Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonq View Post
    Went through all the troubleshooting steps, 0.6.0 does not work for me.

The no-pin is referring to the fact that, when using voicemail mode, when the app kicks you into the native dialer, the pin is not included in the number string. All that is shown is the Google Voice number, pause characters, a 2, pause characters, and the number I want to dial. When I ok it anyways, when the automated system asks for the 4 digit pin, what is being dialed is the number instead. The pin is never dialed. In other words, the "use pin/no pin" toggle does not seem to be working properly.

When using web dial nothing happens; no "web dial success/fail popup confirm" as you indicated in the changelog. Waiting for more than a minute produces no results. I have tried both on WiFi and EVDO (strong reception area). The only indication that anything is happening is that when on EVDO, the badge flashes once, which confirms *some* data is being sent.

Of course, using the mobile website, all calls are connected within 5 seconds.

EDIT: History does not work for me either, which leads me to wonder: for the password field in the settings, does it supports passphrases (as in, passcodes composed of words and 'space' characters)? All Google services do, but in the past I have run into apps (on other platforms) that do not support the 'space' character.
    I'm having the exact same issues as Bluemong -- voicemail dialing does not use the pin. Web dial does not respond at all. Web dial on googlevoice mobile web works as expected.
  2.    #502  
    what else do people want in this application? (please do not take ideas from other applications as unlike other people, i don't ripoff ideas from others)
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    what else do people want in this application? (please do not take ideas from other applications as unlike other people, i don't ripoff ideas from others)
    As soon as your app opens I should be able to press a letter for the contacts to start searching using the normal Palm search. I HATE having to hit the contacts button which is very hard to hit as it is. That entire top line should be contacts.

Same with SMS.

Let us change the background and dial pad screen color even though I like the way it is by default.

Let us eliminate the splash screen if we donated! ii
    ->It is actually not nearly as bad since you changed it. I will harass you anyway ii

Make the app press the phone button on the main dialer automatically. I know this can be done. ii

BTW these are not idea rip-offs, these are ideas on the way the application SHOULD behave. If you won't consider them because another app does, that is just hurting your users.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  4.    #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Make the app press the phone button on the main dialer automatically. I know this can be done. ii
    if u know how, plz let me know and i will add. i haven't spent time to dig deep enough yet
    Quote Originally Posted by giantpez View Post
    I've triple-checked my account information, but whenever I tap on history or vmail, the spinner just spins forever. I can't make calls either (the green dial button doesn't even seem to register the tap.)

It looks like you have logging enabled in the app, but it's not logging anything to /var/log/messages. I wonder why that is... Let me know if I can help by providing any other information.

I will be donating to support your efforts nonetheless, as I assume it will eventually work for me
    What fixed this for me is making a phone call using the app and it then gets rid of the spinning icon.
    if u know how, plz let me know and i will add. i haven't spent time to dig deep enough yet
    All I know is gDial Pro does it. ii
    You will need to ask flpalm.

One more request, a button that just dials your GV number. So we can listen to that main menu to listen tot he recorded voice mail etc....
    Last edited by Paladin; 08/18/2009 at 12:02 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!

7.    #507  
    the voicemail icon on the top left of the voicemail scene should dial ur GV voicemail #
    the voicemail icon on the top left of the voicemail scene should dial ur GV voicemail #
    Oh cool, I never actually clicked that. Now to get it to auto dial and you will be all set. <ducking behind a desk>

ii

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    I dont know if possible but
    -once you start dialing can you have it so it will show contacts as you start dialing, for example is i want to call home i just dial 4663 and have it show all contacts with the letters home in it.
  10.    #510  
    yep. i have a very slick implementation that i will be releasing in v0.7.0 with contact integration, too. stay tuned!
    so this might sound like a stupid question but after 30 min I found nothing at all

how do I install the app?
    Quote Originally Posted by leftkidney View Post
    so this might sound like a stupid question but after 30 min I found nothing at all

how do I install the app?
    http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    yep. i have a very slick implementation that i will be releasing in v0.7.0 with contact integration, too. stay tuned!
    Nice can't wait, soon?
    Not hard - just a change in parameters when you open the phone app - don't use the tel: protocol.

Code:
        this.controller.serviceRequest("palm://com.palm.applicationManager",{
            method:"open",
            parameters:{
                id:"com.palm.app.phone",
                params:{number:numberToCall}
            }
        });
  15.    #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by reuben.olsen View Post
    Not hard - just a change in parameters when you open the phone app - don't use the tel: protocol.

Code:
        this.controller.serviceRequest("palm://com.palm.applicationManager",{
            method:"open",
            parameters:{
                id:"com.palm.app.phone",
                params:{number:numberToCall}
            }
        });
    awesome, thanks! i will implement this in the next update!
    Hey I have a friend who has the lightsaber app on his iphone and he keeps waiving it around all the time I wanna get it too and waive it in his face. Where can I get a link to download it? Anyone?
    Thanks for offering this!
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyfool View Post
    Thanks for offering this!
    It's in homebrewed apps. Do a search for light saber or into the homebrewed section and scroll the apps.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giantpez View Post
    I've triple-checked my account information, but whenever I tap on history or vmail, the spinner just spins forever. I can't make calls either (the green dial button doesn't even seem to register the tap.)

It looks like you have logging enabled in the app, but it's not logging anything to /var/log/messages. I wonder why that is... Let me know if I can help by providing any other information.

I will be donating to support your efforts nonetheless, as I assume it will eventually work for me

I have the same issue as the above. It used to work but all of a sudden I tried it today and it just wont dail or text anyone. Please help.

p.s. Seemed to happen after I updated to 0.6.0
    Last edited by hova; 08/24/2009 at 12:44 PM.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    thanks for posting the links