Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    UPdated thread title to:
    Units v0.1.2 [was v0.1.1] (7/28)

I am really liking this app. Thank you!

- Craig
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    One more suggestion for units. There is an old freeware palm-os app that also had roman numerals to decimal number conversion. I always thought that was a fun one to play with when you saw those pesky roman numerals for dates. Would be nice o have that feature in this one. Also thanks for the great app.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    How about sizes - clothes, shoes...for people travelling abroad this could be interesting.

For an added bonus you could save certain inputs, like your wife's dress or ring size. (and gain points with the missus!)
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    always handy app to have thanks
    When We go to Download the recent version will the newest version overwrite the older one? or Do I need to delete the older version?
    Great update! I have a feeling this is one app that's not going to be removed from my phone. It'll be very useful!

Thanks for incorporating all the feedback into it. I'm looking forward to the next update.

One additional request though. On the Storage category, can you also add Terabytes (at the very least,) Petabytes, Exabytes and Zettabytes as well? See Orders of magnitude (data) for reference.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    When We go to Download the recent version will the newest version overwrite the older one? or Do I need to delete the older version?
    It'll will overwrite the older one, you don't need to delete it first.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drac0Linux View Post
    One additional request though. On the Storage category, can you also add Terabytes (at the very least,) Petabytes, Exabytes and Zettabytes as well? See Orders of magnitude (data) for reference.
    Yeah, I'm planning to add those. Just didn't have a list handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan View Post
    Yeah, I'm planning to add those. Just didn't have a list handy.
    Outstanding! I'm really liking this, its currently one of my most used apps.
  10.    #50  
    Updated to 1.3. Added Time conversions, some more storage conversions, and saves selection on exit. Some bug fixes, too.

exbibytes seems to be innaccurate. I'm not sure javascript can handle the numbers that high properly. it's hardcoded as 1152921504606846976 bytes in the table, but shows 115292150460684700 bytes in the application. not sure what to do to fix that.
    Updated thread title to:
    Units - Unit Converter v0.1.3 [was v0.1.2] (7/31)

- Craig
    About to download.
    Would you be willing to add some Klingon measuring systems?

https://65.13.120.12/tlhIngan/cheb-uj.htm

The above link will tell you the conversions for weight and length.
    Thanks. This is one of the main apps I was looking for on the Pre. Works great
    Thank so much... this will prevent me from running into the desktop to blast out a quickie calculation in the lab bench.

Can you please update to include pressure units? megapascals (MPa), pounds per square inch (psi), bar and kgf/cm^2 ?

That would help me immensely, where I am stuck running around converting on an instrument that annoyingly expresses it's pressures in different areas as three different types of units depending on what readout I look at.

Thanks again.
    humble request for engineering units:
    mass: slugs, pounds mass

and a nitpick: speed would be better as 'velocity' IMO

great app tho! I have memorized all my normally used constants, but sometimes its nice to double check things when working on the "back of the envelope"

Thanks!
    Awesome!
    very useful app
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I'd like to download this, but I can't find it in the App Gallery. Is it not there because the dev doesn't want it there or can a mod put it in there?
  19.    #59  
    It's not there because I've been too busy. You can still download it from the first post in this thread.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan View Post
    It's not there because I've been too busy. You can still download it from the first post in this thread.
    I started using Filecoaster yesterday and hadn't used the url way to load apps yet. Just tried it and I got it on there, thanks. Thanks to all the dev out there for these great apps and easy install methods.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast