Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Cities for Southern California are messed up - they come up correctly in settings add location but the incorrect city comes up in the forecast screen
    Very nice. I love it. Thank you mapara.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    looks good. Haven't downloaded yet though.. Does it have radar? I like the forecast as the accuweather app doesn't give forecasts or precip chance percentages. Radar (looping too) is a must for a weather app. Does it use GPS to locate if desired?
    Quote Originally Posted by strex View Post
    Also, I've always wanted to be alerted when the national weather service has issued a warning of some kind. Would it even be possible to integrate this into your app?

Say for instance, they issue a Severe Thunderstorm warning, have the app send some kind of alert to the user. Play the notification sound, vibrate, something..

Just an idea, either way keep up the good work.
    Thanks!
    No need for this to be incorporated into an app

If you want text messages for
    tornado, severe thunderstorm, flash flood, winter storms and many other
    products...these can be sent to your email or cell phone, for any
    county/parish in the country.

Welcome to interactiveNWS
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    This is looking nice. A couple of odd things:

-- The first location I saved shows up on the main forecast screen, but not in "Saved Locations", so I can never delete it. The other locations show up in both places.

-- Today is Thursday, and first day shown at the bottom is Thursday, so that one and the main top display are for the same day. But the high and low temperatures are different. Why?
    Notifications of weather alerts would be very nice, as would easy access to satellite weather maps.
    Love the update! Good work
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Great App! Even better part is that its free on Homebrew! Two suggestions though:
    1) App Menu would be nice. At least have the preferences option enabled an working!
    2) I almost always have something in my notification area on my Pre. As a result, the bottom line of the app is cut off! Any chance you could fix that? Perhaps set that bottom weather bar to be fixed on the bottom? (I can help you with the CSS if needed)

Thanks and keep up the great work!
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    Updated - 0.2.1b
    what changed?
    Would it be possible to make this app the background (wallpaper)?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    it seems like it's impossible to delete all locations.

i added Pensacola, FL to my locations, but then decided i didn't want it anymore. i deleted it from My Locations, but it's still selectable on the main screen...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Love it. Great app, gorgeous design! Thanks!
    3 things I'd really like to see in order of importance

Background notifications of severe weather (if possible it would be cool to determine which types to be notified about flood, tornado ect. Or just turn off for those that don't want it.

Animated radar (would be ciol if it could use google maps so you could search and browse locations.)

Video.

This is the nicest weather app I've seen and thus would like to see it grow!
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    No need for this to be incorporated into an app

If you want text messages for
    tornado, severe thunderstorm, flash flood, winter storms and many other
    products...these can be sent to your email or cell phone, for any
    county/parish in the country.

[url= to interactiveNWS[/url]
    Having this as a notification is better than a text.

1. I've heard apps can distinguish their own sounds. This would be good since you could know that particular notification is a weather alert.

2. Clicking on it would bring you to the app which could have a page withthe info easily readable.

3. More options and integration
    Once again, love the App, But I'll second my notion for Severe weather notification. I usually have this app open somewhere in my pages, but it would also be nice to fork to the background aka notification area.

Also If you add in multiple locations, is there an easy way to switch between them? I've tried everything and can't figure it out (probably something stupid I'm missing). This would be great info for you're questions & answers section.

This might be down the road for this App, but what about looking up location information via GPS? E.G. Let's say your going camping, and have signal / GPS but have no idea what city or zip your near. It would be great to see the local weather in you're current area. Just an idea.

Lastly, setting anything in 'Your Location' seems to do nothing, please advice.
    To change the city, there's a small x/y thing with arrows on the right side. You have to click around there to go up and down. My biggest request would be to make it a drag left/right interface instead. Otherwise just the extra city bug and I think it's perfect.
    I like this program. It looks as good as accuweather app but is faster. Accuweather does not give any real information for the day other than high and low temp and an icon. This app gives a description of the day(s). Things I would like to see are a description for day and night, a hour by hour (something that is nice in accuweather), a radar map (hopefully animated), and alerts that others have suggested would be nice). If an app had all these features I would buy it. (Basically a combination of accuweather app and the where weather app, but with animated radar and alerts)
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    Great App! Even better part is that its free on Homebrew! Two suggestions though:
    1) App Menu would be nice. At least have the preferences option enabled an working!
    2) I almost always have something in my notification area on my Pre. As a result, the bottom line of the app is cut off! Any chance you could fix that? Perhaps set that bottom weather bar to be fixed on the bottom? (I can help you with the CSS if needed)

Thanks and keep up the great work!
    I think this is a great app as well! And I'll second suggestion #2 - which will help with the shorter screen size Pixi coming along soon.

I think several of the homebrew apps will need to take this into consideration and move away from designing by the pixel.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I had a good bit of trouble with it keeping locations so I gave up for now but it looked very slick. Only areas I could suggest improvement would be a cleaner name and configuration screens.
    The only problem I have is that the settings for auto refresh are never saved. I want it to refresh every 60 minutes, but everytime I go back into the settings, it reverts back to 10 minutes. Also, my the city name does not match the zip I type in (I live in Tustin Ranch, CA, but my city is shown as Santa Ana, CA).
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast