Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
  1.    #301  
    thanks for the great feedback guys. i'm planning to make 0.5.0 as stable as i can with more validations and error messages. also, i will be adding a lot of small features, many of them the same as those suggested by you.

there have been a couple reported issues of not making phone calls. please check ur preferences. if u have Voicemail Dial option unchecked, then you must provide a forwarding number. if that isn't working, please use voicemail dial for now.

thanks and keep the feedback coming!
    dk you are super cool, I don't even have my google voice account yet and I LOVE your app, as soon as I get I will be sending money your way! your app so puurrrtyy, but I cant test any bugs since I am still waiting for my account.
    Your new interface for .4.0 looks amazing!!! very clean looking, I really like it.

- I think you should carry over the blue theme to the dialpad screen IMO.

- If I go into the history scene and select an item, I see the popup dialog asking for Call or text, but I do not see a cancel button. On this same note. When I put the app into card view while the popup is active and then go back to the app the call and text buttons become inactive. I keep clicking them and nothing happens. I have to relaunch the app to get out of it.

- Showing the contacts name and phone number type in the history and voicemail scene would make it much more readable. I never remember the numbers of the people I am calling, I just know to call the cell and not their home phone. I don't know which is which.

- Would it be a big deal to add a clear button on the text message scene? You know, have it clear the text field.

- Aesthetics~~ The whole app uses curves and rounded corners for the different scenes, have you thought about making the text scene use rounded edges for the number box and text message box? The overall theme to me is "curvy" and clean, the text scene looks too sharp.
    Really coming along man. A few things. I only just played with this for a min so...

After you make a call and go back to the original GVC the number is still there, it should be cleared.

Can you have it automatically press the dial key when it launches the normal phone launcher?

It is still VERY slow to dial out and use. I have manually dialed GV and typed in 2 then my number and it works fine for me manually. Please just give is timing options and we can tweak it ourselves. If we have problems we can adjust it. Maybe have a basic and advanced mode and hide those options for people that don't need them. I could not use this for daily use as slow as it is now.

Still needs SMS or calling by doing a Universal search type action. If I start typing it should pull up contacts.

LOVE the voicemail option to see the text. Maybe someday we can actually play them but that is not a huge deal as I can call into the number. Can you add an option that just calls the GV number, putting us into the system to listen to our VM's?

Can you also add a button to take us to the mobile voice web site?

Can you send a code, like a reg code, we can type in the next version, to those who donated so we can turn off the splash screen? Sorry it drives me crazy! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Can you send a code, like a reg code, we can type in the next version, to those who donated so we can turn off the splash screen? Sorry it drives me crazy! ii
    I agree, is the splash screen really necessary?
  6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    but it's sooo pretty!!! lol, yeah i'll take a look at a code that'll minimize it to a sec er sumtin
    For some reason, I cant dial a call. I have all my info in preferences, but I cant make a call =(
    Let me rephrase that, I can cal from voicemail but not from web. Why?
    DK,

Great app. I am very new to GV, so I don't think there is much I can offer you in terms of suggestions. Each of the current functions worked perfectly in my test drive just now. SMS, web dialing, and VM dialing all went flawlessly. I do have two ideas, however:

1. Create a button that will take us straight to the mobile version of GV.
    2. Change the color of the dial pad within your app to blue to match the theme. I intend on using GV, but not exclusively. This will help remind me what number I am dialing out with.

Thanks again for your efforts. This is a tremendously promising app.
    Wow, this app is becoming amazing! I love it.

DK, can you add a cancel button to the "Call or Text" popup that appears when you click on an entry in the History section?

And I don't know if this is a limitation of your app or just Google Voice in general, but is it possible to add the contact names to the call history/voicemail screen? I doubt many people memorize phone numbers nowadays. lol. I don't recognize the phone numbers to the people I text all day. LOL. Sad, isn't it? =P
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post

DK, can you add a cancel button to the "Call or Text" popup that appears when you click on an entry in the History section?

And I don't know if this is a limitation of your app or just Google Voice in general, but is it possible to add the contact names to the call history/voicemail screen? I doubt many people memorize phone numbers nowadays. lol. I don't recognize the phone numbers to the people I text all day. LOL. Sad, isn't it? =P
    I haven't imported mh contacts to by google account but try seeing if the contacts are saved to your google account and see if that makes a diffrence
  12.    #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post

yes, i can't believe i forgot to add a cancel button lol. please be sure to check the Known Issues in the Original Post for more information. thanks for the feedback!
  13.    #313  
    i don't think i can match the number to the contacts on the phone. if you do have a name for a contact in google voice, that is what will [eventually] be shown. i am not displaying names yet
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    i don't think i can match the number to the contacts on the phone. if you do have a name for a contact in google voice, that is what will [eventually] be shown. i am not displaying names yet
    lol I was one of the first to review the new version and said... Anyway keep in mind the back gesture makes the app freeze when the 'call/text' pop up comes up
    Great job so far...comes in handy at times.

I'm not sure if this feature request has been mentioned before. If it has, then +1 from me.

But I'd like to see Speed Dial available on the main screen.
    I noticed in v.4.0 that the "dial/msg/hist/vm" nav bar overlaps the bottom of the send button. There is room to move the send button up a bit.
    Looking good, I like the new interface.
    One major thing I think that would be a huge plus....
    When I make a web based call, I hit the Send or Okay button to place the call...
    There is no real animation that I hit that button, so sometimes I hit it multiple times...
    If you could make it appear then when we hit the button it actually presses in...
    I think that would save alot of us from hitting it multiple times.
    This is amazing. Thank you for this
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Apologies if this has been said before, but for those having problems with dialing from web: make sure your FWD# is your actual cellphone number and NOT your GV number.

Great app DK, great work on the quick turnaround for fixes too!

-Jericho
    Palm III --> PalmVx + Omnisky --> Samsung i730 --> Treo 650 --> Samsung i760 --> AT&T Tilt --> Palm Pre
    Another thing I noticed, when you go to Voicemail & click to view a transcription, long transcriptions do not scroll up or down.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    test number... sorry just the number i was calling to see if the app was working... so the number i put in the gv dial pad was my own cellphone number that i had dk's gv app installed on and it did not work. when i called my home number it worked. so go into the drop down menu top right and then prefrences make sure it is all filled out and the voice mail dial is not checked... then type in the number to the pre you will be using this on. then try calling out to any number but the phone you are using.
    Hey I'm just curious what the difference/benefit of dialing thru voicemail vs. webdial is? I've already got my phone setup so I dial my GV# thru VM and it does the rest for me, and my GV# is one of my Pick3 so all my calls are free...am I missing something with webdial? Thanks.