Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Songbird support would be fantastic. Totally cross platform and open source. Definitely my choice over iTunes.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    +1 for vlc. It plays everything and with my computer hooked to my TV it'd be great to be able to control movies and audio from the phone with wifi. And while your at it WMC

Wish I could help but beyond some basic JavaScript the best I could offer is so so Photoshop skills for shiny buttons... maybe :P

If you get it to work with winamp or vlc or wmp or wmc then I'll definitely donate.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    no mac love?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dre3k2 View Post
    no mac love?
    I know this isn't the place for it but this whole "mac -v- pc" thing drives me nuts. A mac is a personal computer... PC. When the OP says to install the server to your "PC" he doesn't specify windows. In fact, seeing as there is an osX version (which you'd know if you clicked the link, or read the whole 10 other posts before your own) it would probably work on Linux, if iTunes worked on Linux that is.
    Is it just songs? Will it also stream videos?
    Quote Originally Posted by PantsOnFire View Post
    Songbird support would be fantastic. Totally cross platform and open source. Definitely my choice over iTunes.
    You should probably contact the developer of rTunes and not d0lph1nK1ng. He's merely offering an interface to interact with this rTunes server software, not actually iTunes. The rTunes app is open source, if you check the link you see the developer offers a link to his source code.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Anyone try running the server on Windows 7 yet?
    I have the same app currently just waiting for the push notification to work to post it.
  9. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    when i run it i get Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0
    =/
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one who's noticed this, but it seems like some users are under the impression that this will stream iTunes music to their Pre. Doesn't this make the Pre able to control iTunes remotely, and NOT stream media to the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    Very cool. I should look at the server source to see if it might be adapted for some of the standard Windows media center commands-- it would be nice to be able to run WinAmp and Windows Media Player from my phone.
    I am working on this with a generalized media remote right now, Using a C# pc application, I am waiting to post as I wait for the push notification part to work so the app doesnt need to poll the pc all the time.

-- This is for a different application then this itunes remote if interested in beta testing let me know
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by wkalam2 View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one who's noticed this, but it seems like some users are under the impression that this will stream iTunes music to their Pre. Doesn't this make the Pre able to control iTunes remotely, and NOT stream media to the Pre?
    Remote control, not streamer. Updated OP to avoid confusion.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    man, an iTunes streamer like Simplify Media does would be soooo cool.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    =/
    I get the same issue. I'm running Vista 64bit if that makes a difference. I unblocked the ports in Windows Firewall and on my Router. Any ideas? I there isn't much in terms of install info/troubleshooting on that site.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    sweet
  16. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawt View Post
    I get the same issue. I'm running Vista 64bit if that makes a difference. I unblocked the ports in Windows Firewall and on my Router. Any ideas? I there isn't much in terms of install info/troubleshooting on that site.
    right..i did the same thing! tho im running vista 32
    theres no info on google or on the site sadly
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
  17. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    even with my firewall off its still not working
    Does this work for anyone using OS X with iTunes 8.2.1? rTunes goes into a non-responsive state and I have to force quit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by d94 View Post
    =/
    I am getting the same thing when I run the server...anyone know what the problem is?
    app works great and is really easy to install. The only thing i would like to see is possibility of changing the volume from the pre.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast