Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    There is an update coming. I Had to put this on the back burner to deal with work but I expect to continually develop this and make it a very useful app. Expect a big update in the next couple of weeks! If I can I'll release several smaller updates so that I can get feedback as we progress!
    Last edited by mfive; 08/29/2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I agree! What we need is to replicate GeoNiche GeoNiche | RayDar LLC that was on the PalmOS. I even emailed the author of that asking him to make a Pre version. I never heard anything.

GeoNiche is a REALLY awesome program with all the features you would need. We basically need that program in a WebOS way.
    Oh HELL yeah. GeoNiche IS awesome. I still use my old Treo 650 for Geocaching because of it... Then again, I just got my pre yesterday (Bell Canada here).
    ok i've used the app about 6 times and think you have somthing to work with here new to the whole thing though. wish there were a way to let you see live data where you were and a compass.used with the go 2 tool. works but looking forward 2 updates. keep up the good work.
    Just downloaded this as my first Homebrew App. Looks great. Looking forward to the updates and hope you have considered filtering out caches found. Thanks for the start. Keep it coming
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Just found this Keep up the good work. Can't wain for the updates
    Looks good. I've been geocaching for a while. I started with a Garmin hand held GPS, then moved to a car dash mount...now I can use my Pre. Thanks.

jebwick
    Quote Originally Posted by mfive View Post
    Expect a big update in the next couple of weeks!
    Hey look! It has been a couple of weeks! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    There is an update coming. I Had to put this on the back burner to deal with work but I expect to continually develop this and make it a very useful app. Expect a big update in the next couple of weeks! If I can I'll release several smaller updates so that I can get feedback as we progress!
    Check out Go To Tool in the App Catalog on your device people!
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Sorry for not updating as I planned. Once I learned that geocaching.com wouldn't allow us access to their data, the only way to get it is to screen-scrape. Not that I couldn't do it, but it's not reliable and could easily be broken by geocaching.com.

I contacted markpowers weeks ago to share my interest in creating an app for everyone that would integrate with geocaching.com somehow, but never received a reply. Obviously he's more concerned with marketing his own app in my app's thread (or competing) rather than sharing ideas and creating a usable app that works for everyone. It's my understanding that you still have to copy and paste waypoints into Go To Tool, correct? I'd rather create something that's more user-friendly than that (and mine, as well).
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Sorry for not updating as I planned. Once I learned that geocaching.com wouldn't allow us access to their data, the only way to get it is to screen-scrape. Not that I couldn't do it, but it's not reliable and could easily be broken by geocaching.com.

I contacted markpowers weeks ago to share my interest in creating an app for everyone that would integrate with geocaching.com somehow, but never received a reply. Obviously he's more concerned with marketing his own app in my app's thread (or competing) rather than sharing ideas and creating a usable app that works for everyone. It's my understanding that you still have to copy and paste waypoints into Go To Tool, correct? I'd rather create something that's more user-friendly than that (and mine, as well).

Any update, looking forward for somthing new........
    This seems to use an address in a town that neighbors the town in which I live, rather than the GPS position. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Teemax... No idea, that's really strange becaues all the app does is plug in the latitute and longitude coordinates of your current position. Are you outside with a good signal?

Anyway, I wanted to make sure everyone knew about the new Precaching tool. It's open source, and includes all the functionality you would need to geocache on your phone. http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...recaching.html.

I'm glad something came along with an incorporated compass and it parses the results from geocaching.com and displays them nicely.

I'm glad somebody took the time to do this, I always wanted to but never found the time.

ENJOY!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12