Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Jobr v0.7.3: [7/25/09]
    This app uses Indeed.com's API to search for jobs. I wanted to do a job search app to help others find employment because of the economy.

The app uses the GPS API to get your latitude and longitude and do reverse address lookup to get your local city.

You may freely distribute and install this app. It will remain free once the App Catalog comes online.

Feedback, bug reports and feature requests are welcome.

Features:

• Search for a job by keyword.
    • You can choose to filter jobs by how many days old they are.
    • Search the entire U.S., a city/state or just your local area.
    • Save a job as a favorite on the app home screen and jump directly to it.
    • Each job search is saved to the app home screen so you don't have to retype it.
    • Open up a browser to view more information at Indeed.com.
    • Send a job to a friend or other person.
    • Open a map of the job location.

Updated to v0.7.4 on 7/26/09:

Updates:
    • Fixed issue with the next button not working properly on the job results scene.

Updated to v0.7.5 on 7/28/09:

I got a great response on the poll. Thanks to everyone that gave their opinion. 90% said that the ListSelector was a better choice for the State field.

Updates:
    • State field was changed to a ListSelector.

Known bugs:
    • For some reason the City TextField widget is not fading out when it is disabled like what the State ListSelector does. It's probably a styling issue.(?)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by webfusion5; 07/31/2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Updated version to 0.7.5
    where's the .ipk file?
  3.    #3  
    where's the .ipk file?
    It is attached now...
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    nice app. great use of APIs.
    This is really cool!
    This is nice. It searces whatever the database for the word no matter where it is at. Suggestions, is there a way to set your home city and state as the default so you don't have to type it everytime but leave the option if you want to search in another area you still can.

All I can think of right now, I like how it saves the recent searches.
    nice.. it would be great if you could support multiple sites in a search such as Monster, Dice, Craigslist, etc. I will def. check out the app now though.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton
    Suggestions, is there a way to set your home city and state as the default so you don't have to type it everytime but leave the option if you want to search in another area you still can.
    That is a great idea. I will add that feature.

Quote Originally Posted by jcrawford View Post
    nice.. it would be great if you could support multiple sites in a search such as Monster, Dice, Craigslist, etc. I will def. check out the app now though.
    Indeed actually pulls in the other websites; I am not exactly sure which ones. But I think the major ones like Monster are included.

From Indeed.com:
    Indeed.com is a search engine for jobs, allowing job seekers to find jobs posted on thousands of company career sites and job boards.
    I have plans of supporting the other job engines as well. It just depends on what their API offerings are.

Thank you for the feedback.
    I agree the more search engines the more results. But this app sounds very helpful. Hopefully this will help me get a job!
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Awesome app! Keep it up. Thanks.
    This is awesome. Very cool app. Thanks a bunch.
    Dude i just lost my job, this is awesome thanks alot. no i can look for jobs while i'm out looking for a job. hehe
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prethorpe24 View Post
    Dude i just lost my job, this is awesome thanks alot. no i can look for jobs while i'm out looking for a job. hehe
    I wish you the best on your job search. I am glad I could help!
    great app! keep em coming
    good job (no joke intended)
    great app i love the idea
  17.    #17  
    Updated to v0.7.4 for a bug fix.
    Jason,

This app will genuinely do good. It already is.

Thank you.
    When I do a job search, i get this message: "error:Status 404 returned from job search. Found 25 jobs! page 1 of 3 pages". I can only view page one. It will not allow me to proceed to the next pages. It does this with every search I do. Any thoughts?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    When I do a job search, i get this message: "error:Status 404 returned from job search. Found 25 jobs! page 1 of 3 pages". I can only view page one. It will not allow me to proceed to the next pages. It does this with every search I do. Any thoughts?
    You need to download the newest version 0.7.4. Remove the old version before installing the new one.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast