Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    No text doest work with here either
  2.    #102  
    alright guys. well the release didn't go as smoothly as i had hoped, sorry. let me work with my group of donation-giving beta testers before v0.2.0 comes out.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    No SMS for me neither... Is the history and voicemail tabs active?
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    alright guys. well the release didn't go as smoothly as i had hoped, sorry. let me work with my group of donation-giving beta testers before v0.2.0 comes out.
    OK, if you could change the background color on the dialer like blue or red would be nice
    Here is a little better icon if you want to use it instead.

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gnove View Post
    Are you considering getting help from other devs to make the project move faster?
    If you are I volunteer. Was going to start coding google voice for the pre but so far your program is pretty much towards what I had in mind.

I need google voice really bad to work properly on my pre.

My help requires no monetary compensation it would be a pleasure to help you.
    This will be great idea, send him a message
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    Unofficial Google Voice client for the Palm Pre. This app lets you choose contacts from your device or dial a number and call or text them using your Google Voice number. This app is currently under development, and it has a lot of bugs. See the screen shots and my blog (in signature) for more information.

License: this application is NOT open source. Do not distribute!

Also, Donations are greatly appreciated and will help to speed up development:
    Donations d0lph1nK1ng Software
    how can I download this app directly to my palm pre. I tried downloading it on my desktop at work and the desktop system did not recognize the file extension .ipk. I tried to download a patch from microsoft and it did not work. Perhaps because I do not have administrator privliage. I then tried to download it directly on my pre and it did not work. Please advise.
    Quote Originally Posted by bill9198 View Post
    how can I download this app directly to my palm pre. I tried downloading it on my desktop at work and the desktop system did not recognize the file extension .ipk. I tried to download a patch from microsoft and it did not work. Perhaps because I do not have administrator privliage. I then tried to download it directly on my pre and it did not work. Please advise.
    You can either use the SDK or the Quick install tool. Instructions are in the Homebrew forum.
    Dial out works after i add a "t" after my number, and a "t" before my pin.
    Wow, this app just made the front page of Engadget!

http://www.engadget.com/
    so umm, how do i get a google voice number? every time i login to my google account to do it, it say im not able to.

any suggestions ?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I was going to mention the engadget update too! Congrats! I'm excited to see this pop-up for the Pre. I've had GV (and GC) for years! Would love to start using it through the Pre.

Not to mention that if this does work (however unofficially) with the Pre, we'd have one yet another thing to brag to our iPhone friends

Lastly, I'm available for development volunteering, if necessary. Let me know. Good project, nonetheless!
    Fantastic job on some serious bleeding edge technologies, dk!

I just downloaded/installed the app and clicking through a lot of the options. SMS is not working for me, either. Clicking Send button does not offer any confirmation at all. Nothing showing up on the gvoice sms logs, either.

What I would really like to see is a Gizmo Project app will offer true VOIP, bypassing your provider's voice gateway entirely. Google Voice already offers a Gizmo number option, so getting something that will dial that number would be awesome. I'm guess the SDK doesn't offer any access to microphone? I haven't seen any Homebrew apps utilizing recording. However, given the rate at which innovation has been going in the past 2 months, it is inevitable someone will get it running.
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by isosunrise View Post
    Dial out works after i add a "t" after my number, and a "t" before my pin.
    that should be done already... but anyhow, many issues will be fixed in future releases
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    The unofficial app on the iPhone still works... They just removed it so if you don't have it already ur SOL
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rukna View Post
    I was going to mention the engadget update too! Congrats! I'm excited to see this pop-up for the Pre. I've had GV (and GC) for years! Would love to start using it through the Pre.

Not to mention that if this does work (however unofficially) with the Pre, we'd have one yet another thing to brag to our iPhone friends

Lastly, I'm available for development volunteering, if necessary. Let me know. Good project, nonetheless!
    this is the link

Unofficial Google Voice client for Palm Pre makes the scene
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thank you for making this available. Here are two things that I am experiencing.
    1. Delay needs to be changed from 1 to 2. My reception where I am is bad and the delay of 2 seconds works will on Gdial. I tried 1 second on Gdial and got the same issue on dkGoogleVoice.

2. Defaulting to the first phone number does not work for me. Need to have a choice in the phone numbers the contact has.

I really like the other options you have.
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubdrum View Post
    Wow, this app just made the front page of Engadget!

Engadget
    w00t!
    Great work! Here is my bug report

- delay after entering pin too short. Could be because GV says I have one new voicemail thus she is speaking longer than if I had no voicemails.

Simple fix: I add tt after my pin under preferences of dkgooglevoice

- history shows two sample numbers. Does not show my GV history. Deleting the sample history will delete but comes back...it doesn't persist.

- sms no go

- vm acts same as history.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    congrats on the Engadget mention. . cant wait to use the text feature once up and running.