Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePennster View Post
    The only problem I have is that the settings for auto refresh are never saved. I want it to refresh every 60 minutes, but everytime I go back into the settings, it reverts back to 10 minutes.
    Confirmed. The refresh time is not saved, even when "Save Settings" is tapped.

Two suggestions for the settings dialog:

-- The settings should probably be autosaved, without requiring the "Save Settings" button to be tapped.

-- "Preferences" on the app menu should be enabled and take one straight to the "other settings" scene.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Looks great and I see the filesize is now under control.

Even though there is another way to select location, it would make sense if clicking on a location in your list of saved locations would select it for display. A lot of UI elements have been minimized to the level of obscurity, and some of them (like selecting the location) are not covered at all in the help. Providing multiple options helps usability.

Also, it often seems to display the name of a nearby location instead of the name you selected when you add a location to the save list. In some cases it's a location in a different state, which isn't obvious since only the city and country are displayed. I'm guessing it's the name of the closest weather station ? but it would still be clearer to display the selected name.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    When I installed this app, Las Vegas was a location. I added my location and deleted Las Vegas but it's still shows up and rotates through the display. How do I get it removed for real?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    nicely done
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    This may be a problem with your data source but when I select Montreal, Canada, I get a fictitious place called McTavish, Canada. It seems to be the same place but somewhere something gets confused. Is it possible to correct this?
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loftwyr View Post
    This may be a problem with your data source but when I select Montreal, Canada, I get a fictitious place called McTavish, Canada. It seems to be the same place but somewhere something gets confused. Is it possible to correct this?
    Fixed in the latest version (Palm App Catalog).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    When I installed this app, Las Vegas was a location. I added my location and deleted Las Vegas but it's still shows up and rotates through the display. How do I get it removed for real?
    I am having the same problem removing locations.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Didn't bWeather used to animate? Like, if you transitioned to an area where it was raining on the location map, you would have a little raindrop-windshield wiper effect? And when it got cloudy, you could watch the clouds cover the sun?

What happened with that? Or am I thinking of something completely different?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Didn't bWeather used to animate? Like, if you transitioned to an area where it was raining on the location map, you would have a little raindrop-windshield wiper effect? And when it got cloudy, you could watch the clouds cover the sun?

What happened with that? Or am I thinking of something completely different?
    I don't recall this app (or any for that matter) doing that. It would be cool though!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I eventually did get it deleted. Unfortunately, I don't recall what I did. I tried several things, sorry.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I don't recall this app (or any for that matter) doing that. It would be cool though!
    I looked it up - it animated for a fact on the HTC Touch Pro 2. I remember watching it in person.

:|
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    I looked it up - it animated for a fact on the HTC Touch Pro 2. I remember watching it in person.

:|
    I guess I didn't clarify, I was talking about Pre apps only.
    I have an issue where I set the interval time for 90min and hit "save" but it alwats reverts back to 10min and it kills my battery.
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Check Out My Blog/Podcast: The Gadget Gurus
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    +1 I have two locations and at one point, it listed 3 with one duplicate! There should be a selection for determining which should show when opening the app.

Right now it seems whatever is most recently added is the first location shown in your list, while generally the most recent will only be used when traveling so the first one added should be the #1.

Please fix! This is a very nice UI and pulls from a dependable weather source....I would like to keep this on my launcher page!
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Below is the email I received from the developer to my problem:
    You can save up to 7 different locations. Six slots are permanent, one (first) slot is temporary.

Every new location is saved in your temporary slot AND (if available) first empty permanent slot. Even if your list is full, new locations are temporarily saved in the first slot.

You can always delete locations from your permanent slots. If you want to replace location saved if your temporary slot, simply save new location as it rewrites previous settings.

Example:
    6 of your favorite location are saved. You’d like to know how’s the weather in Europe. No need to delete any of your saved location. Simply search for Paris, France or any other city and save it. It’ll go into your temporary slot. When you’re no longer interested in Paris, search for another city and save it – your previous search (Paris) will be replaced with it .
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    great that there is a trick to it, but why in the 'h' would anyone want to go through that? How bout the developer just change the code so the only thing that shows for locations, now hold your breath.....

ARE THE ONES I ACTUALLY HAVE SAVED!
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I installed the application , entered 3 location and it worked fine for a few days , than I had 2 on the same day twice on the bottom of the page ( ie Mon,Mon,Tue,Tue) . I deleted bweather and reinstalled it , my locations were still there - now I can't get to the weather screen at all ( flashed briefly when I click on save - does not save u/m)
    Preferences option is not available
    weather screen doesn't show up... Pretty important for a weather app. Rated 1 star
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I only get the "help and support" page today. This app was working very nicely until now. Any attempts to get to the main page results in a main page flash with "loading new data" and then a loop back to the "help and support" page again. Hopefully there is a fix or update for this. Hmmmm.
    Last edited by mdvision; 10/01/2009 at 06:33 PM.
    Hey guys. For those of you getting the help screen instead of the weather screen... delete the app and reinstall from app catalog. Worked for me.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast