Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
  1.    #161  
    Does anyone have a pre-1.2 webOS device out there?

Can you tell me how many downloads of Go To Tool Lite there've been from the app store?

I was getting close to 20K before I updated to 1.2 yesterday evening...
    Mark,

21019 as of 1600 CDT

Tony
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by atalbert View Post
    Mark,

21019 as of 1600 CDT

Tony
    Thanks, man! How about another?
    Sorry but my pre updated to 1.2 yesterday
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by markpowers View Post
    Does anyone have a pre-1.2 webOS device out there?

Can you tell me how many downloads of Go To Tool Lite there've been from the app store?

I was getting close to 20K before I updated to 1.2 yesterday evening...
    Can anyone help me again?
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    O love this app!!! I was having an issue with my accuracy being 3500+ feet but found that if I'm moving it works fine.

Feature request: I download a cache list before I go out caching. While adventuring I'd like to be able to update my waypoint list with a disposition of found or not found. Maybe being able to change the color of the waypoint in the list to either yellow (found) or lite blue (not found). That way when I look at my list I can quickly determine what logs I need to complete when I get home. It also gives me a quick visual cue of what caches I'm visited.

I understand you have the 'Log' button, but I dont always have the time to log from the field.

This may be a noob question, but how do I import more than one at a time? I have loaded a few dozen onto my Pre but when I import, it only does one at a time. Default is set to 500. Whats the trick to selecting multiple waypoints at once to import?

Thanks.
    ??
  7.    #167  
    Your import file must have more than one waypoint. With a free membership on GC.com you can get up to 10 waypoints in a file by checking all on the search results page and saving to file. With a premium membership you can do pocket queries that will send up to 500 waypoints in a file.

The paid version of the app in the app catalog will get the ability to edit waypoints, including active or found status.
    Thanks Mark. What can we expect from the paid app if you dont mind? I love this app, just curios whats to come.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Can anyone tell me if the lite or the paid version is usable for geotagging photos? Thanks.
  10.    #170  
    Go To Tool VERSION 1.0.0 ******

Available for purchase in the app catalog! Full version now features pop-up alerts and dashboard notifications to keep you going even when app is minimized... Where do you want to Go To?

Go To Tool VERSION 1.0.0 ******
  11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the lite or the paid version is usable for geotagging photos? Thanks.
    If you enable it in location preferences the Pre should do it by itself in the Camera app. If you are talking about photos from another camera, this app can be used to save the GPS location where you take a shot and added to the photo with another app. Paid or lite will do it.
    Cool program, but I'm having a bit of an issue with showing locations in Google Maps. I doubt it is an issue on your end, as I have the same problem with FindMyCar... the coords always show up in GM as a street address, or even worse, an approximate street address. For some reason, GM will not pin my location by the coords. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Here's some more details: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ing-issue.html
    Last edited by DrHeathenScum; 10/06/2009 at 10:25 PM.
    Wondering if the paid version has the 500-point limit? Are the differences between Lite and paid just those mentioned above -- pop-up alerts and dashboard notifications -- or are there other distinctions?
  14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by goldyman View Post
    Wondering if the paid version has the 500-point limit? Are the differences between Lite and paid just those mentioned above -- pop-up alerts and dashboard notifications -- or are there other distinctions?
    Right now the only difference is alerts and notifications.

The 500-waypoint limit is only enforced on imports.

That said, I am currently using the Depot method of storage which has a size limit, semingly less than 1000 waypoints. I tried to import 500 waypoint to add to 611 already in the tool. The import worked and I saw 1111 waypoints in ListView. But the Save of the additional 500 waypoints did not work because after I exited and came back in there were only the 611 waypoints in the tool.

I plan to convert to more robust storage in a future release. Can't guarantee when that particular feature will be enhanced.

I happen to think the alerts and notifications are pretty awesome!!
    Will try a new version on the app catalog soon.

The 500 limit seems mute to me. Even 500 is too many unless you've found a way to substantially speed up sorting. Note it has been several updates since I've attempted to load more than 100.

I think the next obvious feature is UTM conversions. I'd especially love to be able to see my current position in UTM format.
    I'm going backpacking next week and will come close to about 6 caches I want to find. I have a 1:24K map I've drawn a UTM grid on and will be using it to see where I'm at via my Pre but it looks like I'll have to use a workaround for figuring out where a lat/lon plots on my metric map.

I have found a simple website with a javascript converter but I may not get a data signal out there. I think I can just load the page at home since it runs on the client side but for some reason WebOS wants to refresh pages if you've had the card minimized for a while at which point it would lose it. WebOS may just be using memory for other apps and then re-downloading the page when I go back into the card, I'm not sure. In any event I'd shut the phone down overnight to save the battery so I'd lose it then.

I noticed there's an old Palm OS app that will do the conversion as well so I may get the trail version of Classic and the freeware of the app and use that but it seems like there should be a better way.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    any way to get this app to work without a data connection? I'll be going hiking soon and I may not get a data signal, but I'd lik to use my Pre instead of my outdated old GPS. Thanks!
    +1 on the data thing. I didn't realize it used that till today.
    I'm feeling dumb here, I have no idea how to use this app but it looks really cool. does the compass point north or do you have to know where north is already and aim the compass north.
    I am very new to this process and bought app...I also have premium membership in geocaching...Downloaded about 10 caches in geocaching.loc copied into PALM pre..I don't really see the media partition ( am I doing something wrong) buit see wallpaper, ringtone, etc. folder. I just copied ver not in any folder but I see nothing when I go into GO TO app after disconnected to be able to input...a little frustrated....what am I missing...Thanks for help in advance
    Lost in Indy
    Very cool app. Now that I figured out how to use it, it sure beats carrying my bulky Garmin plus my old Treo around to caches. Made it my first paid app.

For those having trouble importing files: The files can go anywhere on your Pre. I just drag them straight to the top level of the disk. Then, in Go To Tool, pull down the menu and select Import. You'll get three buttons at the bottom of your screen, Browse, Import and Save. Click Browse and locate the loc or gpx file. The hit Import. Once it loads, hit Save.

You can then delete the loc or gpx from your Pre via USB mode, but I prefer to leave several different files on board and delete/load them at will via Go To Tool.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast