Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When attempting to load via Terminal I get an error "Connection refused"
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kasperheim View Post
    When attempting to load via Terminal I get an error "Connection refused"
    Can you run novaterm or do you get "connection refused" or "no device found"?

It sounds to me that there is something wrong with developer mode. Maybe turn it off, reboot, then turn it back on and reboot again.
    In terminal mode i get same error "connection refused"..... Please help. Honestly I'm not stupid! Why can't I make this work?
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    In terminal mode i get same error "connection refused"..... Please help. Honestly I'm not stupid! Why can't I make this work?
    I actually just got this too. When you plug in USB do you make one of the selections? When I hit "just charge" it didn't work, then I unplugged and plugged back in and didn't hit anything and it worked.
    [QUOTE=sam1am;1789672]Can you run novaterm or do you get "connection refused" or "no device found"?

What's "novaterm"? and how do i run it?
    Got it!!!! You're fantastic!!
    How do you add this App to Finder like in the screenshot?
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Thank you! I have yet to try it, but it seems alot easier and cleaner.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    What else would you like to know?
    I meant no disrespect. Just some installers are more in depth.. You know how to videos ect. I'm sure its a great app. Wish I could use it on my 10.4 mac but no sdk available for me..
    I got this error forever and about a week ago I discoverd you have to have terminal running "novacmd" then when you're done you exit it. At least that's what I've been doing. Is there a way to do it without having to go to /opt/nova/bin/novacmd and run it every time I want to connect my pre?
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=kasperheim;1789722]
    Can you run novaterm or do you get "connection refused" or "no device found"?

What's "novaterm"? and how do i run it?
    To install programs (via terminal) I have to do a spotlight search for novaterm, and open the novacmd terminal window... then I can open the Homebrew terminal window and install... I hope this helps

EDIT: I just refreshed and saw the above post... That's exactly what I have to do every time. I do wonder if there is an easier way, but I don't really mind.
    Thanks for making this, it works great!
    When I run this I get:

palm-install: /Users/[me]/Pre does not exist

Update: I guess it didn't like my directory named "Pre Apps" Changed to "Pre_Apps" and now I get the connection refused message.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by needo View Post
    How do you add this App to Finder like in the screenshot?
    Just drag it up there and hover for a second. Same as adding things to the dock.

Quote Originally Posted by jp89hornet View Post
    I got this error forever and about a week ago I discoverd you have to have terminal running "novacmd" then when you're done you exit it. At least that's what I've been doing. Is there a way to do it without having to go to /opt/nova/bin/novacmd and run it every time I want to connect my pre?
    Hmm... I don't have to do that. However, if I have any of the three USB modes selected, palm-install won't work. I have to just plug in the USB cable and I'm good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by clindner View Post
    When I run this I get:

palm-install: /Users/[me]/Pre does not exist

Update: I guess it didn't like my directory named "Pre Apps" Changed to "Pre_Apps" and now I get the connection refused message.
    See above.
    This would be handy if it was a full app that identified itself as a handler for ipk files. I already wrote an automator script as a finder plugin so I just use the menus to find it and it installs my apps, but a drag and drop is handy.

See above.

That worked great. Just don't select "Just Charge" or whatever...
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Great idea, though for some reason it does not accept multiple files. Any ideas?
    Will this work with apps that need the Pre to be rooted. i.e. MyTether?
    was wondering the same thing
    Follow these directions:

Fixing Connection Refused

--bitshifter1001
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12