Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjharada View Post
    Will your new interface include the option to pick up an mp3 from Ringtones? I have the WSOP ESPN riff that I'd like to use and it's in my ringtones, but doesn't currently come up in the list when 'SELECT'ing a custom ringtone.
    I will take a look but as far as I can tell from the SDK, I have no way to enumerate files on the device. The file picker that is currently displayed to choose custom audio alerts is a canned SDK widget. It has no option that I can see to include ringtones. In the mean time you can just copy your WSOP ESPN mp3 to the media volume (select USB Drive when you connect the device to your PC) and it should now become available in the file picker.

I'm in the process of adding a bet countdown progress bar and then I will move onto bigger changes such as saving multiple tournament structures and keeping track of chips and payouts.

RANT ALERT
    Honestly though, this has taken me 10 times longer to write this on the Pre than it did for WM5. Both times this program was my first app on each respective platform. I love the Pre but Palm has to open the SDK up a little more FAST, fix the SDK samples so that they actually work (most have SEVERAL bugs) and GREATLY improve the SDK documentation and include examples.

Everything just takes so long to figure out because of the lack of good documentation, examples and sample programs that actually demonstrate the concepts they intend to.

I feel better now... Thanks for the feedback.
  2.    #22  
    New version posted:

0.04.0 - 08/05/2009
    --------------------
    1. Added a bet timer. This is used when a player calls "clock" on another player. The bet timer can be configured in the General Settings screen and activated from the Tournament screen.

The Bet Timer button will start a countdown in the Tournament screen. When the count down reaches 10 seconds, a beep will be played for each seconds until the timer expires, after which a buzzer alert will play and the Bet Timer will reset. To cancel the count down timer, simply tap the Bet Timer button again. Valid values are between 30-90 seconds.
    Hi. Thanks so much for your work on this! Bug report: I am not able to edit the blind levels in version 0.04.0. I change the values and press "OK", but the values are not changed - they still show the original values when it returns to the Edit Blinds screen.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ac2b View Post
    Hi. Thanks so much for your work on this! Bug report: I am not able to edit the blind levels in version 0.04.0. I change the values and press "OK", but the values are not changed - they still show the original values when it returns to the Edit Blinds screen.
    Thanks for the feedback. I just tired in on version 0.04.0 and I can't repeat what your are describing. Here is what I am doing:

1. Launch the app and click the Edit Blinds button to bring up the Blinds screen.

2. Tap the 2nd row (50/100/0) to bring up the Edit Blinds dialog. The values are now 50 for the SB, 100 for the BB and "optional" for the ante.

3. I change the SB to 55, the BB to 105 and the Ante to 5 and click OK.

4. The Blinds screen now shows these new values for level 2.

Does this work on your device? If not can you try deleting the app from the Launcher and re-installing it?

Let me know.

Jim
    Last edited by meatster; 08/06/2009 at 10:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by meatster View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I just tired in on version 0.04.0 and I can't repeat what your are describing. Here is what I am doing:

1. Launch the app and click the Edit Blinds button to bring up the Blinds screen.

2. Tap the 2nd row (50/100/0) to bring up the Edit Blinds dialog. The values are now 50 for the SB, 100 for the BB and "optional" for the ante.

3. I change the SB to 55, the BB to 105 and the Ante to 5 and click OK.

4. The Blinds screen now shows these new values for level 2.

Does this work on your device? If not can you try deleting the app from the Launcher and re-installing it?

Let me know.

Jim

Jim, I am unable to edit the first row of blinds also. I can edit every blind following the top row, but the top row of 25/50 just won't save. This has happened on every release.

Also, as a feature request: Can we have like an optional break button, like the bet timer? My friends take smoke breaks, but not everytime the blinds go up, it would be nice to have the option... Maybe when a blind goes up, pause 10 seconds for the option for a break? Or make that an option in Breaks? Food for thought...

Unbeleivably great & useful app! I will be buying the full version.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ac2b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane350 View Post
    Jim, I am unable to edit the first row of blinds also. I can edit every blind following the top row, but the top row of 25/50 just won't save. This has happened on every release.
    New version out. Sorry for the confusion. I guess I never tried to edit the first row...
    0.05.0 - 08/07/2009
    --------------------
    1. Fixed a bug where the values of the first row of the Blinds list were not begin updated during an edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane350 View Post
    Also, as a feature request: Can we have like an optional break button, like the bet timer? My friends take smoke breaks, but not everytime the blinds go up, it would be nice to have the option...

Maybe when a blind goes up, pause 10 seconds for the option for a break? Or make that an option in Breaks? Food for thought...
    If the adhoc breaks you are describing (for a smoke) are not regular, i.e. after EACH level ends, can't the same effect be achieved by just clicking the Pause Timer button on the Tournament screen? The Pause Timer, Reset Level and Donk Alert buttons are available in the Tournament screen by clicking the Tournament header.

If this is not what you mean then can you please elaborate?

Jim
    If the adhoc breaks you are describing (for a smoke) are not regular, i.e. after EACH level ends, can't the same effect be achieved by just clicking the Pause Timer button on the Tournament screen? The Pause Timer, Reset Level and Donk Alert buttons are available in the Tournament screen by clicking the Tournament header.

If this is not what you mean then can you please elaborate?

Jim
    I know we could just pause the timer, but then why have breaks? I understand it might be difficult to accomplish (having a Break?/No Break? button in between rds) but it was only a suggestion...

I'm just so happy we have a Poker timer, and a great one at that!
    Where is the ipk? Trying to dl it but can't find it on pre?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Where is the ipk? Trying to dl it but can't find it on pre?
    It's not on the Pre. You have to first download it to your PC and install it from there. Please see this article for a step-by-step guide: http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps.

J
    Is it just me or does it not want add levels when you try to edit the blinds?? I tap "ok" and it just sits there.... Wassupwitdat?!?
    No??? Anybody??? Is it just my phone?? I didn't have a problem with v4.0... Jim!!! Help!!!
    what's wrong with 'shelling out'?

paplay --device=pmedia /usr/palm/sounds/notification.wav
    maybe you should include a wav that says, "shuffle up and deal!" when you start the tourney.
    Ok... Can anyone else at least confirm this problem?? JIM!!!!! Help!!!
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjonez View Post
    what's wrong with 'shelling out'?
    paplay --device=pmedia /usr/palm/sounds/notification.wav
    Already passed this issue in 0.03.0.

Quote Originally Posted by jjonez View Post
    maybe you should include a wav that says, "shuffle up and deal!" when you start the tourney.
    That's been in there also when the tournament starts. I can't include it on the storage volume or at least I haven't found a way to so it doesn't appear in the list of media files when selecting a custom alert. If you copy an mp3 file to the media volume you should be able to see it when selecting a custom alert for breaks and levels. If you need a copy of my mp3 file, PM me. I may have one I can share:-)

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    Is it just me or does it not want add levels when you try to edit the blinds?? I tap "ok" and it just sits there.... Wassupwitdat?!?
    No??? Anybody??? Is it just my phone?? I didn't have a problem with v4.0... Jim!!! Help!!!
    Ok... Can anyone else at least confirm this problem?? JIM!!!!! Help!!!
    Sorry for the delay. I am away in Europe until the end of the month. New version (0.06.0) fixes this problem. I did a quick run of all the features and haven't found anything else wrong with the version in the homebrew store. If anyone finds anything else, please let me know. My focus right now is to add the ability to same multiple tournaments, i.e. blind structures and settings.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jim
    Thank you jesus!!
    The only thing I have found is that when you click on the about it still says 0.04.0 as the version number.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Finally was able to use this in a full tourney last night during MNF, and it worked great with no "bugs" to report.

However, I noticed that you have to have the phone awake during a blind/round change in order for the notification to play. We went past a blind change by 2 minutes because of this. The timer kept going, so it did not affect the application at all.

Is there anything that can be done about this, or are we stuck with having to consistantly tap the phone to keep it awake during the tourney?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I added a reset level button in Tournament screen inside the drawer that opens and closes. It resets the timer for the current level or break without advancing the level.

If more people request having the timer pause automatically, I could add a preferences screen and make this an option but I think that most people will just prefer to have the tournament run on schedule, except for an occasional pause to exchange out lower denomination chips.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Here's another vote for having the timer pause automatically. The timer needs to stop so that the current hand in progress can be finished before the timer starts on the next round. It would be great to see the ability to have a warning sound play when there are so many minutes left in the current round as well.
    Download instructions talk about cutting and apsting URL to an open app . How do you do that ?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast