Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    This is a simple drag and drop .ipk installer for Mac.

Requirements:
    • Developer Mode Enabled (w/ the konami code)
    • Download and install the Mac SDK

Usage:
    1. Plug in your Pre via USB
    2. Drag the application's ipk file onto the sideload icon

If the install was a success, you will get a message telling you as much. If you see any errors or it doesn't work, let me know.

I recommend putting this app up in your finder window top tool bar (as in the screenshot).

Notes:
    This app uses the palm-install method, so it's not doing anything funky but instead going through Palm's official method. There is no GUI other than an error message box that you'll hopefully never see and the success message.

To-do:

Update (Jul 29):
    Added a PPC version. Needs testing.

Update (Jul 30):
    Program now asks you if you would like to delete the installer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sam1am; 07/30/2009 at 02:15 PM.
    Nice. Thanks.
    awesome!
    I'm concerned with this. No documentation.... No real walk through.. I'll let others be so bold as to try it before me..
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raberry View Post
    I'm concerned with this. No documentation.... No real walk through.. I'll let others be so bold as to try it before me..
    What else would you like to know?
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Mods: Can this be moved to the homebrew forum? There are apps in there now for Windows that do this, but I think this is the first tool for mac.

Edit: I see the WebOS quick install is multi-platform, thanks for letting me know.
    Last edited by sam1am; 07/29/2009 at 01:57 PM.
    moved
    Quote Originally Posted by raberry View Post
    not trying to be a **** but "sam" is nice enough to make a app that allows you to easily install homebrew apps on your pre via a mac. he gave easy walk through. drag and drop if it was successful it will say so. once your done delete. thats it what more does one need. good job "sam" i dont have a mac (more of a windows user) none the less im sure this will help alot of people

using my acer aspire tethered to my palm pre
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    To-do:
    [*]Move the .ipk to the trash after it is installed.
    Please include this as an either/or option. I keep all of my install files.
    Last edited by Colonel Kernel; 07/28/2009 at 03:20 PM.
    This thread should also be a sticky along with the other installers.
    sweet thx
    I am getting an error "connection refused" when I attempt to drag and drop on the sideload icon. please advise.
    Will this work on power pc macs or only intel? I still have an iMacc G5 and have no luck so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasperheim View Post
    I am getting an error "connection refused" when I attempt to drag and drop on the sideload icon. please advise.
    Developer Mode is enabled?
    There are apps in there now for Windows that do this, but I think this is the first tool for mac.
    Not to correct you, but my WebOS Quick Install app works on Windows, Mac, and Linux

That said, very nice release
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kasperheim View Post
    Have you entered the Konami code and enabled developer mode? What happens when you try to install an .ipk from terminal using "palm-install"?
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattoogabby View Post
    Will this work on power pc macs or only intel? I still have an iMacc G5 and have no luck so far.
    Uploaded a new version. Give it a try and let me know if it works. I don't have a PPC mac to test.
    Thanks for creating this application. I have it in my Dock and just drop the .ipk's on it, simple and elegant GUI, very Mac-like. Great job!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Yes sir. Developer mode is enabled. I haven't tried from terminal yet. Doing that in just a bit.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Mods: Can this be moved to the homebrew forum? There are apps in there now for Windows that do this, but I think this is the first tool for mac.
    Actually there is a cross platform application already out called WebOS Quick Install created in Java that works on Macs as well.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast