Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    I have loaded this app for the first time. It is exactly what I need and the interface is excellent.

I can not get it to do anything. It won't dial, give history or voicemails. I loaded all of the preferences. My Settings on google voice have voicemail access set to yes with no pin required.

I am wondering if it has to do with the login. My google voice account is not a gmail account. It is something like rmikulec@xyz.net.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2surf View Post
    OK. I have solved my problem (but I have to be honest I can not be sure how*). BTW, I am a professional PhD scientist so I know how to design an experiment. *The reasons I can't determine IF or WHAT the problem was are 1) that I did not previously "collect data" that is sufficient to allow me now to know what was going on then and 2) I can not "break" the dkGoogleVoice now by changing any settings on the phone or Google Voice web site. In other words maybe it was working then to. Or maybe my tweaking some settings now fixed a prior problem regardless of the actual setting... but I can not recreate the problem now.

Two things I have learned:
    1) I was not waiting long enough for Google Voice to call my Pre (takes 5 seconds). Then you answer the incoming Pre call and it dials the destination number using your Google Voice number (4-5 sec after you answer the Pre call).

2) The Google Voice web site >settings >phone >advanced features settings themselves do not seem to me to be the answer as they seem to be for forwarding call INCOMING to you Google Voice and my de-selecting all phones in this section (Google Voice web site >settings >phone) did not "break" dkGoogle Voice dialing.

I also thought it might be the PIN setting on dkGoogle Voice but it does not seem to matter. Now worked if USE PIN or NO PIN is selected.

I just can't break it anymore (except for the missing web dial feature). Maybe it was always working but in my impatience I was chucking the card away before the 5 sec required for the incoming call ?? Hard to believe I am either that impatient or that quick, so maybe I did somehow fix it. Better luck to others (in articulating whether there is a problem and if so how to fix it).

I am using No Pin required on Google Voice website, doesn't matter how forwarding phones are set up (for outgoing calls). Doesn't seem to matter how PIN use is set on dkGV app. I have a dialer pause length of 2 on dkGV app (but not sure whether this matters). I do have a Google Voice PIN entered on the Pre (but don't seem to have anything entered on the GV website).
    I'm glad you stated your credentials before stating that you figured out something a monkey could do.
    hey just tried out 5.0, I actually got it to work this time, last time I checked 4.0 I wasn't able to make calls etc, I'm not going to list everything I did for gdail, I'm sure you have read my posts in that. Little things I did notice for most suggested improvements

review of 5.0

main/splash
    +dock is nice

dialer
    -number tones for dialing
    -notification of calls send
    -hold backspace to delete
    +visually almost exact replica of native dialer with own twist of flair

sms-neither you or gdail have these, would like them
    -native sms interface, esp the conversation portion (i really like palm's version)
    +character count (i like this palm doesn't even have this)

History
    -icons instead of placed/inbox/sms/missed
    -translate history items with GV contacts instead of just numbers

voicemail
    +although it has to dail your GV number to get voicemail... it does actually work ++
    -when calling vm through dkGV automatically have it place the call instead of having to hit dail button, and needs to add number 1 after pause to start playing voicemails **note this was without a pin setup, haven't configured GV VM box to require a pin yet, but in dkGV configured to use pin it doesn't have the 1 in the string either***
    -i can't get voicemails to show up under voicemail list but it plays when dialing (i will experiment more on this one, doesn't work with gdial either) want to check out speech2txt =(
    ?route web based vm mp3 through media player instead of playing in WebOS card?? I read this is what's holding both apps back from useing like a visual voicemail type of deal because mojo/mojo sdk is broken?
    :edit: ghetto work around enable pin in dkGV, set pin to 1, turn off pin required in GV :lol:

Web site (google.com/voice/m)
    +webpage nicely(better) formatted for pre +++
    -after following links send back to top (this might be a feature, if so, sorry)

Preferences
    -add options to change forward sms to phone
    -add options to change do not disturb
    -add options to turn off pin required in GV voicemail
    -etc pretty much all changes that can be made via GV website
    Last edited by johnsongrantr; 08/08/2009 at 06:06 PM.
    i like everything, id just say make the texting part look more smooth like gdial pro did.

http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...-08_161442.png

Like that, it looks beast, although I still like your app more, so please change it
    Last edited by dhMassacre; 08/08/2009 at 07:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    i have put my info in the drop menu and nothing happens no dialing it just looks pretty and does nothing
    Same here - I am glad its just not me. I went back and forth between the two apps and I can only get them to use one GV account.
    this program 0.5.0 does work if you have a google voice account, i run both apps (dkGV & gDial Pro) together and separately and haven't had any issues for several versions. These are things to help troubleshoot common problems you may have with setting up to run for the first time.

First is first and very important
    *****make sure you actually have a google voice account and have set it up via google voice website's tutorial where you register your mobile phone for first time*****

next basic settings to check within dkGV and gDial
    -make sure you enter your GV account correctly, name@gmail.com
    -make sure you enter your GV password correctly
    -make sure you enter your GV number correct and complete exp 2225551234 no dashs
    -dkGV uses webdial only, make sure preferences reflect within preferences menu
    -make sure your mobile number is correct in dkGV 2225551234 no dashes
    -make sure your mobile phone is registered with google voice
    -make sure calls are forwarded to your mobile phone
    -turn off "do not disturb" on GV website under settings
    -make sure you have a decent data connection, if all else fails use wifi for testing
    -after you hit dial, dkGV does not give a confirmation of call being sent (gDial does however), wait for the phone call from your google voice number before doing anything else, could take up to 1 min but average is 5-10 sec

use these advanced trouble shooting steps if all settings are correct (actually verify these, don't just assume they are ok)

-make a test call via www.google.com/voice/m as this is the same website both applications talk through, if your phone rings it's in the mobile app not with your settings

-reinstall the applications, manually delete them in software menu on pre, then use installer such as "WebOSQuickInstall" to reinstall.

-use webdoctor to completely wipe your pre and start from scratch *make sure you back up your phone numbers and private information before doing this*

Hope this helps anyone that's haveing problems getting this to run, I'll also post this in both program's forum to help resolve problems users have running either program
    Last edited by johnsongrantr; 08/09/2009 at 11:17 PM.
    I been using these apps for a few days and there both great I need some help. I installed both dkGoogleVoice and Gdial Pro. I got two google accounts. One as my main (that's set for my mobile) and the other for my side people, I had to use my house number to forward calls to that one since you can't have two GV accounts for one cell number. But I turned off the forward to my home number. The problem is my main account works great for both the apps but my 2nd number is not working at all on none of the apps. I got all the information right but when I dial someone or text my main number shows up. Everything works on the website. When I open the app that's for my 2nd GV my main GV history still shows up. It happens on both apps. Does these apps put the information in the phone so it can't be change? The 1st account I added when I downloaded the apps was my main GV. I just want to use my 2nd account to call and text. Any ideas?

I really wish there was a way to have multiple GV accounts in one app (like tweed) and have to enter pin # to access each.
  9.    #469  
    Thanks johnsongrantr, will repost in OP
    Doing great on the updates, 0.5.0 looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.
  11.    #471  
    reposted johnsongrantr's tips in the Original Post. anyone with problems should check there first. thanks! hopefully not too long before 0.6.0, i wanted to flush out some of my side projects first.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    hey buddy, thanks again for this app, once its done I will be great. Not sure if this is the site to report errors but Ill try it out. I downloaded the newest version .5 and I can dial out. In the previous version I could. I tried to remove it and re-download it but nothing...... just an FYI.

thanks again!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I just donated a little something with the intention of helping further development of such a great application. Thank you very much.
    I might be missing something but I cannot figure out contact integration. In my history list it shows the phone numbers but not my contact names. Same thing with text messages. Is this normal?

Thanks!
    when i try to select a contact to send sms, it doesnt work, comes back blank on the "To" field. am i missing something with the setup?

good job!
    did everything i was supposed to do, and yes, i actually have a google voice account... but it's not dialing or working. how do i fix this??
    Last edited by mayasa; 08/12/2009 at 09:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sayhello2ay View Post
    when i try to select a contact to send sms, it doesnt work, comes back blank on the "To" field. am i missing something with the setup?

good job!
    That's currently what happens after you send it. Nothing displays. But, if the message u typed is gone, then it should have sent. Did u check ur history? Does it show up there?

EDIT- I'm sorry, I thought u meant, when u enter the phone number and send the message. When u select the contact from the contacts list, does it ask u which number?

Mine seems to work both ways entering the number manually or selecting from contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post
    That's currently what happens after you send it. Nothing displays. But, if the message u typed is gone, then it should have sent. Did u check ur history? Does it show up there?

EDIT- I'm sorry, I thought u meant, when u enter the phone number and send the message. When u select the contact from the contacts list, does it ask u which number?

Mine seems to work both ways entering the number manually or selecting from contacts.
    when I select contact from the contacts list, it doesn't ask me which number, it just returns to the sms page with a blank "To" field.
    I thought maybe it hid the number, so i decided to send anyways, but when I check my gvoice online, I got an error message about that particular message I had sent with an empty "to" field.
    What's your thought on this? Thanks
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    DKGOOGLEVOICE 0.6.0 WILL BE RELEASE TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

-we need to head over to http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/dkgooglevoice and rate the application to show how much we love it
    Last edited by ldudiaz; 08/13/2009 at 09:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sayhello2ay View Post
    when I select contact from the contacts list, it doesn't ask me which number, it just returns to the sms page with a blank "To" field.
    I thought maybe it hid the number, so i decided to send anyways, but when I check my gvoice online, I got an error message about that particular message I had sent with an empty "to" field.
    What's your thought on this? Thanks
    I just updated to webOS 1.1.0. Now the software can select contacts when I want to make calls or send sms.
    Thanks!