Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Im very new to the palm pre and my computer skills arent so great, so please bare with me. Im having a hard time figuring out how to get this iRemote to work. Mainly rTunes. I have iTunes Version 8.2.1.6 would that work with rTunes? I see there are dif. Downloads of rTunes for dif versions of iTunes. I already have iRemote installed to palm pre, and i have WiFi so i would like to use it to control iTunes. Please anybody.
    bump for any help
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Here's an idea - since the phone app and iTunesRemote can both be running concurrently... is there any way to watch for phonecalls beginning (either call being made or being answered) and pause, then play when the call hangs up?

Actually, come to think of it, there definitely is a way to do this, since Pandora does it.

Would be a marvelous feature!
    Kind of updated the icon for this app. Hope you don't mind dolphin.

icon.png
    icon32x32.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by horrorshow13; 08/12/2009 at 08:03 PM.
    -Viva la Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiguy View Post
    Thank you for your help. I found the IP address and put it in and ran rTunesServer and see the "Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 4444 version 0.9.1-i8.0.1.11 Default Index index.chetah..." message. The pre is still blank though. I see the app but it does not recognize the server and update when I put in the ip address from the ipconfig command (which was 192.168.1.1XX just as you said). The iTunesRemote app keeps adding ":4444" to the server address but I guess this is not a problem since everyone else seems to have it working with wifi regardless of whether ports have been opened. I have a WRT54G router running Tomato 1.25 and a pc running Windows XP.

Thanks again for any help you can give. Now it is more a challenge to get this thing up and running than anything else...
    Bump.... So close yet so far... Would appreciate if someone could help me take the last step and get this app to work! Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiguy View Post
    Bump.... So close yet so far... Would appreciate if someone could help me take the last step and get this app to work! Thank you!
    1. Open iTunes.
    2. Start the rTunes server by running or double-clicking rTunesServer.exe
    3. Start iTunes remote on your pre.
    4. Click the iTunesRemote button in the upper left hand corner, Select Preferences
    5. Delete any text that's in there by default and type the IP of the machine running the server.
    6. Slide back to the remote player screen and hit play.

Tip: Anytime your running some sort of server or service on a machine you should assign it a static ip address. If for some reason the ip changes it will throw off all port forwarding and devices looking to connect to specific server/service on a particular ip.

I say this because i see you had to ipconfig to get your ip which leads me to believe that you are letting your router assign the machine an ip via dhcp. Not saying this is causing your issue just something to think about to avoid possible issues in the future.
    Last edited by horrorshow13; 08/12/2009 at 10:29 PM.
    -Viva la Pre!
    my artwork and song/artist info isnt showing up. any help?
    for mine it says, Web Browser: cannot listen
    #
    Windows
    # rTunes_0.9.12-i8.1.0.52.win.binary.zip - iTunes 8.1.? - Windows - self contained executable version (no other software needed)
    # rTunes_0.9.1-i8.0.1.win.binary.zip - iTunes 8.0.1/8.0.2 - Windows - self contained executable version (no other software needed)
    # rTunes-0.9b.win.binary.zip - Windows - self contained executable version (no other software needed)
    # rTunesRemote-0.9.win.binary.zip - Windows - self contained executable version remote control pokes rtunes via http
    # rTunesRemoteWander_0.9.12-i8.1.0.52.win.binary.zip - Windows - self contained executable version remote control directly accesses iTunes
    # rTunesRemoteWander-0.9.win.binary.zip - Windows - self contained executable version remote control directly accesses iTunes

which one do we download?
    More than likely, one of the first two links... Depending on your iTunes version.
    so does the rTunesServer.exe have to be open everytime before using the app?
    I've read how to do it at the very top of the forum, but i cant seem to figure out what to do. I have no idea what a 444 port of the windows firewall is. I need to know what to download, where to download it and how to install the server app and how to find the IP address of my PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    so does the rTunesServer.exe have to be open everytime before using the app?
    well it seems it does have to open everytime... therefore, is there a way to have that rtunesserver.exe run in the background, so it doesn't have to be minimized on the windows task bar?
    are all the mac users still having issues with the rTunes app?
    I am a Mac user, and the app isn't giving me the artwork, or skipping/pausing tracks. However the playlist selector works, but still the other issues are kind of a biggie. Without those working I wouldn't find this useful. I know we can have a fix though, and once those issues are cured I am going to be a lover of this Pre app!
    Quote Originally Posted by wvaj View Post
    if your using your local ip (inside your router) then you don't have to open the port on your router, and make sure your using WIFI on your pre
    After messing around with opening ports on the router and such, I came across your post and slapped myself. DUH! Thanks for the suggestion, and thanks for the app! This is so incredibly useful... I can see myself getting this setup on friends' computers at parties to control it just so I can show off

Thanks again!
    Please Help. I'm close to getting it working, but it's not.

When I run rTunesServer.exe, it says :
    Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 4444 version 0.9.1-i8.0.1.11 Default Index ind
    ex.cheetah ...

Whenever I hit Play on the Pre iTunes Remote, this is the text that comes up in the rTunesServer command window on the PC :

There was an error initializing the iTunes connection, make sure iTunes is running and your personal firewall is configured correctly
    [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Program Files\\rTunes_0.9.1-i8.0.1.11\
    \library.zip\\win32com\\gen_py\\__init__.py'
    ----------------------------------------
    Exception happened during processing of request from ('192.168.1.73', 51926)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "SocketServer.pyc", line 222, in handle_request
    File "SocketServer.pyc", line 241, in process_request
    File "SocketServer.pyc", line 254, in finish_request
    File "SocketServer.pyc", line 521, in __init__
    File "BaseHTTPServer.pyc", line 316, in handle
    File "BaseHTTPServer.pyc", line 310, in handle_one_request
    File "rTunesServer.py", line 124, in do_GET
    File "rTunesServer.py", line 455, in GetCurrentPlaylist
    AttributeError: Windows instance has no attribute 'iTunes'

My iTunes is running before I launch rTunesServer.exe, and I have the latest version: 8.2.1.6. It is causing something to happen remotely on the server, so I don't think my problem is Firewall or Router or WLAN related (do you think so?).

Please Help. Someone who has it working - what does your do?
    I just didn't have the latest rTunesServer... Go Here: rTunes 0.9
    Could someone please tell me why when i load rtunes on my mac the icon comes up flashing along the bottom, but it will not load. when i right clic on it the only choice is "force quit"?
    ok honestly everyone here is a genius if everyone remotely understands what all of that means. im a nooooooobbb. i dont know what that means, i have no clue how to connect my palm pre to itunes. Can someone direct me or help me understand what i need to do in a step by step format...nothing like "open port 4444 on your pc's firewall" because i honestly dont know wat that mean unless u describe what to do...sorry i wrote my life story. Thanx in advance.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast