Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 221
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by rseyedoc View Post
    I'm feeling dumb here, I have no idea how to use this app but it looks really cool. does the compass point north or do you have to know where north is already and aim the compass north.
    The compass will spin to point north, but it needs a good GPS fix first and works best while you are moving. If it's not doing so, check your preferences to make sure the dial is not locked (which is a useful feature if you know which way north is and are having trouble getting a good fix, making the compass bounce wildly).
  2. #182  
    Thanks Goldyman!!!...I knew I was just missing a step..Can't wait to try this out with kids they are really excited..
  3. #183  
    Mark, I just purchased Got To Tool and I'm trying to use it to import a .gpx file that I created from the mapmyride.com site. The map is for a bicycle ride loop. I copied the .gpx file to the DCIM folder on the Pre and I browse to it and find it but when I click Import, it just says 'FOUND 0 ITEMS TO IMPORT LIMITED TO 0 ITEMS FOR IMPORT'. I'm sort of new to GPS apps and maybe I misunderstood what Go To Tool is actually for. Thanks!
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeweb66 View Post
    Mark, I just purchased Got To Tool and I'm trying to use it to import a .gpx file that I created from the mapmyride.com site. The map is for a bicycle ride loop. I copied the .gpx file to the DCIM folder on the Pre and I browse to it and find it but when I click Import, it just says 'FOUND 0 ITEMS TO IMPORT LIMITED TO 0 ITEMS FOR IMPORT'. I'm sort of new to GPS apps and maybe I misunderstood what Go To Tool is actually for. Thanks!
    It should do what you want. I have checked gpx files from several sources, not necessarily that one yet. I will try a file from there and see if I find the issue. In the meantime you can look in the file and be sure there are really waypoints in it.
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by markpowers View Post
    It should do what you want. I have checked gpx files from several sources, not necessarily that one yet. I will try a file from there and see if I find the issue. In the meantime you can look in the file and be sure there are really waypoints in it.
    It turns out there are no waypoints in the mapmyride file, only track points. There is a freeware called GPS babel that may be able to convert. I will also look at incorporating tracks into Go To tool. Thanks!
  6. #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by markpowers View Post
    It turns out there are no waypoints in the mapmyride file, only track points. There is a freeware called GPS babel that may be able to convert. I will also look at incorporating tracks into Go To tool. Thanks!
    Thanks Mark! That site also has other exporting options - I'll try some experimenting or look into the GPS babel freeware app. you mentioned. Finally, does Go To use audio cues, like the Sprint Navigator app? Thanks
  7. #187  
    Mark, I wasn't able to save a map from mapmyride.com that uses waypoints. Any luck on adding trackpoint usage to Go To? Also, does Go To have an option to use audio cues? Thanks again.
  8. #188  
    Nice App.

    Is there a way of keeping the screen on while using it

    Peter
  9. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by pyjohnson View Post
    Nice App.

    Is there a way of keeping the screen on while using it
    You can use Nodoze (no, not the caffeine product, the homebrew app...)

    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/nodoze

    HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  10. Taurec's Avatar
    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    #190  
    I got an Update Notification today. Any words what is new?
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    I got an Update Notification today. Any words what is new?
    Go To Tool Version History

    Go To Tool VERSION 1.1.1 *******

    Quick Waypoint
    - Added scene to allow for quick marking, tagging, saving and sending your current location (email only so far). Tap 'Quick' - Tap 'Tag' - Tap 'Save'
    - Default settings show Quick Waypoint at launch and autosave your current location with 'Other' tag.

    Map and List View
    - Added map showing multiple waypoints, current heading and optional track of where you've been.
    - Modified sort and display algorithms to avoid bogging down with tracking on.

    GPS Console
    - Added GPS Console screen for looking at raw GPS data.

    Alerts for Sat and Nav
    - These views now include a miniature Go To Dial to keep you pointed in the right direction.

    Go To View
    - Decreased dial size and move elements to adjust for different display heights (to accomodate banners and dashboards and Pixi).

    GPS Error checking
    - Added GPS error checking to all scenes.

    Help
    - Added support email link.

    Bug Fixes
    - Waypoint entry by DDD MM.mmm now allows latitudes and longitudes between 0.000 and -1.000 to be saved.
  12. #192  
    Okay, I'm new to Geocaching and was excited about this app as it meant that I could do it on my own w/out waiting for hubby to be around with his phone & app (HTC Mogul). Sadly I am soooo confused. When I bring up 'near' Geocaches, what exactly do I copy where to make a new waypoint? I've tried copying the lat & long & GC number and it seems to make the waypoint. But then when I hit 'Nav' & google maps launches everything is wrong. My location isn't where I am (it's approx 10 Miles off) and the Geocache location was in the right town, but about 3 miles away from it's actual location. Please help!
  13. Taurec's Avatar
    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by markpowers View Post
    Go To Tool Version History

    Go To Tool VERSION 1.1.1 *******
    Thanks Mark,

    my Go To Tool still says its Version 0.5.2 :-(

    I guess I have to use the payed Version. Since I can not buy payed Apps within Germany I would like to ask if it is possible to pay/donnate to you over Paypal or something similar and you send me the ipk after that.

    CU

    Lars
  14. #194  
    Hi,

    great tool!!

    I miss the possibility to record a track. It would be great if your programm automatically records the actuell GPS-Position in a intervall (f.e. every 3 sec.).
    I'm still looking for that solution to record my walks or bike-tracks, and watch the track back home on google maps.
    Non of the GPS-Apps can do this till now. Is it really that difficult?
  15. #195  
    Pregirl, this is a known issue on the Pre and can happen on the Google Map program (heard reports that navigation is effected as well). I've found that some locations are just bad and when I leave that general area, things are more accuarte. I use it for GC'ing all the time and its a great and easy tool to use.

    Questions for Mark: Does the Lite 1.1.1 version have ads?
    Last edited by ocard; 11/25/2009 at 04:45 PM.
  16. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    Pregirl, this is a known issue on the Pre and can happen on the Google Map program (heard reports that navigation is effected as well). I've found that some locations are just bad and when I leave that general area, things are more accuarte. I use it for GC'ing all the time and its a great and easy tool to use.

    Questions for Mark: Does the Lite 1.1.1 version have ads?
    I'm not Mark, but I do have 1.1.1 Lite. I've not seen any ads in the few times I've used it recently...

    Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  17. #197  
    Downloaded this today (The Lite version as im in UK), not had much chance to play with it, but certainly seems like a lot of fun!

    When you go into the view that shows the compass and the direction of the waypoint you have selected, am i right in thinking the compass won't move unless you are walking/moving? I don't have lock on, but sitting at my desk at work and spinning the phone round yields no movement of the compass.

    Looking forward to getting to grips with it!

    Hopefully we will get paid apps over here soon.
  18. Taurec's Avatar
    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    #198  
    I had to reset my Pre today. Now I can't find any Version in the Official App Catalogue or in Preware. Damn how do I get it now? :-(
  19. #199  
    Same problem for me.

    @markpowers: if you send me the language file, I'd translate it to german, so german users could get it too.
  20. Taurec's Avatar
    Posts
    443 Posts
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    #200  
    I don't need/want a translated version. English is much better in that case.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions