Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carysb7478 View Post
    can someone please clearly explain which address to put into the app on the pre?

I've opened up the ports on my PC and router, but am confused as to which address to use. Router address? Computer IP address? I think this would help lots of us who don't have much experience with networking such as myself

when I have rTunes server running I am getting the "Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 4444" message like others are, Im really lost as to how to get this working. Any help is much appreciated as this would be sweet with my HTPC
    If the port is opened, try this: Input whatever address that's running itunes, then add the 4444 suffix. Ex: My computer was 192.168.1.3. I made the host http://192.168.1.3:4444. And it worked.

Give it a shot and see
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkolodz1 View Post
    I can see it know. The pre in a zip-loc bag. People singing in the shower and changing tracks. Next someone can make a waterproof case for use in the pool.
    We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com

Just ask them to make one for the Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInvsbleMan View Post
    Any word on rTunes working for Mac yet?
    I would like to know the same thing. Downloaded the program tonight and still the same issue of the prgm just going to a non responding mode which makes me force quite.
    Looks great - can't wait to try it. Thank you!
    any plans to possibly port this out for mac? if so i would like to help
    Hey yall does this work with iTunes 8.1.2?
    Sorry...v8.2.1.6
    Sorry for the newbie question but...

I have set up the app in my pre. I want to use Wifi rather than opening up the 4444 port on my router and firewall. I have typed in 192.168.1.1 (default router address) in the pre but it doesn't work. How do I get the proper iTunes Server URL to type in to the pre?

Thank you in advance for your help and patience.
  9.    #109  
    Just released v0.8.5 of iTunesRemote. Check the changelog Original Post for details on the nifty new features! BTW, the IPK was moved to the homebrew gallery and link is in OP for convenience.
    im not sure how to open a port on my router...can anybody tell me how to do that? thanks
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthroat View Post
    Yeah I Need this for my MAC, I tried rTunes and it would never launch im running 10.5.7
    Agreed, I'm having the same problem. For some reason, the OS X version of rTunes won't open properly. Is there an alternative to get this app working on Macs?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I'm using iTunes 8.2 and MacOS 10.5.7. rTunes I don't think supports all the mac calls properly, and that would account for its "non-responsiveness". Its just a python script, after all.

In any case, rTunes seemed to be happier if you have iTunes started *before* you start rTunes. Otherwise, just try connecting to it - I used my music mac's local address (192.168.1.xxxx) in iTunesRemote and over wifi its working great, no firewall config necessary since both the pre and the mac are inside the router.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    @d0lph1nK1ng - just as an fyi, the app doesn't seem to handle resizing on alerts - I've got a todo alert icon, and rather than resizing, the volume control's almost 100% covered up. (I can see just the top of the curve on the control.)

Otherwise, thanks for the app - very cool! Now if the rTunes stuff would just get cleaned up a bit...
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiguy View Post

I have set up the app in my pre. I want to use Wifi rather than opening up the 4444 port on my router and firewall. I have typed in 192.168.1.1 (default router address) in the pre but it doesn't work. How do I get the proper iTunes Server URL to type in to the pre?

Bump... Thanks...
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiguy View Post

Wifi is definitely the way to go. You don't want to connect to your router address, you want to connect to the machine that's running the rTunes and iTunes programs (since that's the server). On a mac, open system prefs, network, and you should be able to find your ip address there. On a PC, Start menu, run, type cmd and hit return. In that window, type ipconfig, and you'll see at least one listing with an IP Address - use that. Either way, you're looking for 192.168.1.xxx where xxx is a number from 2 to 255. Goog luck!
    which of the windows files did you guys download? I'm getting serving http on 0.0.0.0 etc and its not working. im trying to do this over wifi...
    gonna give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcurtin View Post
    Wifi is definitely the way to go. You don't want to connect to your router address, you want to connect to the machine that's running the rTunes and iTunes programs (since that's the server). On a mac, open system prefs, network, and you should be able to find your ip address there. On a PC, Start menu, run, type cmd and hit return. In that window, type ipconfig, and you'll see at least one listing with an IP Address - use that. Either way, you're looking for 192.168.1.xxx where xxx is a number from 2 to 255. Goog luck!
    Thank you for your help. I found the IP address and put it in and ran rTunesServer and see the "Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 4444 version 0.9.1-i8.0.1.11 Default Index index.chetah..." message. The pre is still blank though. I see the app but it does not recognize the server and update when I put in the ip address from the ipconfig command (which was 192.168.1.1XX just as you said). The iTunesRemote app keeps adding ":4444" to the server address but I guess this is not a problem since everyone else seems to have it working with wifi regardless of whether ports have been opened. I have a WRT54G router running Tomato 1.25 and a pc running Windows XP.

Thanks again for any help you can give. Now it is more a challenge to get this thing up and running than anything else...
    damn i dont know how to use this i put my config and nuthin wtf
    am looking for an application that will let me stream movies from iTunes to Pre over wi-fi

Thanks