Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Where do you want to Go To?

Go To Tool (v1.2.0)
    Go To Tool Lite (v1.2.0)
    Go To Tool Demo (v1.3.1)

This is Demo. Expires 1 Mar 2010. Go To Tool is a paid webOS application for creating, sharing, managing and finding GPS locations.

*** NEW VERSION 1.3.1:
    -Now with full-screen map and tappable location indicators.
    -Import gpx trails.
    -This version includes alerts and notifications for any type of waypoint.

Go To Tool VERSION 1.1.1 *****

Quick Waypoint
    - Added scene to allow for quick marking, tagging, saving and sending your current location (email only so far). Tap 'Quick' - Tap 'Tag' - Tap 'Save'
    - Default settings show Quick Waypoint at launch and autosave your current location with 'Other' tag.

Map and List View
    - Added map showing multiple waypoints, current heading and optional track of where you've been.
    - Modified sort and display algorithms to avoid bogging down with tracking on.

Alerts and Notifications
    - Dashboard Notification for Map and List view contains mini-map showing multiple waypoints and current heading. Keep your eye on the closest waypoints while multi-tasking.
    - Dashboard Notification for Go To view contains heading dial, navigation arrow, distance and waypoint name and description. Keep your eye on the target while multi-tasking.

GPS Console
    - Added GPS Console screen for looking at raw GPS data.

Go To View
    - Decreased dial size and move elements to adjust for different display heights (to accomodate banners and dashboards and Pixi).

GPS Error checking
    - Added GPS error checking to all scenes.

Help
    - Added support email link.

Bug Fixes
    - Waypoint entry by DDD MM.mmm now allows latitudes and longitudes between 0.000 and -1.000 to be saved.

Go To Tool VERSION 1.1.1 *****

Go To Tool VERSION 1.0.0 ******

Available for purchase in the app catalog! Full version now features pop-up alerts and dashboard notifications to keep you going even when app is minimized... Where do you want to Go To?

Go To Tool VERSION 1.0.0 ******

Go To Tool Lite VERSION 0.5.2 *****

Import
    - loosened up import even further...

Go To page
    - Fixed Log Button

Go To Tool Lite VERSION 0.5.2 *****

Go To Tool Lite VERSION 0.5.1 *****

Import
    - Can now import gpx files from other sources (tested with bikerag gpx)

Go To page
    - Lock-out heading dial rotation in preferences
    - Turn off display of glass in preferences
    - Nav and Sat buttons now pass waypoint name and description

List View
    - Distance sort more efficient

Go To Tool Lite VERSION 0.5.1 *****

Go To Tool Lite VERSION 0.5.0 *****

Preferences
    - Metric/English Units
    - 2 GPS coordinate formats in the lite version

Import
    - Can now import *.loc files (from Geocaching.com)
    - Lite version limits import to 500 waypoints

Go To
    - Details button shows waypoint's URL in browser (cache details, etc.).

List View
    - Distance Sort now a toggle. Be careful with too many waypints in your list!

Go To Tool Lite VERSION 0.5.0 *****

VERSION 0.4.1 *****

Import geocaching gpx files!!!
    - Put files on device's media partition via USB, import in Go To tool, see screenshot. Tested with 500 waypoint files. ***
    - Log button on

Go To page
    - Opens geocaching.com in browser, focused on log page for the selected cache. ***
    - New waypoint 'near' opens in same window for easier copy/paste. ***
    - WebView control keeps browsing in the same window. Extra information captured from URL provides better geocaching.com integration.

New background color and display fixes.

VERSION 0.4.1 *****

The application has 3 main scenes: List View, Add Waypoint, and Go To.

LIST VIEW
    The app opens in list view. All of the existing waypoints are listed and once the GPS gets a fix they are sorted by distance from the current position. You can toggle continuous sorting off and on- this is useful to know which waypoints are closest as you move around. You tap a list item to enter Go To mode. There is also a button to show the Add Waypoint scene. The list view can read waypoint import files (i.e. *.gpx for geocaches).

For geocachers I have a button labeled 'Near' that will open the add waypoint scene and then take the current coordinates and open up the geocaching.com search page in the browser to find closest caches to the current location. After that it's look and type.

ADD WAYPOINT
    When this scene is shown it attempts to get a position fix. When successful, the coordinates default to the current location. Coordinates can be entered in DDD MM.mmm format (now the default) or DDD.hhhhh format. There is also a near button that will take the current coordinates and open up the geocaching.com search page in the browser to find closest caches to the current location.

GO TO VIEW
    In Go To view you can stop and start GPS tracking. There is a compass dial that should show your current heading (works at 3-4 mph walk but loses heading if you go slower) and a compass needle that points in the direction of the destination. If there is no heading lock then you can turn the whole phone so N lines up with North and the direction arrow will point correctly. You can also lock-out the heading dial and always point the N to North. Distance to destination is listed in the header. Some of the raw data is displayed around the compass dial. Use the back gesture to go back to list view (this stops the tracking). A 'Nav' button will launch turn by turn directions in Google Maps to get you close to waypoint and a 'Sat' button will launch Google Maps in satellite view at max zoom centered on the waypoint. Currently the app has a 'count' in the display that shows you how many tracking hits have accumulated since Go To was started. I also have a spinner that shows for 500ms when a new tracking point has been acquired.

BTW, I emailed geocaching.com and they said they had their own app in dev and I could not access their web services directly.

**** Access my application here. ****
    Last edited by markpowers; 02/04/2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: New Version
    Thanks, change your post to developed, not am developing.... It looks developed already
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    wow, this is really great work. i will give it a wirl this weekend with the kids. we like to go geocaching with the garmin...
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    This really is pretty slick. I don't know if the compass graphic is yours, but I really appreciate the touch of glass you added. Nice to see a bit of an aesthetic touch in an early app. Keep up the great work!
    Ill have to check this out at home but looks great!
    Looks like a great app so far. Is there anyway to have the app import the coords from geocaching and set up a waypoint? I usually had a ton of different caches loaded into my centro. You app has a ton of potential and is setup nicely. I just hate having to copy and paste...lol. I know I am a whinebag...

But perfect app... As is, I can check off the geocache app...lol.

Now I just need an e-book reader...lol.
    This is great! I was hoping for this app.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Looks Great. Make it easy for idiots like me.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Can you add a feature that lets you just use the compass?
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Huge potential. I especially like the compass view. Handing when walking around a big city and you don't have any idea where you are.

So I don't have a sense of direction. :-)
    The integration with Google Maps really puts this over the top!

Nicely done!

Joe
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    One other thing, am I the only one who can never find their car when parked in a huge mall parking lot? This tool could be perfect for something like that.
    Just installed and played a bit with it - excellent!

Quick suggestion: the small data feeds would be more readable with a bit of space between the text and the edge of the screen.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Can you add a feature that lets you just use the compass?
    I 2nd this. I think a compass would be a fantastic app.
    So far so good. I messed with it a bit tonight. Not a fan of cut and past on the Pre yet...so hopefully you can find a way to make it work without that...Great job...the graphics are top quality...probably the best that I have seen of all of the homebrew apps!
    nice app, works very well
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    this is fantastic
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Was playing with the GoTo Tool and works fine except there might be a memory problem. It was the only app i was running and it kept telling me that no more cards can be started because of memory. May be a memory leak.
    Mark, Your app is looking good! I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, as I just found it and I'm currently at work, but hopefully I'll get out this weekend for some adventures.

In the meantime, though, I had a concept that I don't want to re-draw out here. I've made a thread at:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...data-cron.html
    Do you think that such a service would be at all helpful and possible? I'm interested in getting feedback on this idea.
    Thanks,
    Jason
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Great App clean graphics
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast