Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by soundslikefish View Post
    \

I miss the possibility to record a track.
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/fittrack

Check out FitTrack for this! It does what you want.

Anyone out there able to download Go To Tool Lite 1.1?? I can't get it to update in the app catalog either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zischke View Post
    ... When you go into the view that shows the compass and the direction of the waypoint you have selected, am i right in thinking the compass won't move unless you are walking/moving? I don't have lock on, but sitting at my desk at work and spinning the phone round yields no movement of the compass.
    Thats correct. Since the Pre doesnt have a compass built in, it uses tower/gps to figure out which way you are heading. I've found that the dial can jump around an bit, so if you know which way is north, then locking the dial can be easier to use.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    I'm not Mark, but I do have 1.1.1 Lite. I've not seen any ads in the few times I've used it recently...

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Thanks Jerry!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    Thanks Jerry!
    You're most welcome!

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    Pregirl, this is a known issue on the Pre and can happen on the Google Map program (heard reports that navigation is effected as well). I've found that some locations are just bad and when I leave that general area, things are more accuarte. I use it for GC'ing all the time and its a great and easy tool to use.

Questions for Mark: Does the Lite 1.1.1 version have ads?
    Thanks for the response... I have never thought about ads.
  5.    #205  
    I submitted 1.2.0 today that should be available in Germany after Palm publishes it.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    awesome!!!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    Anyone out there able to download Go To Tool Lite 1.1?? I can't get it to update in the app catalog either.
    I am trying to download Go To Tool Lite from app catalog for the last twenty minutes but it does not seem to work.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I never tried it again after preCashing came out
    Hi!
    I already updated to 1.2.0. It worked great in the previous version. But now the same error occurs:

GPS Erros! webOS Location service returned error <4> to Go To Tool:

I use this app for Geocaching. In the previous version was a "near" button to locate the near caches. How do I get there in this version?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supergarlef View Post
    Hi!
    I already updated to 1.2.0. It worked great in the previous version. But now the same error occurs:

I use this app for Geocaching. In the previous version was a "near" button to locate the near caches. How do I get there in this version?

Thanks!
    Just so you know that you're not alone, I have exactly the same problem!
  11.    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by supergarlef View Post
    Hi!

Thanks!
    The Near button was changed to the '+' icon. Be brave and tap!

I was able to reproduce the GPS error in the Go To scene when I had ONLY Google Services (not GPS) enabled under Location Preferences.

This is consistent with Palm's documentation for the GPS API where error code 4 means "GPS_Permanent_Error (no more GPS fix in this case, but can still get the Cell and Wi-Fi fixes)." This is beyond my control. Make sure you have GPS enabled in Location settings.

Thanks for using Go To Tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by markpowers View Post
    It turns out there are no waypoints in the mapmyride file, only track points. There is a freeware called GPS babel that may be able to convert. I will also look at incorporating tracks into Go To tool. Thanks!
    Any update on this? I would be absolutely pay for this app if it could do load track points... I have tons of files with track points that would be so sweet to load on my pre.
  13.    #213  
    There is a new Demo version available that imports tracks. Check out Go To Tool Demo.
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Hi Mark,

I'm currently working on App for helping Users to solve Mystery and Multi-Caches: Geocaching Toolbox

In this App there is one Scene wher you can calculate Waypoints. For instance when you got some coordinates and then you are beeing told to go 10 Kilometers/Miles at 230

I would like to have the opportunity to send the calculated new Waypoints to other Geocaching/Map Apps like yours. Is this ok for you and if yes how do I have to call GoToTool to do this?

Thanks

Lars
  15.    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Hi Mark,

I'm currently working on App for helping Users to solve Mystery and Multi-Caches: Geocaching Toolbox

In this App there is one Scene wher you can calculate Waypoints. For instance when you got some coordinates and then you are beeing told to go 10 Kilometers/Miles at 230

I would like to have the opportunity to send the calculated new Waypoints to other Geocaching/Map Apps like yours. Is this ok for you and if yes how do I have to call GoToTool to do this?

Thanks

Lars
    There is an FAQ on GoToTool.com:
    Go To Tool* versions 1.3.12 and higher support this feature.
    This is a function I used in my test app to launch Go To Tool to do the import:
    launchGoToTool: function(sendArray){
     this.controller.serviceRequest(
      'palm://com.palm.applicationManager', {
       method:* * * 'launch',
       parameters:* {
        id: 'com.longbeachit.gototooldemo',
        params: {
         action: 'import-waypoints',
         data: sendArray
        }
       }
      }
     );
    }

I added elements to send array as follows:
    sendArray.unshift({
    latitude: latitude,
    longitude: longitude,
    time: time,
    name: name,
    desc: desc
    });

Note that the launch call I've shown here is for demo (com.longbeachit.gototooldemo).
    Ideally your app would detect which version is installed and launch to that version
    (com.longbeachit.gototool is full, com.longbeachit.gototoollite is lite).
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    Cool thanks.

>latitude: latitude,
    >longitude: longitude,
    >time: time,
    >name: name,
    >desc: desc

All all these required or are some optional? What should I provide as time?

Do you know how to check what App is installed? I never saw such a function anywhere.
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    Cool thanks.

>latitude: latitude,
    >longitude: longitude,
    >time: time,
    >name: name,
    >desc: desc

All all these required or are some optional? What should I provide as time?

Do you know how to check what App is installed? I never saw such a function anywhere.
    Such as you might find in a GPX file:
    <wpt lat="33.804733" lon="-118.15915">
    <time>2009-09-10T07:00:00Z</time>
    <name>GC1YGG0</name>
    <desc>Lakewood Oil Slick by jshults and BajaTym (#0552), Traditional Cache (2/1.5)</desc>...

This thread in the Palm developer forum details something close including sample code:
    Forums webOS &bull; View topic - Looking for Apps with Alerts & Notifications

You basically would try to cross-app launch com.longbeachit.gototool. On Failure try to cross-app launch com.longbeachit.gototoollite. On Failure try to cross-app launch com.longbeachit.gototooldemo. On failure give an alert that it's not installed with an option to open the app in the app catalog.

I will try and update my FAQ to provide better sample code tonight.

Cheers!
    Mark
    Last edited by markpowers; 06/23/2010 at 05:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Any chance you can offer a version with a dark font on light background? White text on dark grey is kinda tough on my middle-aged eyes.
    I am using full version. I cannot get the app to show map tiles. Sometimes, but not every time it is open, the tiles count shows increase, never more than 100, but the next time I open the app, there are no tiles saved. How can I go find tiles and put them on my Pre?
    Finally had to bury beloved Pre. But now I have a TouchPad!
  20.    #220  
    Easiest way to fix most problems is re-install. Palm profile knows you bought it so App Catalog let's you re-download for free. Send any important locations to yourself before deleting.

This issue sounds like the database is corrupted.

Thanks,
    Mark
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast