Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Go To Tool Lite VERSION 0.5.1 *****

Import
    - Can now import gpx files from other sources (tested with bikerag gpx)

Go To page
    - Lock-out heading dial rotation in preferences
    - Turn off display of glass in preferences
    - Nav and Sat buttons now pass waypoint name and description

List View
    - Distance sort more efficient

Go To Tool Lite VERSION 0.5.1 *****
    I can't get any of my gpx files to work. I browse to them and click import, but the Import From File banner at the top just has a continuous circle....as if it's working but never finishes.

My gpx files were made by Mapsource after downloading from a Nuvi.

Any ideas?

Great app, BTW.
  3.    #123  
    Post or send so I can check it out.
    Love the app. I'm going to use it when I'm spraying patches of Sericea Lespedeza in a 120 acre prairie this weekend. It'll be great to make sure I'm not spraying patches redundantly, and will allow me to check up on them later in the fall, and make sure they're not returning next spring.

I have one question/potential feature. Is there any way to group, file, or otherwise categorize waypoints? For example, it would be nice if I could segregate my weed waypoints from other waypoints.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Does this version support 1.1 gpx files from GC.com? I really don't know what the differences are between 1.0 and 1.1, but it seems that 1.1 would be better than 1.0, right? Well...ok...maybe I don't know what I'm talking about...

Anyhow, I've been using the program for about a month now and love it! What functionality will the "Non-Lite" version bring?
  6.    #126  
    Edit Existing Waypoints
    Active Status for Waypoints
    Categories
    More Coordinate Systems (UTM)
    List View Sort and Search Options
    Map multiple waypoints
    Waypoint list dropdown in Go To (tap header...)
    Read waypoints from more sources
    Integration of satellite view and Go To view into a unified view
    Alerts when within XX distance from stored waypoints
    Sounds very cool

One thing I want to be able to do is filter by how recently a cache is found. I'm getting annoyed at spending 20 minute at one site after another only to realize its been 8 months since anyone has found it.

I think GSAK does display this in a column so I may have to get that, but that would get annoying having to add an extra step.

The release notes for the new Web OS update mentioned the ability to click and download files from the browser. I'm wondering if that means I'll be able to send my pocket queries to my Gmail account and open them on the phone.

In the mean time I'm off to play with this new version.
    Mark,

I used GPSBABEL to convert my mapsource gpx file to another gpx file. Essentially, letting it clean up any xml...but it still didn't work.

I downloaded a gpx from bikeraq and that worked, as you said.

Then I took just one waypoint from my Gpsbabel file and it still doesn't work. I can't tell what's wrong,

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <gpx
    version="1.0"
    creator="GPSBabel - http://www.gpsbabel.org"
    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xmlns="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/0"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1 http://www.topografix.com/GPX/1/1/gpx.xsd">
    <time>2009-09-12T02:43:56Z</time>
    <bounds minlat="32.139312" minlon="-88.624304" maxlat="32.218082" maxlon="-88.583716"/>
    <wpt lat="32.188640" lon="-88.587766">
    <name>BARN</name>
    <desc>BARN</desc>
    <sym>Church</sym>
    </wpt>
    </gpx>
    Mark,

I forgot to mention that for me, even using a bikeraq gpx file, I have to set the number of waypoints to less than or equal to the number of waypoints in the file that I want to import...before the import will work.

You have it defaulted to 500... so first I have to click on Import so that it shows me how many waypoints are in the file....then I have to reduce the 500 to a number equal or less than that number....then click Import again. And then it works.

Not sure you meant it to work that way.
    Could you remove the waypoints directory, or add --exclude="tests" to the palm-package command-line before you build the next update? There's 2.5MB of extra files in that directory that appear to be for testing but are probably not needed. More importantly, they're wasting precious space on the device!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I had not tried this out for a while and was so happy to find that it reads gpx files! Excellent! Was wondering if in the full version we will be able to see cache descriptions/hints/logs from geocaching.com gpx files?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do you import files? Specifically, I have a loc file from Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site

Just starting with this app but really like the possibilities with it. Thanks!
  13.    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do you import files? Specifically, I have a loc file from Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site

Just starting with this app but really like the possibilities with it. Thanks!
    Use your computer to transfer to the Pre via USB.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hi,

Would it be possible to add Elevation above sea level to this?
    I'm an architect & it would then become an invaluable tool to me.

thanks
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markpowers View Post
    Use your computer to transfer to the Pre via USB.
    Thank you. I did that it got it to work. I tried emailing the file but that didn't. When saving a email attachment, where does the Pre save the file?
    I played around with that bikeraq gpx file that was making me change the 500 waypoint default to a lower number. Some how your reading of the file was balking at the 49th waypoint. So changing the number of waypoints from 500 to 48 worked for reading the first 48 waypoints. The others up to 86 just won't get thru.

You waypoint parsing is definitely too rigorous. Google earth reads them just fine.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Any possibility of putting in support for Benchmarks? I know GC.com doesn't really have a complete Benchmark support (hell, they're not even counted as finds!) but I have really been enjoying finding them. The entry syncs up with the file I export from GSAK just fine, but the "Detail" button doesn't find it on GC.com, it just comes up with the search screen.
    Did I miss it or is the direction beside the distance in the imported files new? Like SW 2mi

The log button does not appear to work in this build. I'm using the Details to get close and then log from the cache page.

I'm liking having the compass locked. I know where north is, or if I'm not sure I do keep a real compass with me and after that I just hold the phone up while facing north and watch the arrow. Too bad there isn't a digital compass in the Pre. I imagine the successor will be sweet. New hardware on a matured OS but I digress.
  19.    #139  
    Go To Tool Lite VERSION 0.5.2 *****

Import
    - loosened up import even further...

Go To page
    - Fixed Log Button

Go To Tool Lite VERSION 0.5.2 *****
    Excellent update!!

All my gpx files now work great. This is a great addition to the app.

Good job!