Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    nice
    nice.....
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Fantastic App! I cant wait for additional functionality, torque would be a very useful addition.
    I still was using Classic for a number of reasons but also so that I had a calculator that could do this.

Thank you!

- Craig

(This praise is coming from a Cubs fan so you know how hard that is for us!)
    I........like it. (If on a next rev you could add fluid translations, that would be very helpful too). Like cooking measurements, cups, pints Quarts, Liters etc. This could be a whole separate app, but why not combine it. That's my two cents worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlt7500 View Post
    I........like it. (If on a next rev you could add fluid translations, that would be very helpful too). Like cooking measurements, cups, pints Quarts, Liters etc. This could be a whole separate app, but why not combine it. That's my two cents worth.
    That would be nice..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlt7500 View Post
    Some of that (pints, quarts, liters) is in the Volume category. I'll add cups and others.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    What about adding some networking / bandwidth conversions? Here is an example:

Online bandwidth calculator, convert data in byte, MB, GB, KB to bytes, megabyte, kilobyte
    Now this idea I could definitely use at work. Great suggestion!!
    [QuOTE=mlbillow;1783773]What about adding some networking / bandwidth conversions? Here is an example:

[*rl=http://www.easycalculation.com/bandwidth-calculator.php]Online bandwidth calculator, convert data in byte, MB, GB, kB to bytes, megabyte, kilobyte[/*rl][/Q*OTE]

I just tried out this app and was about to ask the same question. Great app, but it does need some data unit conversion and bandwidth unit conversions as well.

Also how about some common kitchen measurements, such as cups, teaspoons, tablespoons, etc. Both from dry/liquid measure to common kitchen measurements.
    Last edited by Drac0Linux; 07/27/2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: wtf?! All my K's and U's were replaced by *'s when I submitted... very odd.
    Fantastic app. I need to do conversions on a daily basis.

Some suggestions:

- A switch button, so that if units are already displayed but by chance I want the opposite conversion (ie feet to meters is already displayed but I actually want meters to feet). Saves a bit of time on some of the longer lists.

- An alternative to the last suggestion is to allow input on either of the two fields, so that regardless of which one you put it into it'll do the conversion automatically.

- Capitalize the first letter of each unit. Not that it affects the functionality of the app, but I think it'll look better that way.

- Adding whatever additional units others have suggested. I was browsing through the list available and it pretty much covers anything I could possibly need. I was pleasantly surprised to find you even put angstroms. As long as that one's there, why not put nanometers as well? Those two are the most-often units in molecular biology (my area, hehe).
  12.    #32  
    Updated to 0.1.2... still lots more units to add.
    Awesome, could you add time conversions?
    -Seconds
    -Minutes
    -Hours (Military to regular)
    Also, could it be possible to make the app remember the last selection after you exit the app?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    How about a few options for the result besides just a decimal number?

Example:
    15 quarts to gallons

The result is 3.75, but how about an option to have the answer as 3 gallons and 3 quarts?
  16.    #36  
    Oops, the switch button doesn't update the list display, just the input field and result. I'll have to fix that. Time conversions and remembering the last selection are on the list.

As are force, energy, power, torque...
    Nice App!! have always wanted a unit calculator.. My friends is going to think I'm a genius now!! lol..

Thanks for your work!
    Wow, things are moving fast for Pre apps. Checked the list a few days ago and didn't see a unit converter. So I started developing one myself. Now I see you got there first!
    Congrats. Not sure if I should bother with mine anymore and start something else. I hate to see effort spent like the iPhone and get 10+ variations of everything.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgordon View Post
    Wow, things are moving fast for Pre apps. Checked the list a few days ago and didn't see a unit converter. So I started developing one myself. Now I see you got there first!
    Congrats. Not sure if I should bother with mine anymore and start something else. I hate to see effort spent like the iPhone and get 10+ variations of everything.
    There's nothing wrong with a little competition, so it wouldn't bother me at all if you did.

Just don't make it better than mine.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Awesome. Installed & appreciated!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast