Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Great app!

How will the edit feature work? How about an 'update waypoint' button on the compass screen?
    Love what you have so far. Any chance for .gpx capabilities?

I do have some suggestions for the "compass" screen to declutter.

-Put the waypoint name in the top bar instead of distance. There is too much wasted space.
    -Have the waypoint name to be clickable to take you to the details about the waypoint (coordinates, description, future geocaching details)
    -then you can remove the top text that overlaps the compass graphic.
    -put distance in lower right instead of heading/count/bearing
    -I like the blinking dot idea. Heading and bearing could be an option on the menu and placed at the top left and right when chosen.
    -this is just plain picky, but I would move the list button to the left side to separate it from nav and sat. Then I would switch goto and stop so that goto is more centered, thus emphasizing the name.

I hope this helps improve an already awesome app. I hope you get your program on the app catalog soon because it has a lot of appeal to non-geocachers. Who wouldn't want a cool app that maps where they've been? It's also a great test of your pre's GPS capabilities. Unless you can improve geocache waypoint downloading, I would focus on making it a universal app. -like put the near button in the menu and have folders to organize waypoints.
    When opening the app, it takes you to the waypoint screen but with no waypoints. I'm guessing because the screen loads before the waypoints are loaded. If so, maybe have a title screen on display until the waypoints load or refresh the page.
    great app. gonna use this often.
    This app is what I have been waiting for. Tried it out today for my first geocache since moving to the Pre and it worked perfectly. Love the integration with google maps!

Possible enhancement suggestions:
    - Import functionality for geocache coordinates.
    - A target/cross hair GPS locater that shows your current position in relation to the cache.
    - Tighter integration with geocaching.com where hint and logs can be viewed from the app.

The app, as is, is fully functional and works very well. The suggestions would be icing on the cake. Love it, keep up the GREAT work!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    nice clean app cant wait to try it out
    Works well, but the graphics could use a little work... well, more so just the colors, really. The green, looks really... unprofessional... compared to other apps, in my opinion.

As for people asking for the compass, I'd bet it's probably sort of possible, but since the Pre doesn't have a built-in compass, it'd be based on your GPS motion, which if you're walking to your car or something, wouldn't be the most reliable thing out there at those speeds.
    The G1 does not have a magnetometer, like the iPhone 3Gs, but has a compass app, called Orienteer, that works very well without needing to move. Not sure how it works but I've seen it so I know it's possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    The G1 does not have a magnetometer, like the iPhone 3Gs
    Uh, yes it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfphysics View Post
    When opening the app, it takes you to the waypoint screen but with no waypoints. I'm guessing because the screen loads before the waypoints are loaded. If so, maybe have a title screen on display until the waypoints load or refresh the page.
    I have the same problem with the Waypoints not showing when the app is opened. I only see them after I press the + or Near buttons, although it says "retrieved waypoints from the DB." Probably just a bug, but can be a bit annoying. Otherwise, excellent app. Was waiting on something like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Uh, yes it does.
    Woops, guess it does. My friend that was showing me his G1 compass app said it didn't and I didn't bother to check. Bummer, I was hoping that there was a way to accomplish this without the hardware but I guess not. That's ok though, I use to use a blackberry Curve for geocaching and it didn't have a magnetometer (this I know for sure ) and the app worked really good. This app is almost there, just needs a little more integration with the geocaching.com web site and it's golden!
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I have the same problem with the Waypoints not showing when the app is opened. I only see them after I press the + or Near buttons, although it says "retrieved waypoints from the DB." Probably just a bug, but can be a bit annoying. Otherwise, excellent app. Was waiting on something like this.
    Right. The developer has this in his initial notes on the main page for this app. Should be fixed in a future release.
    Is there a time line for planned update releases?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    great app.
    Great job, homey!!!!!!!!!

I found some GPS coordinates for hot fishing spots here on the Potomac River...awesome, awesome, awesome. Will be testing tomorrow...
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Awesome app.
    OK, I just found my first geocache with the Palm Pre using this app. I was frisby golfing and wanted to see if there's any close by. One was right there. With treecover I got within 20 feet of the cache. That's better than my non-high-sensitivity GPS. With your awesome app, it's definitely doable. I had to flip back and forth a few times but if you have 4-5 minutes you can set it up. I love the near button. It works great. Good job.

-I was trying to multitask 7 or 8 apps so my Pre was lagging. I would suggest having only 2 apps running, but even then, there is unreasonable lag. I agree with the guy who said there might be a memory leak. Oh, and the geocaching website is not mobile friendly with all of their ads and panels. Is there a mobile page for it?

-When you get a tie-in to geocaching.com, I will definitely be able to geocache on the fly.
    very well done i like it a lot. i feel like google may release something similar in the future for the pre because my google maps on windows bassed phone had the feature. but who knows they never did release it for the palm os.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Is there anyway you can mod this to make an add current location option? I hate the sprint nav app, but google maps doesn't have bookmarks. You have an excellent bookmarking app, integrated with google - add the current location tagging and you're golden! (or am I missing something - my gps always gives me the same coordinates when I add a waypoint)
    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    Is there a time line for planned update releases?

I was wondering that too.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast