Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    did you get sms working? i've been working a google voice sms messaging myself, and i think i know why you're is not working, but if you already got it working then nevermind.
    This is a good start. I can't wait until a more polished version of this comes along.I donated to help you out. My gmail is p.harris215@gmail.com
    Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    Thank you for making this available. Here are two things that I am experiencing.
    1. Delay needs to be changed from 1 to 2. My reception where I am is bad and the delay of 2 seconds works will on Gdial. I tried 1 second on Gdial and got the same issue on dkGoogleVoice.

2. Defaulting to the first phone number does not work for me. Need to have a choice in the phone numbers the contact has.

I really like the other options you have.
    Great lookin app!!
    Ditto about the choice for phone numbers.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    When will you integrate a button to launch the www.google.com/voice/m site?
    Dolphin, email me and I can help you with your SMS issues...has to do with your authentication/cookies.

-sean
    Sean Kovacs
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Thanks for letting us try this very early beta version.

The app makes me want more, but functionally I could not get it to work. I will patiently wait for another version, just wanted to say thanks for the development on this that you have done so far. Other people have already commented on the issues I saw, so I won't rehash the same thing.
    I know this is a palm pre forum, but can someone direct me to something similar to this for the palm centro please?
    try using www.google.com/voice/m from your pre browser. it works just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubdrum View Post
    Wow, this app just made the front page of Engadget!

Engadget
    Nice to see they talk about this one and the gDial which was first.
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by NetWhiz View Post
    Nice to see they talk about this one and the gDial which was first.
    actually you'll see on my blog (in signature), that i posted my app a day before gDial
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    This app seems great!!! Now to get "invited" into Google Voice.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Only issue now is when you want to stream the voice mail on www.google.com/voice/m, the Pre can not understand the format, gives an error. They are using adobe Flash for the voicemail recordings.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bgc42169 View Post
    Only issue now is when you want to stream the voice mail on www.google.com/voice/m, the Pre can not understand the format, gives an error. They are using adobe Flash for the voicemail recordings.
    The mobile website is not using flash it's a direct link to an MP3 of your voicemail which the Pre *should* be streaming but for whatever reason it does not.
    Palm Pre Wallpapers
    Free backgrounds for your Palm Pre!
    Pick from hundreds of beautiful and artistic pictures to show off your new Pre!

Follow me on Twitter: @joshh347
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I really liked the look of this, for a moment it replaced gdial since it had a dial pad and could kind've take the place of the normal phone app. However, the tones seem to be set for a perfect call, ie dials immediately. I have bad reception at my home so we use a Sprint Airave, which starts every call with two beeps to let you know you're on the home network and not the sprint network, but this throws off the dialing because it wants to start immediately. I know airave users aren't a common thing, but bad reception is. So either way it would always be off a bit and just end me up in the google voice prompt to dial it myself manually. Out of nearly 15 test calls only 1 actually made it through perfectly and that was after adding my own wait tones to the dial. Thanks so much for the work DK but for now I'm going to have to go back to gdial
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    hey sean, glad you made it over here. keep on fighting the good fight. screw apple
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxxx33 View Post
    try using www.google.com/voice/m from your pre browser. it works just fine.

Yes it does...TXT and calls also. I will be looking forward to an app anyway.
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by p4trickh View Post
    I really liked the look of this, for a moment it replaced gdial since it had a dial pad and could kind've take the place of the normal phone app. However, the tones seem to be set for a perfect call, ie dials immediately. I have bad reception at my home so we use a Sprint Airave, which starts every call with two beeps to let you know you're on the home network and not the sprint network, but this throws off the dialing because it wants to start immediately. I know airave users aren't a common thing, but bad reception is. So either way it would always be off a bit and just end me up in the google voice prompt to dial it myself manually. Out of nearly 15 test calls only 1 actually made it through perfectly and that was after adding my own wait tones to the dial. Thanks so much for the work DK but for now I'm going to have to go back to gdial
    i'll get ya back here. see ya for 0.2.0! =]
  18.    #138  
    just so you guys don't think i'm crazy, here is an example of texting working on dkGoogleVoice on my Palm Pre

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    They dolphin sean kovacs is here it would be wounderful if sean and dolphin get together on this app.
    Dolphin looking forward to 0.2.0 great work
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    I saw the video and it does sms you right
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast