Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Go dolphin Go hack away with no Google Voice API with you just get everything you can from URL mangling and tricks we all know.

Yes you can, can get an application against a non-documented Google Voice URL and call-it your own Google Voice Client just get the previous vars passed in and get the certs and pretend your just like the web mobile version go for it.

Please also make it work on our Pres thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmarino331 View Post
    Still not working for me... everytime i click the talk button nothing happens. can u explain what "test number means" I have as my Gdial number my google number. Dolphin, if i can say 1 thing.. thank you... This program is amazing, you have really been a huge help in everything. Thank you for taking your time to do this, and I think i speak for all of us here.... your awesome. Please keep doing what your doing, andI know that I will support you through this whole thing.
    Marino Out
    test number... sorry just the number i was calling to see if the app was working... so the number i put in the gv dial pad was my own cellphone number that i had dk's gv app installed on and it did not work. when i called my home number it worked. so go into the drop down menu top right and then prefrences make sure it is all filled out and the voice mail dial is not checked... then type in the number to the pre you will be using this on. then try calling out to any number but the phone you are using.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Looks cool, thanks
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Not sure if this was already reported, but the history and voicemail isn't showing anything except for the 2 fake calls/voicemails. Also, I tried deleted them but once you re-open dkGoogleVoice they reappear.

I'm also getting the same issue of when leaving the preferences menu the dialer hangs at white and you have to click to another tab (SMS or something) and then come back to Dial for it to appear fully.
    Palm Pre Wallpapers
    Free backgrounds for your Palm Pre!
    Pick from hundreds of beautiful and artistic pictures to show off your new Pre!

Follow me on Twitter: @joshh347
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    thanks for the great feedback. the splash screen is a tradeoff for it being free. eventually for a paid version ($3-4 ?) that will be able to be turned off
    How about the next donor version for those of us who paid double that. ? ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Am I missing something, or is there no download link to 0.4.0?
  7.    #287  
    dkGoogleVoice Beta v0.4.0 has just been released. I'm really happy with the new features added, so I am very eager to share with you and hear your feedback. Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Dialer and other parts don't seem to work at alll now.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    0.4.0 works great for me. Much more polished plus history and voicemail work and look much better. I would ask for a confirmation when dialing so that we know if it worked or not. Plus maybe changing the dialing screen so that when we flip through the apps we can tell the difference between the normal dialer and yours.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    This app is getting so much cleaner looking!!! Nice Job. Functionality is really getting great. You have put a ton of thought and work into this. Great Job!!!

Here are some suggestions.

- Texting, should clear after the message was sent or have the send button change to clear after being sent so that one can clear what was entered or just always have a clear button.

- phone, when you select a number to call and then click the call button, have some feedback that the call was made. I think it should go to another page with the caller info and picture saying calling. There is no feedback that my click worked and that the call is being made.

- Phone, I think you should make the phone page blue like all the other pages. Better way to distinguish which app you are calling from.

- Phone, any way after placing a call to auto answer the call back from GV so that we do not have to click to place the call and then wait to click again to accept the callback from GV?

Nice work on the History and Voicemail. Here are some suggestions.

- History, need to show callers name. Just having the phone number does not work. also indicate what type of number it is. I like how the Palm Pre native phone app shows the history.

- Voicemail, clever way to show it. Again please show the name of the person.

- Voicemail, issue with displaying the message. I have several messages that were left that are long. The dialog box that pops does not allow scrolling and so I cannot see all the of the message.

- Voicemail, it would be very cool to click on the triangle to play the message and anywhere else to read the message.

Thank you!!
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Just downloaded 0.4.0 this app is getting better every day: suggestion
    -if you can have dialer show contacts that matches the #s as you are dial them n the same on the next screen, similar to the message app of the pre

-also if you could a circle spining while we wait for the call back from the web to let us know the call is being process

- you can also try to have the text section look like the one from the phone

Gdial doesn't compare to this app

Thank again for this app
    Looks good working really well with the text. as for going into preferences when on the dial pad and coming back out still glitches and goes white other then that little bug seems to be working very smoothly

one other issue i ran into is when looking in history. when i tap one of the history items i get the choice to call or text the number but not cancel. and when i gesture back also does nothing. pressing on either call or text seems to not do anything as well

update:
    so when i tap on the history item and get choice to text or call it works when i pick one or the other. but if i back gesture while choices are up then it makes the app freeze and unresponsive.

one more thing is if the app can some how be adjusted while notifications are at the bottom of the screen. the guy that made block drop (Dan) should be able to help you with that.

Block Drop just PM the author if you need to.
    Last edited by jack87; 08/03/2009 at 01:14 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Does anyone know why it asks you to enter "Your Google Voice Information in the Menu > Preferences screen". When you go to preferences, GV, PIN, Email, password dont allow any entries to be made. When I select save it does not appear to and everytime ask for it again.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Just updated to v0.4.0 and I'm not getting anything to come up on the history or voicemail tab. Anyone else having this problem?
    Palm Pre Wallpapers
    Free backgrounds for your Palm Pre!
    Pick from hundreds of beautiful and artistic pictures to show off your new Pre!

Follow me on Twitter: @joshh347
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Does anyone know why it asks you to enter "Your Google Voice Information in the Menu > Preferences screen". When you go to preferences, GV, PIN, Email, password dont allow any entries to be made. When I select save it does not appear to and everytime ask for it again.
    You need to hit enter button on your keyboard to jump from one entry to the other

Quote Originally Posted by joshh347 View Post
    Just updated to v0.4.0 and I'm not getting anything to come up on the history or voicemail tab. Anyone else having this problem?
    you need to fill out the information mentioned in craftsman's quote stated above your quote in this post.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    one other issue i ran into is when looking in history. when i tap one of the history items i get the choice to call or text the number but not cancel. and when i gesture back also does nothing. pressing on either call or text seems to not do anything as well

update:
    so when i tap on the history item and get choice to text or call it works when i pick one or the other. but if i back gesture while choices are up then it makes the app freeze and unresponsive.
    GREAT WORK dolphin!!! If we donate now do we get access to the final paid version? And since we will not have bought through the app catalog how will updates be gotten?

I'll 2nd this request. Either add a cancel button or allow a backswipe to dismiss the popup dialogue when selecting a history item. I clicked an sms history item thinking it would show me the message, tried to backswipe to dismiss the dialogue box because I didn't want to call or text the person and had to close and relaunch the app to get it back working.
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/03/2009 at 04:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterweb View Post
    This app is getting so much cleaner looking!!! Nice Job. Functionality is really getting great. You have put a ton of thought and work into this. Great Job!!!

Here are some suggestions.

- Texting, should clear after the message was sent or have the send button change to clear after being sent so that one can clear what was entered or just always have a clear button.

- phone, when you select a number to call and then click the call button, have some feedback that the call was made. I think it should go to another page with the caller info and picture saying calling. There is no feedback that my click worked and that the call is being made.

Nice work on the History and Voicemail. Here are some suggestions.

- Voicemail, clever way to show it. Again please show the name of the person.

- Voicemail, issue with displaying the message. I have several messages that were left that are long. The dialog box that pops does not allow scrolling and so I cannot see all the of the message.

- Voicemail, it would be very cool to click on the triangle to play the message and anywhere else to read the message.

Thank you!!
    +1

Also, on the dial screen, allow dialing a phone number from the keyboard.

When in SMS, have the field for phone number default to numeric entry instead of alphabetic.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Thanks for the udate.It's really coming together.
    Version 0.4.0 Feedback:

First off...wow. You are killin' em!! I'm very impressed. I think you pretty much nailed it this time. Most of my feedback is just that...feedback and a few bugs.

1. Whether my volume is up or down, when using the dialpad there is no tone feedback. It's quite/silent. It would be nice to have some touch tones when manually dialing numbers.

2. Change the dialer color to be consistent with dkgooglevoice and to distinguish it from the actual Pre dialer.

3. When using the dial from web method nothing seems to happen. I was actually really confused as to what that even meant. I went into preferences and checked the box "Dial from voicemail" and that seems to work as it did in previous versions. Not sure about this "dial from web" method.

4. When you click an item in history and you're presented with the options 1: Call 2: Text...I need a way to click back on the history. At the present time you're sort of stuck with being forced to select either CALL or TEXT or you have to exit the app entirely. There's no option to back out of it by clicking again on the history screen or hitting the back gesture.

5. Under voicemail...it basically reads me the voicemail in text format. Cool. But there was a phone number in the transcription. It would be nice to allow those to be clickable links. Anything in the transcription in the format (xxx) xxx-xxxx or xxx-xxx-xxxx should be clickable so it can dial through GV. This is a nice to have. Not a requirement or bug.

6. Voicemail...if you could find a way to actually play it that would be great too. It should also be scrollable for long voicemail/transcriptions so it's not cut off.

7. History is still confusing when it comes to SMS. I think it's more of a GV issue than a DK issue. But I'd like to be able to differentiate incoming from outgoing text messages. Right now it seems to sort of lump all SMS as simply SMS or incoming. How about INCOMING SMS and OUTGOING SMS like the call history? If anything I'd rather just see incoming SMS at worst case in my history. Or maybe I'm simply not understanding why they call incoming incoming, but outgoing SMS just SMS. <-- I think I just confused myself typing that. Let me know if you need clarification.

8. How about clearing the SMS text box once the message is sent? That provides even more confirmation that the message was actually sent.

Otherwise...GREAT WORK!!

PS: DK I logged into my email recently and realized you chat requested me. I just added you. Sorry for the delay.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Just upgraded to v 0.4.0 and now cannot make phone calls. the dial function does not work. I tried deleting and reinstalling but still nothing. any thoughts??