Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    I realize that your impetus for this app was geocaching but is there anyway to throw out to google maps more than one waypoint at a time? And without making them with directions?

If so, then I think it opens this app to many many more applications.

Or maybe that will be the non-lite version.
    Hmmmm.....I guess all that would require the user to have a google account, not hard, and to convert the gpx files to kmz files.

Truly the non-lite version!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I know this is probably a simple request for all of you, but I am new to the Pre and am having a small issue - How does one get this app )or file Coaster) on your phone? When attempting to download either from my phone browser I receive the error message "cannot find an application which can open this file." I would normally use my GPS but left it at home on a trip and thought this would be a great time to put the Pre to work. Can someone direct me to this simple answer? Thank you for humoring me!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBBurton View Post
    I know this is probably a simple request for all of you, but I am new to the Pre and am having a small issue - How does one get this app )or file Coaster) on your phone? When attempting to download either from my phone browser I receive the error message "cannot find an application which can open this file." I would normally use my GPS but left it at home on a trip and thought this would be a great time to put the Pre to work. Can someone direct me to this simple answer? Thank you for humoring me!
    Hi. Go here -

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1778909

And follow the instructions, carefully.

Regards,

-JerryG
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Awesome! All good, thanks for helping!
    Wonderful app. Would be nice to be able to delete/edit a single waypoint instead of deleting all. Just a thought...
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by billmowen View Post
    Wonderful app. Would be nice to be able to delete/edit a single waypoint instead of deleting all. Just a thought...
    Swipe sideways in list view to delete a single item.
    O love this app!!! I was having an issue with my accuracy being 3500+ feet but found that if I'm moving it works fine.

Feature request: I download a cache list before I go out caching. While adventuring I'd like to be able to update my waypoint list with a disposition of found or not found. Maybe being able to change the color of the waypoint in the list to either yellow (found) or lite blue (not found). That way when I look at my list I can quickly determine what logs I need to complete when I get home. It also gives me a quick visual cue of what caches I'm visited.

I understand you have the 'Log' button, but I dont always have the time to log from the field.

This may be a noob question, but how do I import more than one at a time? I have loaded a few dozen onto my Pre but when I import, it only does one at a time. Default is set to 500. Whats the trick to selecting multiple waypoints at once to import?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Glad to see that this has hit the Palm Apps Catalog! Can't wait to see the full version, and I'll be the first in line to buy it!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Congrats on making it to the BIG LIST!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    i uninstalled the homebrew version of GO To Tool, and then tried installing the version from the app catalog. It downloads, installs, and flashed "Installed" for a fraction of a second, before it goes back to "download." The icon is gone now, and will not come back. What do I need to do, so that I can install the app catalog verison of the program, which will be restored by my palm profile?
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2000 View Post
    i uninstalled the homebrew version of GO To Tool, and then tried installing the version from the app catalog. It downloads, installs, and flashed "Installed" for a fraction of a second, before it goes back to "download." The icon is gone now, and will not come back. What do I need to do, so that I can install the app catalog verison of the program, which will be restored by my palm profile?

I would say do a restart (pull battery or orange-sym-r). If that doesn't work try installing from here again. If that works, uninstall it and re-start the device. Then install fromthe app catalog...

Not sure otherwise...
    OK....

I did restart the phone, and I still couldn't install from the app cat. So, I installed from homebrew, unistalled, restarted, and it still won't install from the app cat.
    I have root access. is there an application folder I can delete on the pre, to make sure its completely un-installed?
    Thanks for this great app but I thought you should know that GoToTool thinks the Eifel Tower is 7859 miles from Allentown, PA? The lat/lon are close enough but the actual distance is about 3500 miles. The other listed waypoints seem to have reasonable distances although I didn't check them with Google Earth as I did the Eifel Tower.

Thanks again for this great app.
    Mark
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by mpelstein View Post
    Thanks for this great app but I thought you should know that GoToTool thinks the Eifel Tower is 7859 miles from Allentown, PA? The lat/lon are close enough but the actual distance is about 3500 miles. The other listed waypoints seem to have reasonable distances although I didn't check them with Google Earth as I did the Eifel Tower.

Thanks again for this great app.
    Mark
    Not a bug, exactly. THE DISTANCE CALCULATIONS ARE ACCURATE. I switched the latitude and longitude for that default waypoint. The reversed coordinates are off the coast of Somalia! Blame late night data entry...
    If some one could explain to me the "Add new waypoint" page. On the Lat and Long areas what are the alterable numbers next to your current location? there is one box in each lat and long that preceede the coord. I dont understand what they do or why they are alterable.

Thanks

AHammer16
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by AHammer16 View Post
    If some one could explain to me the "Add new waypoint" page. On the Lat and Long areas what are the alterable numbers next to your current location? there is one box in each lat and long that preceede the coord. I dont understand what they do or why they are alterable.

Thanks

AHammer16
    That is degree and decimal minute format (DDD MM.mmm). The boxes are for selecting integer degree values. The text fields are for minutes in decimal format. In the Preferences you can you can switch to Degree and deciaml hour format (DD.hhhhh) which has just a text field.
  19. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Mark, first off...thanks so much for a super cool app!!!

is there any reason I should uninstall the hombrew version and download the version from the App Catalog???

and congrats on going to the App Catalog!!!
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by JRH View Post
    Mark, first off...thanks so much for a super cool app!!!

is there any reason I should uninstall the hombrew version and download the version from the App Catalog???

and congrats on going to the App Catalog!!!
    They are identical for now.

I thought I might have read that App Catalog apps survive a restore but I've never tried it!
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast