Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    how do i get the app? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anthre View Post
    I know this is a palm pre forum, but can someone direct me to something similar to this for the palm centro please?
    Try:
    Treocentral.com
  3.    #183  
    dkGoogleVoice Beta v0.2.0 is now available!

EDIT 7/31 (v0.2.0):
    - hopefully fixed SMS sending
    - choose number from multiple contacts
    - longer voicemail dial-out pause length
    - optional PIN entry
    - fixed SMS character counter
    - formatted phone numbers for better usability
    - improved dialer screen
    The voicemail and history lists still look funny kind of odd formatting for the history view looks like its taken off the mobile site but looks silly. be nice to have a link straight to the mobile page as well somewhere on the app. Sending sms seems to be working but when message received it adds <br><br> for example message sent was "Testing" message received was "Testing <br><br>" I also received it twice possibly from tapping send button twice.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Finally got it working, but I have to press the dial icon twice before it dials out and starts to connect. Is that true with you also?

This is for version 2.0 beta.
    Last edited by bdhu2001; 07/31/2009 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Dial out works now/ beta 2
    I'm testing the sms now. I press send and nothing happens. How is it working for the rest of you and what are you doing differently to get it to work?
    Same as you, bdhu. Pressing send does not do anything for sms. I tried typing the number in, via my contacts but still nothing.

Yay... just got my invite for GVoice today - will install this tomorrow! (already downloaded.. just gotta switch to DevMode!) Thanks!

If I only had a brain (I'd be dangerous)
    Folks here may be interested in Michael Arrington's piece on WashingtonPost.com, where he says he's giving up his iPhone because of the Google Voice controversy. (Oh, and you might want to check out the first comment on the article too. ) {ProfJonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    dkGoogleVoice Beta v0.2.0 is now available!

EDIT 7/31 (v0.2.0):
    - hopefully fixed SMS sending
    - choose number from multiple contacts
    - longer voicemail dial-out pause length
    - optional PIN entry
    - fixed SMS character counter
    - formatted phone numbers for better usability
    - improved dialer screen
    used it in the morning. Good stuff. Dialer, looks the way it should look :h5:
    other improvements are good too.
    Link to google.com/voice/m would be nice.
    I was told something very interesting this morning as I added Pick 3 to my account. The CS rep stated that this only works on outgoing calls to the numbers that you pick and NOT incoming. Is this true, has anyone else heard different?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtlemmonrunner View Post
    With no GV API and google using URL no-sniff mime maybe wireshark or such could help out.

I tried hacking mobile site of GV app using that method and came up thinking if only I could get the hash for user. I cleared logged out of mobile site cleared cache and reloaded and got the same hash code but since firebug failed to help me I called it a day.

I have experience with wireshark and fiddler but am attempting to get a few others apps going so gave up.

If you need any help just ask I can spare a few cycles. Funny how the second I got my GV invite the whole officespace could here my yell yeah, alas, I didn't even play with GV after that day. I have posted recommended changes to google GV forum for UI changes from end-user website way anything you want me to ask for beside an API to help out?
    The hash is actually in a page that google redirect right after login ... its auth= you have to extract it before the redirect.. have it working prefectly with php and curl ill port my version over when i get a chance
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I was told something very interesting this morning as I added Pick 3 to my account. The CS rep stated that this only works on outgoing calls to the numbers that you pick and NOT incoming. Is this true, has anyone else heard different?
    How did you get the pick 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    How did you get the pick 3?
    SHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Here's the number

1-877-567-9318
    The send button doesnt actually send the message. Seems this isnt working or I'm missing something
    Dolphin:

v0.2.0 SMS worked for me. But I suspect it still has something to do with having GdialPro installed since others are reporting SMS still isn't work. I'm also NOT logged into Google Voice web page (FYI).

Here's my updated bug report:

- SMS working for me (but then again it worked for me in 0.1.0 also after I installed Gdialpro) I typed in a number manually just like this: 1234567894 without parenthesis and without selecting contact and the SMS sent and was received successfully.

- History shows your sample history and what looks like the actual Google Voice webpage history and the formatting is completely jacked up. There is no swipe action like your sample history where I can swipe to delete.

- Voicemail still not working, shows sample voicemail phone numbers. But not actual voicemails which I have.

- Swiping sample data to delete works but when you go switch between buttons the sample data returns. Never stays deleted.

- Additional time-out you added works fine, even when I have two new voicemails and also works fine with Airrave.

- SMS character count is working as it should now. Thank you for keeping the text area blank so we don't have to delete the "Enter Message Here" part to enter our own message.

Let me know if you need anything else. Keep up the great work.

Suggestions:

I like that you made a WebOS style dialer, but maybe you should change the color to differentiate between the dkGoogleVoice dialer and the real/actual dialer. Maybe make it red or black. Any color but green. I know picky picky right?
    I found some issues so far with v.2.0.

1 When I select a contact to sms or call I do not know which number is mobile, work, home, etc. adding that to the which number would you like to call popup would be nice.

2 The formatting of the history scene is totally screwed up. The elements don't look to be showing correctly. There is a box for missed and outgoing calls. They have samples in them, but I delete them and relaunch the app they come back. The elements that seem to be out of place are txt msgs that show up under the history box. Why have the title of the scene say history and then have another box that says history? Its that a bit redundant?

3 Same goes for the voicemail scene. The sample numbers come right back when I relaunch the app and again you are using a box called voicemail when the name of the scene is already voicemail.

4 The app icon looks pixelated.

I really like the dail screen!

5 In the SMS screen, instead of [C], could you use the contact list image from the dial screen?
    Last edited by pyrognome; 07/31/2009 at 09:43 AM.
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    I found 2 issues so far with v.2.0.

1 when I select a contact to sms or call I do not know which number is mobile, work, home, etc.

2 the formatting of the history scene is totally screwed up. The elements don't look to be showing correctly.
    I have not focused on history or voicemail yet. I like ur other idea. Thanks!
    dUDE WHERE CAN i donate.

So far both Google voice pre apps are awesome and helpful.

mAN IF YOU MAKE THE SMS look like the stock messaging app that would rock.

Love the dialer.
    Last edited by gnove; 07/31/2009 at 09:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Finally got it working, but I have to press the dial icon twice before it dials out and starts to connect. Is that true with you also?

Yes thats how it is, you have to hit dial on the gv app and also you have to hit dial on the phone dial app