Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    If anyone is wondering if this works with MacOS X 10.6 (snow leopard) it does. Here is what I did.

Steps:
    Install itunes remote on PRE
    Install rtunes 1.0 rTunes 0.9
    Run Rtunes and itunes

Open network preferences, under status find what the connected IP address. "xx.x.x.x"

Open itunes remote preferences and input http://xx.x.x.x:4444
    Go back to main screen and hit the refresh button.

Enjoy.
    When I try to open the itunesRemote application on the Pre, it says that the beta version has expired. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Same problem, it's now saying "Sorry, this beta version has expired, please check back for a full version"

What gives???
  4.    #144  
    hey guys, since this hasn't hit the app catalog yet, i will be pushing out an update soon that puts some more time on this beta. sorry for the inconvenience
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    He's like a drug dealer. He gets us hooked. We come back for more, he says sorry Walmart hasn't started stocking his synthetic crack yet, but here's a few more rocks to get us by until then. We had him our mothers TV and clock radio that we stole this morning. *SHAME*
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Not happy about the expiration!
    I tried to run this for a party yesterday only to say that the beta version had expired. I understand that these homebrew apps are not "complete" ... but to expire the app on labor day weekend? (when most people are probably going to use it a lot)? damn.
  8.    #148  
    iTunesRemote v0.8.6 has been released to move back the expiration date to 10/1
    set up was a snap (thanks mlevi98) but the only thing that works for me is the volume control. none of the buttons work, no image, or play list...odd. any suggestions? I'm a mac user.
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    set up was a snap (thanks mlevi98) but the only thing that works for me is the volume control. none of the buttons work, no image, or play list...odd. any suggestions? I'm a mac user.
    I'm a Windows user but I am having the same issue as max.swell. I also had this issue before the original beta version expired. I was in the process of troubleshooting when it did expire. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    It looks like the beta version is fixed, but I have still been having trouble with it. Even though the IP address was correctly input into the preferences screen including the port, I had to delete the whole address and input again without the http://

So, you plan on making this a pay app? Does it offer any functionality (aside from layout) that using the free web interface doesn't? It would seem that the tougher coding was done by Tim Desjardins and provided for free.
  12.    #152  
    I'm not sure on the future of this app. It might go in the app catalog for free, but I can not support this app as I hav no bandwidth. I would not charge for an app that I did not support
    Hey just wondering if the problem with not being able to see album artwork was fixed. I saw a lot of other people had that problem too. Wasn't sure if I set it all up wrong or something. I guess it's expiring soon and I jussst got it =/ lol
  14.    #154  
    New version released

EDIT 9/27 (v0.8.7):
    - Moved back expiration date to 11/1
    - Resize cover art on notification so controls are not hidden
    Quote Originally Posted by mlevi98 View Post
    If anyone is wondering if this works with MacOS X 10.6 (snow leopard) it does. Here is what I did.

Steps:
    Install itunes remote on PRE
    Install rtunes 1.0 rTunes 0.9
    Run Rtunes and itunes

Open network preferences, under status find what the connected IP address. "xx.x.x.x"

Open itunes remote preferences and input http://xx.x.x.x:4444
    Go back to main screen and hit the refresh button.

Enjoy.
    Thanks. It's nice to finally have this app work.

One problem is that I can't get the album cover to show up. Any advice?
    i have the app on my pre but i cant seem to get rtunes. there is no rTunesServer.exe in any of the zips i downloaded. PLEASE HELP im really excited about this but cant get past step one lol.
    can you browse by artist?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I have speakers hooked up to 3 different airport expresses around the house. Will this let me select which one(s) to play it on?
    Hi
    I am a mac user who try to use itunes remote. I tried everything and can't use this app!!!
    can someone how does it work? pleas help.
    Hello, I would like to suggest some features be added to the itunes remote, namely the rtunes opens in the background on start up then when I launch the itunes remote on my pre it will launch itunes so I donít have to be at my computer to start playing music if am in another room. Also I would like to see what is next on the play list or the ability to scroll through and select a song from the pre interface.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast