Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by jzieman2 View Post
    This game is great! Actually my favorite app so far. You should put a high score log in eventually. Also once after several plays my mouse got stuck going left. I don't know why and I couldn't replicate it. I fixed it by restarting the app.
    Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy it, because I sure do. A high score log is definitely something I will be implementing in the near future.

And about that bug: I'll look into it. Could you only move left or did the mouse just go left autonomously?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Loving it. One future feature you might want to consider is making sure when a new lazer appears it doesn't do it right on top of your mouse. I've had a few deaths happen because the newest lazer starts right where i am and I'm basically dead the second I pick up the diamond.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Cool game - the first real good interactive game for Pre IMHO.

The distance seems like it could be a little more forgiving. I get killed even if I just get sorta close to one of the stars.

Interesting choice on the controls. These first games coming out are going to get everyone used to a certain way and set the stage for all future games. It took me a few minutes to get used to, I think I like the layout.

My current high score is 9.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    I was able to get to 'level 11' once today, but this is great fun because of the random laser/ball bounces off of each other....I've found the mouse moves faster diagonally, so try to line your self up so you are pressing A and O, P and Q, or combos of two (not opposing tho of course :-P)

I would suggest buttons a little further into the keyboard. The ones selected are so snuggly placed against the 'bowl lip' of the keyboard that it is tough to always stay on the buttons. Maybe: W,S and K,L
    The homebrew game community needs to decide a standardized d-pad configuration. I like Snake's -- WASD.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    This mouse game is way too fast moving to be using only one hand like a d-pad. maybe in another game were you need a d-pad style on one side and jump/run buttons on the other side would be more of a thought along those lines, but this one only requires movement, so why cramp the buttons???
    Love the new touch buttons. They are a bit cramped feeling and hit the down instead of up but definately like it better then the keyboard.

8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    This mouse game is way too fast moving to be using only one hand like a d-pad. maybe in another game were you need a d-pad style on one side and jump/run buttons on the other side would be more of a thought along those lines, but this one only requires movement, so why cramp the buttons???
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Love the new touch buttons. They are a bit cramped feeling and hit the down instead of up but definately like it better then the keyboard.

Hmm. Maybe I should make this game widescreen, to give a little more space for the buttons.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Thanks for this Fun app and frequent updates!
    On-screen D-pad is nice but until it works with multitouch I'll just stick to keyboard keys.

A couple things to point out for future updates:
    -The yellow on the top is a little confusing and dosent look like active game area. Maybe you can push that yellow gradient up a bit.
    -Maybe you can add a way to let us customize the keyboard keys we use.
    -Is there a way to not have a new laser spawn at our current location? It sucks to get to lvl 9 just have a laser spawn at the diamond I just got and kill me =-(. There just no way to avoid it when it happens.

Other then that Great Game!
    Thx
    www.MTFX.tv
    -Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    @ earlier posts

I think the Mouses speed is perfect and the like where the keyboard are now.

So hopefully in the future we'll have a Mouse speed and keyboard layout "chooser" add to the game
    www.MTFX.tv
    -Touchpad owner
    Update thread title to:
    MouseBurglar v0.3.0 [was0.2.0] [7/31]

I like the new screens!

- Craig
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allergic View Post
    The homebrew game community needs to decide a standardized d-pad configuration. I like Snake's -- WASD.
    I agree. I always find myself messing up because I get the buttons confused. I would much prefer the use of WASD, which worked fine in Snake. Also, the notification bar blocks part of the on-screen controls. Or as others said, implementing customizable controls could fix this issue too.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    i like the new stuff, you need to clean up the on screen play-a-bility alot..... at the end where you see how many diamond and steps you took....but in a small button or slide on that screen for restart.....i would like to see it more touch screen and not key board.....thats why we have a nice touch screen..... landscape mode??? wider playing field instead of taller.....more room for OSD buttons?????

otherwise looking good!!!
    The Wams
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WAMS View Post
    i like the new stuff, you need to clean up the on screen play-a-bility alot..... at the end where you see how many diamond and steps you took....but in a small button or slide on that screen for restart.....i would like to see it more touch screen and not key board.....thats why we have a nice touch screen..... landscape mode??? wider playing field instead of taller.....more room for OSD buttons?????

what about landscape with on screen buttons on either side of the screen. So, two button on left side and two on the right, kinda like using a real controler. whoa, I like that Idea.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    i hate to be mean, but maybe try to reach out to the community for better gfx. The ones you have now aren't horrific (at least compared to the ones in my apps) but could be improved. I have found there are a ton of helpful people on the forums.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    what about landscape with on screen buttons on either side of the screen. So, two button on left side and two on the right, kinda like using a real controler. whoa, I like that Idea.
    I like that idea too. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    i hate to be mean, but maybe try to reach out to the community for better gfx. The ones you have now aren't horrific (at least compared to the ones in my apps) but could be improved. I have found there are a ton of helpful people on the forums.
    I've been meaning to do that - of course these graphics were shotgunned in a hour or so. I do plan on improving them. If I can't get them up to par I'll definitely be getting someone else to do them.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by WAMS View Post

Button for restart has been implemented.

I haven't gotten the hang of the Mojo SDK yet so the game is still in portrait mode. How do the new buttons feel - less cramped? Let me know! I'm still itching to try landscape mode with two buttons on each side. As well as trying to make a joystick widget.

Keyboard keys are still QAOP. Either I'll get a hang of Mojo or I'll implement another way to change options but for now they'll stay. But I hope the buttons are more usable.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I like 0.4.0. I skipped .3 but I like the improvements that are being made. soo cool how the button "shield" you from the lasers.

thought: what about cheese instead of diamond? lol just a thought.

keep up the great work and frequent updates! btw 13 is my hi score
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    the buttons are good, but need to be a little bigger / wider and not part of the playing field. with my thumbs on them i cant see the bottom of the screen!!! great forward progress though.....what up with the horriable color.....are u color blind . definately bring back the black and that yellow cheese idea is great!!!!
    and your best BET will be the landscape mode with the controller look / feel.... up/down on left and left/right on right side!!!!!

keep on
    The Wams
    So I'm having a problem figuring this out. If it has multiple atachments do i have to install them all?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast