1.    #1  
    This is a small app especially for Mike, who is now the coolest Prosthetist/Orthotist on the planet.

It's basically a port of the PreMedi application but as it's rather a niche application, I though I'd put it as a separate app.
    Mike - more modules can be plugged in if need be.

History:

7/26 v0.1.0
    • 2 modules (Cephalic ratio and CVAI)
    • Basic icon, need to get transparency working

License - freeware, GPL
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Wow that was fast. I have tried it and it works great. I have already sent the link to my IT Dept incase anyone else wants to use it. Let me know if you want to make additions to the calculator.

Im assuming your not a pediatrician, but if you are this will help you calculate the severity of the childs deformity (Brachycephaly, Plagiocephaly, Schaphocephaly) and if they are in need of a cranial remolding helmet.

If you did nothing else to this app, this is a fantastic tool for me. That being said, an my being greedy,

1. is it possible to get the tool to recognize #'s without having to hit the Orange button to enter values? (it took me a second to figure this out)

2. Would you be able to add a head circumference growth chart for boys and girls if i got them to you.

3. If i gave you the cut off for each value in the ratios for standard deviations from normal, would you be able to color code it? Green normal between 65% & 82%, yellow moderate 82%-92% & 65%-55%, red severe 92% and above & 55% and below? and or for higher Cepahallic Ratios above say 82% they are considered Brachy, and below 65% they are Scapho. i will get you the exact %.

4. for CVAI same thing color coded Green normal 6% and below. 6%-12% moderate, and 12% or higher severe.

5. One other addition. When calculating the CVAI you subtract big diag minus the small diag and get a value (CV), 145-140=5mm I believe this value is the Cranial Vault. I have to double check but this gives a more tangiable measurment for the difference between the diagonals. I can say you have a 5mm difference you childs head is within normal range, or your childs head has a 13mm diff and you need to put them in a helmet for the best results.

Again i really appreciate your hard work and if you did nothing more i would still be very happy. Let me know if you need or want any more information. Also feel free to contact me anytime. Im not sure how this forum works, if im allowed to put up an email address, or if id even be comfortable doing it. But if your interested i will get you my info.

I thought this could be a cool tool for parents to be able to check their childrens head shape from home too, all they need is a caliper and measuring tape. Our company also has very copmrehensive literature on how to prevent and treat the deformities in hopes of not needint a helmet. i thought this could be an addition to in (HELP or ABOUT) the work is done, maybe scan it in as a picture they can zoom in on and read?

Thanks again Officially the coolest C.P.O. on the planet!
  3.    #3  
    Firstly, you can now tell your iPhone toting colleagues 'Who's your Daddy?"
    The Apple App Catalogue may have 60,000 apps but do they have an app for that which does what Cranio does

1) I have no idea. I should think there is a way for a Mojo Textfield to accept only numeric input. At the moment the code only checks that the input is a valid number before proceeding. Can anyone help here?

2) If the growth chart an image display only - that would be easy. If it is based on a numeric formula and then derives a value which tells you whcih range it falls in (low, normal, high) I think it is doable too.

3) Outputting an additional CV value (big diagonal - small diagonal) apart from the CVAI is not a problem

Best way to contact me nowadays is to follow me on twitter (see my signature)
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Thanks, I'll find ya soon. I need 3 more posts after this one to be able to view your signature.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    The growth charts are age vs. head circumference and they approximate where the child lies in development and gives us an idea if he/she still has a lot of growing to do or not.

I have two different charts one for boys and one for girls and ill get them to you when i can. Id like to be able to plug in an age and head circ. and arrive at a % however i dont think the chart is a constant, or anything you can writ a formula for easily. After you see the chart let me know what you think. We typically treat children between 3 and 18 months of age, and there is a small range of head circs in that range. Maybe a few key measurments can be used to approximate the percentile they fall into?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewardo View Post
    Thanks, I'll find ya soon. I need 3 more posts after this one to be able to view your signature.
    Palmdoc (palmdoc) on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    1) I have no idea. I should think there is a way for a Mojo Textfield to accept only numeric input. At the moment the code only checks that the input is a valid number before proceeding. Can anyone help here?
    Hey PalmDoc! There is definitely a way to make the textfield take numbers without the orange key. You basically have to trick it into thinking the letters correspond to numbers and make an array. I can show you the source code from a couple apps (I would suggest the tip caluclator) and other such calculator apps which show how to do that.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey PalmDoc! There is definitely a way to make the textfield take numbers without the orange key. You basically have to trick it into thinking the letters correspond to numbers and make an array. I can show you the source code from a couple apps (I would suggest the tip caluclator) and other such calculator apps which show how to do that.
    It is even easier than that. Just change the textfield attribute modifiedState to Mojo.Widget.numLock. The input will default to numeric when input is received from the keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by chimeric View Post
    It is even easier than that. Just change the textfield attribute modifiedState to Mojo.Widget.numLock. The input will default to numeric when input is received from the keyboard.
    Thank you!

- Craig
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by chimeric View Post
    Thanks. I'll try to figure that one out. I only have the emulator and not the real Pre at the moment - will it work on the emulator?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Thanks. I'll try to figure that one out. I only have the emulator and not the real Pre at the moment - will it work on the emulator?
    Yes it will work on the emulator, i.e. if you tap d, f or g on the keyboard the emulator will display 4, 5 or 6.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say thanks again, still using it daily and its been fantastic