Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Great update dk. The new Preferences page is fantastic. Easier to use/understand plus more WebOS-like. Here are a couple suggestions:

-Use icons in the History view instead of the words for "missed", "incoming", "outgoing" and "inbox" (maybe use the same ones from the default dialer's call history?)
    -Have menu at the bottom also extend to the GV page (for consistency)
    -Round the edges of SMS box
  2.    #402  
    all on the todo list! =]
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I tell you, this is why a free market and fair competition is awesome. dK and fl are "fighting" it out and everyone will come out a winner. I seriously can't decide which one is better they both completely up their game with each release so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    all on the todo list! =]
    Great. This is really a top-notch app. On a side note though... can you tell me the pros/cons of using voicemail vs web?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Great. This is really a top-notch app. On a side note though... can you tell me the pros/cons of using voicemail vs web?
    Yes can someone explain this to me?
  6.    #406  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    i will eventually make a Help Scene for this app.

Voicemail Dial: Cell phone number calls Google Voice number then calls contact number.

Web Dial: Google Voice number calls Cell phone number then calls contact number.

Web Dial is faster because of less dialing (especially with pause length), but voicemail dial is good for when internet connection is slow (might take a while for incoming call from Google voice number to happen
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by argentknight View Post
    I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but I ran into the same issue many did where the app would not give me history or voicemail tabs in version 0.4.0. Once I installed gdail pro on the phone as well, everything in this program just started working. Is there a library file or something that is not packaged in this ipk and it needs the other installed to pull from it?

Just curious on that part, but I must say that excluding that small issue, this is an awesome app. Can't wait to see were it goes.
    I had this exact same issue and it went away when I installed gDial.
    Palm Pre Wallpapers
    Free backgrounds for your Palm Pre!
    Pick from hundreds of beautiful and artistic pictures to show off your new Pre!

Follow me on Twitter: @joshh347
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Houston we have a problem, i updated to 0.5.0 and now i can dial for nothing... Help
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    i will eventually make a Help Scene for this app.

Voicemail Dial: Cell phone number calls Google Voice number then calls contact number.

Web Dial: Google Voice number calls Cell phone number then calls contact number.

Web Dial is faster because of less dialing (especially with pause length), but voicemail dial is good for when internet connection is slow (might take a while for incoming call from Google voice number to happen
    Voicemail dial (Should probably just be called Voice dial.) does not call up the phone dialer for me. It still calls Google then calls me back. Acts like web dial. I tried it both ways.

You need a bit more graphic feedback that we actually hit the phone icon. It is hard to tell that we actually dialed. Highlight the entire bar like the normal dialer does etc...

Splash screen is WAY better, thanks. Can you also give me a .5, 1, 2, 3 pause timing? I cannot test it yet due to the above problem but that would be a good option.

Thanks in general for all your hard work man.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  10.    #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Voicemail dial (Should probably just be called Voice dial.) does not call up the phone dialer for me. It still calls Google then calls me back. Acts like web dial. I tried it both ways.
    aw crap, i switched the options from a checkbox to radio button, but i didn't change the condition on the dialer screen. 0.5.0 will always use web dial
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    Houston we have a problem, i updated to 0.5.0 and now i can dial for nothing... Help
    you have to check your setting in reference
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    DK again excellent job on the app, this app has lots of potential
    DK...new UI looks great. The blue dialer screen is a great addition and the app seems to just flow very well. Tested dialing and SMS and no issues. Looking forward to getting Voice Dialing option back.

Thanks for your efforts...
  14.    #414  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    DK...new UI looks great. The blue dialer screen is a great addition and the app seems to just flow very well. Tested dialing and SMS and no issues. Looking forward to getting Voice Dialing option back.

Thanks for your efforts...
    Thanks.. Yeah me too. Fix one thing, break another... Oy
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    you have to check your setting in reference
    I have checked and rechecked but still can't dial out. I'll go with the other app still the issue gets address or could have access to 0.4.0
    WOW! Thanks for all your efforts with this app! Each version gets better and better!
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    Not the same. I have that set. I am talking about the call coming in from GV to my cell being auto answered in the application. It would be nice to hit dial and then just put the phone up to my ear. Right now I hit dial then wait for GV to call me back then hit answer then put the phone to my ear.
    I agree with this totally. This is a great app but an auto answer feature would make it perfect.

Also would be nice to have some sort of acknowledgment of the phone call being processed when using web dial. now you just his the green phone icon and nothing changes.
    Last edited by jschramm; 08/06/2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: new thought
    i cant seem to dial out either... i checked my preferences and everything looks in order
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saiks View Post
    I have checked and rechecked but still can't dial out. I'll go with the other app still the issue gets address or could have access to 0.4.0
    I have the same problem. Doesn't want to dial out when I have Voicemail Dial selected. Only works with "Web Dial". Also is there a way to properly end a call?? If I just hang up my # keeps trying to call me back!
    Anotha question is it possible to use this app and gdial pro but with two different google numbers for each?