Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    MouseBurglar is a game where you play a mouse intent on stealing gems from a safe. Problem is the laser security system has been specially designed to zap you out of existence!

As of version 0.5.0, MouseBurglar can be found here.

What's up in v0.7.2?
    • Option for maximum laser amount. Defaults to 10.
    • Fixed bug where diamonds would appear off-screen.
    • BUG: Once you play the game, trying to access the 'Options' will freeze the app. This can be fixed by closing and restarting MouseBurglar.

What's next on the list?
    • Joystick for use in portrait mode.
    • High score log with nickname acceptance.
    • Survival Mode.
    • Short-Lived Bonuses: laser deflection, increased speed, etc.

*NOTE*
    Feel free to post your scores! I'd love to hear how far people are getting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Phenom0420; 08/25/2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Altered to effect new v0.7.2
    THX. Will DL now.
    screencaps yet??
    Looks good so far. Just suggstion to use different keys for the control. The seem a bit cramped.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by musiccity View Post
    screencaps yet??
    Got one up for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    Looks good so far. Just suggstion to use different keys for the control. The seem a bit cramped.
    I do plan on adding buttons onscreen for movement. Which buttons would you suggest tho? I dont actually have a Palm Pre so I'm unsure which buttons to use. Perhaps APQL?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I'd suggest Q and A for up and down and perhaps O and P for left and right respectively. Some might find it a bit odd having the commands spread but i think most "gamers" would be fine with it.

Also my JavaScript specifically is a bit weak but I could manage the laser bounce is action script so if you want to send me the bit of code that's causing you trouble i'd be happy to take a look. No promises about how helpful I'll actually be though :P
    Q P
    A Backspace

Backspace should work. It's not like it's doing anything else while in your app.

Also, what about screen flicks?

Also, there doesn't seem to be much of a game as of yet. I can move the mouse around, sure, but the fuzzy blue thing just burries itself in the corner, leaving me confused. Is that the laser? Because if it is, dying would be something.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Q P
    A Backspace

Backspace should work. It's not like it's doing anything else while in your app.

Also, what about screen flicks?

Also, there doesn't seem to be much of a game as of yet. I can move the mouse around, sure, but the fuzzy blue thing just burries itself in the corner, leaving me confused. Is that the laser? Because if it is, dying would be something.
    No, definitely not much of anything. If you notice in the first post I state that this version (0.0.ONE) is pretty basic. I'm having trouble with the laser rebound - it'll create a new random trajectory but immediately go back to its original. Which means it just sort of wobbles. That's what I'm working on right now.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    I'd suggest Q and A for up and down and perhaps O and P for left and right respectively. Some might find it a bit odd having the commands spread but i think most "gamers" would be fine with it.

Also my JavaScript specifically is a bit weak but I could manage the laser bounce is action script so if you want to send me the bit of code that's causing you trouble i'd be happy to take a look. No promises about how helpful I'll actually be though :P
    I have a Pre and I agree as to the buttons
  10.    #10  
    Alright - fixed the laser issue, and changed the directional buttons. Will be getting to the gems and then adding in levels.
    Yes, great game idea...looking forward to when we can play with a purpose. Kinda got me confused at first as all there was to do is move a mouse...then I reread the post, and everything made sense.

So wish I could learn programming...sad I am an EE major with 2 years of Java under my belt (B and C grades) and I can't remember anything about programming...except maybe Hello World.

Good luck and look forward to more play action.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Yes, great game idea...looking forward to when we can play with a purpose. Kinda got me confused at first as all there was to do is move a mouse...then I reread the post, and everything made sense.

So wish I could learn programming...sad I am an EE major with 2 years of Java under my belt (B and C grades) and I can't remember anything about programming...except maybe Hello World.

Good luck and look forward to more play action.
    Yeah that's how I was with C++ - I took time to learn it, but really all I can remember is a little syntax. You just have to give yourself a project otherwise you lose it. Thanks for the encouragement! Got a new version up with some real play action available.

Enjoy folks. Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Phenom0420; 07/28/2009 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Typos :)
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Works great. Though once I die I can keep contolling the invisible mouse which is a game in itself. Got through 7 levels without being able to see the mouse. :P
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Very cool. But it seems to cheat because I cannot beat it.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    this is worth a try may be fun
    Updated thread title to:
    Super Mouse Game v0.1.1 [was0.0.2] [7/28]

Good work!

You don't need to say that this is a working title beacuse as a beta test version, many names will change before they are completed.
    - Craig
    This is fun, thanx!!!

I'm going with the WASD or OKL<backspace> key layout suggestion since is this very much a D-pad style game.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    Works great. Though once I die I can keep contolling the invisible mouse which is a game in itself. Got through 7 levels without being able to see the mouse. :P
    Hah glad you enjoyed that little "bug". It's been squashed - but I most likely might bring that functionality back, perhaps as an short-lived bonus or something.

Quote Originally Posted by p4trickh View Post
    Very cool. But it seems to cheat because I cannot beat it.
    No, no cheating. Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Updated thread title to:
    Super Mouse Game v0.1.1 [was0.0.2] [7/28]

Good work!

You don't need to say that this is a working title beacuse as a beta test version, many names will change before they are completed.
    - Craig
    Thanks! && I'll keep that in mind - this is the first game/program I've ever released. Learning as I go.

Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    This is fun, thanx!!!

I'm going with the WASD or OKL<backspace> key layout suggestion since is this very much a D-pad style game.
    You're welcome! Thanks for playing! And, yes, it is very much a D-pad style game. I'll be implementing a sort of button input in the near future. I'm going to try for a joy-stick.... <.< We'll see how that goes.
    Updated thread title to:
    MouseBurglar v0.2.0 [was0.1.1] [7/29]

Nice game!

- Craig
    This game is great! Actually my favorite app so far. You should put a high score log in eventually. Also once after several plays my mouse got stuck going left. I don't know why and I couldn't replicate it. I fixed it by restarting the app.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast