Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    come on.6.0.
  2.    #482  
    dkGoogleVoice beta v0.6.0 has been released. check the original post for the changelog. also updated the screenshot of the SMS screen
    I've triple-checked my account information, but whenever I tap on history or vmail, the spinner just spins forever. I can't make calls either (the green dial button doesn't even seem to register the tap.)

It looks like you have logging enabled in the app, but it's not logging anything to /var/log/messages. I wonder why that is... Let me know if I can help by providing any other information.

I will be donating to support your efforts nonetheless, as I assume it will eventually work for me
    Drat, 0.6.0 doesn't behave any differently. DK, any ideas / things you'd like me to check out for you?
    Just downloaded works great. Many props for the d0lph1nK1ng.

Thanks,

mrclaiborne
    DaGreatOne
    Just curious, for those that got it to work: how did you install it? I used the palm-install script that comes with the Palm SDK.
    Quote Originally Posted by giantpez View Post
    Just curious, for those that got it to work: how did you install it? I used the palm-install script that comes with the Palm SDK.
    Just copied the IPK file to FileCoaster.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    d0lph1nK1ng,

You should change the "Last Updated" field in this page so that this application will show up in the top of fileCoaster and thereby alerting users of an update to the application.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    The history on mine doesn't show either, the messaging area looks nice, this application is getting better on every update.
    Vociemail/ web dail toggle works for me but it does not dail my pin. I checked the use pin/ no pin toggle no change. It brings up the native dailer but when I reviewed the # no pin was entered.
    I have same issues as raeluvpre, web dial does not work. The toggle seems to work, but no pin is entered.
  12.    #492  
    web dial does not use a pin, only voicemail dial does
    Nevermind. Everything seems to be working fine now for web dial. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Forgive me for being an amateur but I have a GV account yet there's no where clear on any website I've seen what the point of dialing out of an app is..... are you saying if I dial out from the GV app, that all national calls are free and I'm not using my Sprint minutes?
    If not, what's the point besides having an untraceable CallerID number and crappy voicemail to text which... everyone says voicemail is dead.

I find Google Voice appealing, but I've not heard anything more than simply cheaper international rates...
    Quote Originally Posted by nirv View Post
    Forgive me for being an amateur but I have a GV account yet there's no where clear on any website I've seen what the point of dialing out of an app is..... are you saying if I dial out from the GV app, that all national calls are free and I'm not using my Sprint minutes?
    If not, what's the point besides having an untraceable CallerID number and crappy voicemail to text which... everyone says voicemail is dead.

I find Google Voice appealing, but I've not heard anything more than simply cheaper international rates...
    forgiven

Google Voice: 5 Reasons to Use It, 5 Reasons to Think Twice - PC World

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Voice#Features
    Last edited by johnsongrantr; 08/14/2009 at 08:48 PM.
    Went through all the troubleshooting steps, 0.6.0 does not work for me.

The no-pin is referring to the fact that, when using voicemail mode, when the app kicks you into the native dialer, the pin is not included in the number string. All that is shown is the Google Voice number, pause characters, a 2, pause characters, and the number I want to dial. When I ok it anyways, when the automated system asks for the 4 digit pin, what is being dialed is the number instead. The pin is never dialed. In other words, the "use pin/no pin" toggle does not seem to be working properly.

When using web dial nothing happens; no "web dial success/fail popup confirm" as you indicated in the changelog. Waiting for more than a minute produces no results. I have tried both on WiFi and EVDO (strong reception area). The only indication that anything is happening is that when on EVDO, the badge flashes once, which confirms *some* data is being sent.

Of course, using the mobile website, all calls are connected within 5 seconds.

EDIT: History does not work for me either, which leads me to wonder: for the password field in the settings, does it supports passphrases (as in, passcodes composed of words and 'space' characters)? All Google services do, but in the past I have run into apps (on other platforms) that do not support the 'space' character.
    Last edited by bluemonq; 08/15/2009 at 06:52 PM.
    Siemens A56 > Samsung SGH-X426 > HTC Tornado > HTC Wizard > HTC Wizard + Sony Ericsson K800i > iPhone EDGE + Sony Ericsson K800i > RIM Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve > Palm Treo 800w > HTC Touch Diamond > HTC Touch Diamond + Palm Pre
    @johnsongrantr: Can you please not use my app's artwork as your own?
    sean he is using it as his avatar.. I don't think he is using for an app...
    This is a great app. I came across a mod in the wiki that lets you get the vibrating feedback. Is that something that can be implemented?
    Patch webOS Turning Off Dialpad Noise - WebOS Internals
    This may be a google issue but has anybody had problems with web dialing?

I get a "web dial success" but it does not call me back to pick up the call. The call does seem to go through to its destination however just not with me on the phone. Instead when the destination number picks up my google voicemail kicks in ( It should be me and not my voicemail). I have had some success using this but not consistantly. This is confusing me to death. I should mention that I am using airave device but I don't think this should affect anything.

Web dialing seems to work just fine when i try it from the website though.
    Last edited by hiyo; 08/17/2009 at 08:01 PM.