Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnv View Post
    hey I downloaded this thing, and its not showing up, did we all just get a virus from this guy or something else, all the apps from here have been amazing except this one, just wondering if anyone else did this too only to see that there is no app or icon on your phone? I used the old install-bat method, anyone else encounter the same question mark as I have???
    yup i have. i used webOS quick install though.

i dont have an app icon or anything, and it doesnt show up as installed thru WebOS quick install either
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    This looks really great so far! I'd like to see both the manual input location option as well as locate via GPS and provide local weather.

Also, the screen needs to resize so that the Settings button bumps up a little when you have something in the dash whether its the small icons or fully viewed notification. When there's notifications the Settings button is almost not touchable or not even visible at all sometimes.
    Palm Pre Wallpapers
    Free backgrounds for your Palm Pre!
    Pick from hundreds of beautiful and artistic pictures to show off your new Pre!

Follow me on Twitter: @joshh347
    Nice.. Love it.
    ...but where does it pull its weather data from?

(sigh)
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    This app has excellent potential, thanks!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Looks like it gets its data from Yahoo! Weather - Addison, TX . Of course the zip code at the end is a variable.
    Phone History: VisorPhone --> Treo180 --> Treo650--> Treo700p--> PalmCentro --> HTCTouchDiamond (2weeks) --> PalmCentro --> Palm Pre
    Since the app is already called Blăck - Weather....

Maybe we can just call it the "Black-u-Weather Forecast" and change the app icon to Ollie Williams.

I would...love that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Looks beautiful thank you.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    About size: it has around 100 PNGs - 50kb/each
    Have you compressed them? Most programs do not create optimized PNG files. You can usually reduce the size by 5-10% by using a utility like PngCrush or PngOut (both free) which find the best compression method for the image. Since PNG is a non-lossy format, you don't lose any image quality. That could save 250-500kb easily. See 10 Free Tools to Optimize and Compress PNG Images | About Online Tips

If you aren't using transparency for all of those images, it's also possible you could get smaller file sizes by switching to JPG. It is lossy, but for a final image may be fine. If you have a full-page image (background) I suggest trying it, could make a big difference.

Since there seems to be a space limitation for the apps partition, some optimization could make a big difference here.
    it wont install using sdk method for me
    works great
    Mapara,
    Strange thind is I haven't been able to install this either. Can't figure it out for the life of me. Can other who have it working, tell us what method you used to install it?
    Mapara,
    Strange thind is I haven't been able to install this either. Can't figure it out for the life of me. Can other who have it working, tell us what method you used to install it?

Edit: OK SDK method worked. QuickInstall wouldn't work for me though.
    Last edited by Babywayne; 07/28/2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: resolved issue
    I can't install this one. I'm running windows 7 64-bit, and I have been successful with the palm-install.bat drag install method as well as with the prebrew app on the wiki, but I can't get this one to install at all. I've even tried to get the file over putty using the http://www.tkollock.com/pre/com.apps..._0.0.1_all.ipk link.

I have root access and have made a number of mods; could this be causing my install troubles,; i find it wierd that i can install other apps.

EDIT: I just used the webdoctor and started fresh; works great
    Last edited by Weeton; 07/29/2009 at 12:58 AM.
    great work mpara i always look forward to see what ur coming up with next.
    Thanks I've enjoyed it. Could you add option to choose 12hr clock instead of 24hr clock. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I don't know what I did or didn't do but it won't work for me. All I get is a white page.
    no matter how i try to install this, it wont. i Have tried the WebOS Quick install and the drag and drop on the palm-install.bat method, neither work.

this is the only app that wont install..ive never had this happen for me. i still have plenty of space for apps left too, so its not that. i just installed another app, and that went in perfectly

please..somebody help! i really want this app on my phone
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Looks good! Can't wait for more functions.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    About size: it has around 100 PNGs - 50kb/each
    6 megs for a weather app? That's irresponsible.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast