Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
  1.    #161  
    yeah somethings not right with the credentials, i'll keep playing with stuff. i appreciate the feedback
    how can I test to be sure the app is not using cell minutes to get out to google voice and using data?
    Quote Originally Posted by compnetbobby View Post
    how can I test to be sure the app is not using cell minutes to get out to google voice and using data?
    It does use cell minutes. If you have pick3 or pick5 on your acct, then your GV number be one of the free numbers and so the cell minutes don't count towards your 450/month minutes or whatever your plan has.
    but you need to have pick3?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    but you need to have pick3?
    Yes. When you use this app, it places a phone call to your GV number. So its a normal phone call and uses minutes unless you have Pick3/5 and have your GV listed as a Pick3/5 number.

I need to find a way to get a pick3 added.
    likewise
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-9 View Post
    Yes. When you use this app, it places a phone call to your GV number. So its a normal phone call and uses minutes unless you have Pick3/5 and have your GV listed as a Pick3/5 number.

You can't pay for it, only retention can add it. On the 29th day of my service with Sprint, I called them to cancel because of lousy cell coverage and the fact that it cost minutes to call my family members who were still on my AT&T family plan. They gave me an airave for the coverage problem, and pick5 to deal with the family plan issue.
    The issue is that I am in contract, and have no coverage, and have family with verizon, wish there was something I could do.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I love this app.....
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts

Sorry for asking but what is Pick3/5 number.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    Sorry for asking but what is Pick3/5 number.
    Same as "friends and family" on other networks.

Sprint Retention department will add Pick 3 or Pick 5 to your account (depending on your level of pissed-ness) to keep you as a customer.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    OK i did some test on the app regarding sms, here it is:
    1. sms did work, i sent it to my self and two different #s and they both worked
    2. now sms worked, but only when i picked a number associated with a contact which usually has the (xxx)xxx-xxxx Parenthesis
    3. now sms DID NOT work when i typed the same #s without the Parenthesis on them xxx-xxx-xxxx

likewise
    I got Pick 3 added for free to my service yesterday with no problems.
    Called Telesales at (800)777-4681 (because the regular CS reps don't know about it). Told them I recently switched plans and was told that I can get Pick 3 for free on my account, and to call this number when I had the phone numbers I wanted to be in my Pick 3. The nice lady said okay, I can do that for you. Put me on hold for maybe a minute, then came back and got the numbers from me I wanted to be in my Pick 3 list (one of which was my GV number of course). End of call basically, besides the usual "anything else I can help you with today."
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/30/2009 at 08:23 PM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    OK i did some test on the app regarding sms, here it is:
    1. sms did work, i sent it to my self and two different #s and they both worked
    2. now sms worked, but only when i picked a number associated with a contact which usually has the (xxx)xxx-xxxx Parenthesis
    3. now sms DID NOT work when i typed the same #s without the Parenthesis on them xxx-xxx-xxxx
    a little info please

1. what version of the app?
    2. were you logged into m.google.com?
    3. do u have gDialPro?
  15.    #175  
    Important Note: For a better chance of SMS working, please log in to m.google.com/voice and select 'Remember Me' option.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    a little info please

1. what version of the app?
    2. were you logged into m.google.com?
    3. do u have gDialPro?
    -I have the 0.1.2 version
    -sms worked with the (xxx) while i was logged in and logged out
    -i dont have gdial pro
    Yay, just got Pick 3 as well and had my google voice number added. I just asked them politely, didn't have to threaten to quit or anything.

Thank you, NachoB for the tip about calling Telesales. They transfered my directly to account services and they hooked me up. They said it requires a one year contract though which I am fine with since I am in a 2 year contract anyway.
    Btw, I press send on SMS(version 0.1.2) but it doesn't do anything. So I can't even test if my sms are going through. Do I need to do something to fix this?
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzchic View Post
    Yay, just got Pick 3 as well and had my google voice number added. I just asked them politely, didn't have to threaten to quit or anything.

Thank you, NachoB for the tip about calling Telesales. They transfered my directly to account services and they hooked me up. They said it requires a one year contract though which I am fine with since I am in a 2 year contract anyway.
    yeap i read your post and did the same thing i have family plan and both number received 3 picks
    With no GV API and google using URL no-sniff mime maybe wireshark or such could help out.

I tried hacking mobile site of GV app using that method and came up thinking if only I could get the hash for user. I cleared logged out of mobile site cleared cache and reloaded and got the same hash code but since firebug failed to help me I called it a day.

I have experience with wireshark and fiddler but am attempting to get a few others apps going so gave up.

If you need any help just ask I can spare a few cycles. Funny how the second I got my GV invite the whole officespace could here my yell yeah, alas, I didn't even play with GV after that day. I have posted recommended changes to google GV forum for UI changes from end-user website way anything you want me to ask for beside an API to help out?
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast