but nothing was being deleted.

Whats the black weather app?

Try a reboot?
    I have programed 48368 into the SMS shortcut; gives me the option to easily add an event to the calendat.
    Laissez Faire
  10.    #50  
    Thats an awesome idea!
    Very cool...
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Thanks for adding the reboot shortcut!
    Cant wait to try this out! **go go gadget filecoaster!**
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Great app!!! This makes universal search so much more useful. One little issue I found is that there is a typo in the Instant E-Mail shortcut description. At the bottom, instead of mailto:, it says mapto:.
    Last edited by roninj; 07/30/2009 at 04:27 PM.
    I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this but earlier today, I created the Phone Settings shortcut and moved it to another page. It later disappeared. I have no idea where it went to.
    Can we modify launcher created web apps? I have a bank of american dropbox webapp but i hate the icons it generates. And when you try to zoom in to adjust the icon you can only go so far.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this but earlier today, I created the Phone Settings shortcut and moved it to another page. It later disappeared. I have no idea where it went to.
    Try using universalsearch, maybe it just got lost in the shuffle, or are you sure you knew where it was?
    Great stuff. I'm running version 1.0.1 and have two suggestions for you:

1. For restart phone, how about creating a different icon so that people don't mistakenly hit restart phone when they actually just want to launch dgquickcut since both icons are identical.

2. For restart phone short cut, please add a confirmation like "Are you sure you wish to restart" in case someone accidentally hits that icon.

Otherwise I'm lovin' it.
    Everything was working fine until i made a text shortcut. Now i cannot recieve or send text to that contact. I have deleted it rebooted pre, did partial erase and still not working. I can text to everyone else with no problems but to the contact that i have made the shortcut for is still not working.i have deleted that contact and re inputed it as well and it still doesnt work. Even if i just type the phone number it doesnt work. Any ideas?
    Updated thread title to:
    dg Quick Cut - Shortcut App 1.0.1 (7/30)

- Craig
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast