Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Very cool app, it has introduced my family to an inexpensive way to spend time together. Today we did two finds and the kids had a blast. They cant wait to find more treasure.

Recommend adding a way to mark waypoints as being found so don't have to remove them from the app's list. Also ocasionally the current data at the bottom is hidden by the buttons.
    I guess I'm confused. I've been looking for something exactly like this, but how do I get to the compass screen from the main?
    nm...got it
    Great work. Something I will use in the backcountry. THANKS AGAIN
    A BAD DAY SKIING AND ROCK CLIMBING IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK
    Two suggestions:

1. the ability to select between multiple skins or color themes?

2. an "about" option in the menu, so I know I'm running the latest version?

Really cool and beautiful app. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Great App! Thoroughly Impressed with compass workings! The only problem I noticed was a memory leak in the App after checking out 3 or 4 geocachings.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I'm not sure which was the culprit (I should have deleted one at a time), but I had a GPS toggle switch issue after downloading "GoTo" and "Find My Car."

The problem was that GPS wouldn't stay on. I did a soft reset, still wouldn't stay on. Then I deleted both "GoTo" and "Find My Car" since they were the only thing I had changed that seemed connected to the GPS settings on my phone, and deleting them worked.

I can now toggle on and Sprint Nav works. When I have more time to play, maybe I'll try reloading each app and checking the GPS Toggle and Sprint Nav after each.
    Can anyone here help me out.
    I am trying to locate these coordinates on the app.
    Map of Latitude: 46.228 Longitude: -90.2144, by MapQuest

When I enter them in, Google maps brings me within 30 miles of the lake, but not where it should be.
    I enter in 46 in the dropdown box, and .228 next to it for latitude.
    For longitude I enter in -90 in the drop down box and .2144 next to it.
    What am I doing wrong here.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by AaronB1979; 08/10/2009 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Mistake
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronB1979 View Post
    Can anyone here help me out.
    I am trying to locate these coordinates on the app.
    Map of Latitude: 46.228 Longitude: -90.2144, by MapQuest

When I enter them in, Google maps brings me within 30 miles of the lake, but not where it should be.
    I enter in 46 in the dropdown box, and .228 next to it for latitude.
    For longitude I enter in -90 in the drop down box and .2144 next to it.
    What am I doing wrong here.

Thanks guys.
    Switch format to D.hhh instead of D M.m. The dropdowns are only for D M.m format. Also, the max zoom I've defaulted is too tight for the resolution that GMaps has for that part of Wisconsin. If you zoom out or switch to map view it's good.
    looks promising.
    Switch format to D.hhh instead of D M.m. The dropdowns are only for D M.m format. Also, the max zoom I've defaulted is too tight for the resolution that GMaps has for that part of Wisconsin. If you zoom out or switch to map view it's good.
    Thank you so much.
    I knew it was probably something simple.
    By the way.............is there any way of implementing all of WI boat launches into your app w/o having to manually enter them.
    Here is a direct link to all of WI boat launches.
    WDNR - DNR Boat Access Sites by County

I posted a similar request for this app here. http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...aunch-app.html

Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I love this app. I have used it to find a few caches. I use GSAK often, and if this program could parse and import .gpx files, it would be nearly perfect for me. Maybe the ability to mark caches as found and leave a few comments too. Thanks and keep up the good work.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Hey, first i want to congratulate you for this app i would also like to see the importing .gpx capability.

Now to my problem, i uninstalled the the app and now i cant install it again. im using file coaster. it finishes the install but there no icon.
    I love this app, but there really needs to be some way (gpx or whatever) to be able to more easily (preferably automatically) import a list of nearby caches all at once. I want to be able to run the app, and say "get nearby caches" and have them end up in the list... Also would be nice to be able to edit items in the list as I recently goofed up while manually typing in one of the entries and had to re-enter it and then figure out which one (with the incorrect location) to delete.
  15.    #75  
    NEW VERSION 0.4.1 *****

*** Import geocaching gpx files!!! ***
    Put files on device's media partition via USB, import in Go To tool, see screenshot. Tested with 500 waypoint files.

*** Log button on Go To page ***
    Opens geocaching.com in browser, focused on log page for the selected cache.

*** New waypoint 'near' opens in same window for easier copy/paste. ***
    WebView control keeps browsing in the same window. Extra information captured from URL provides better geocaching.com integration.

*** New background color and display fixes.

NEW VERSION 0.4.1 *****
    Ok... I must be really missing something here.. When you say to copy/paste... what are you copying?? and how?? I can not get the data form geocaching.com into the app without manually entering the info..
    I know it has to be easier then that..
    Help??
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomehoch View Post
    Ok... I must be really missing something here.. When you say to copy/paste... what are you copying?? and how?? I can not get the data form geocaching.com into the app without manually entering the info..
    I know it has to be easier then that..
    Help??
    You're right- my bad. Must have een a late-night edit. Will edit ASAP!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hi. Love the app, thank you so much. Would it be possible to have the waypoints creation time (and optionally the date) displayed in list view?

Thanks and regards,

-JerryG
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hey Mark,

First I want to say thank you for putting in your time for this app. I am going to use it for the first time today. The one question I have is, I have the new update and I am still trying to figure out how you import the geocaches using the usb? Or importing them directly from the geocache site that comes up when you push the "near" button.
    Again I am kinda new at all this especially with the Pre and if you can give a little more, ah... easier to understand instructions for those of us that aren't that knowledgeable.

Thank you again for all your work.

Mike Willliams
    I'm a bit confused. The last version I installed is listed as 1.0.2 and now the latest version is 0.4.1. I guess that this is a complete redo of the app. I tried downloading/installing the 0.4.1 version via Filecoaster but the version on my Pre remains 1.0.2. If I need to uninstall 1.0.2 prior to installing 0.4.1 will I lose the waypoints I have already saved?

BTW, a great app! I'm not a geocacher so I use it for saving other waypoints such as home, car, etc. For example, some of the roads between Odessa and Austin, TX are two lane in the hill country with only a few widened passing areas. No problem passing in other (legal) areas with my Vette but a little dicier with the Suburban! It's nice to be able to mark those spots and then be able to tell how far it is to the next safe passing area when we're behind some truck doing 45 in a 70 mph area (I only use it, of course, when someone else is driving).

Tony
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast