Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    looks good!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    FYI your program is installed into a folder called carpenterslevel. This is not the correct way of naming the destination folder according to palm rules. It should be the domain name of the company releasing the program followed by the program name. The following are some examples:
    com.boatrights.prechess
    com.keenstudios.checkers
    org.jwz.tipcalculator

This is done to prevent to 2 programs from overwriting each other. If you don't have a domain to use you can use your name or initials or a made up name. If you make this change please make sure to let people know to delete your original program before installing the update.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    If possible, please add a zero adjustment. Sacherjj has the right idea with rotating 180 degrees and comparing the two measurements. Mine is 1.4 degrees off. Great app though. I could really use this.
    What I've been doing (wrote a different toy application to play with the accelerometer, calculate hill grades and angles) was to add a "tare" button -- save the last few outputs, averaged together, to a cookie. It's then easy to retrieve when the scene gets pushed. At least the user only has to rotate their phone once... or set it on a flat "enough" surface.
    Of course, there's the problem that the phone doesn't actually stay planar if you rotate it on an angled surface due to the shifted center of mass. Something to think about.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Really cool. Unfortunately, unlike the iPhone and lots of other devices out there, the Pre's roundness makes this somewhat unreliable. =/
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    Really cool. Unfortunately, unlike the iPhone and lots of other devices out there, the Pre's roundness makes this somewhat unreliable. =/
    ha. yes, it is unfortunate. I'd still take my Pre over an iProduct any day.
    You guys are the Best!
    Fun, but really needs to have the capability of being zero'd out. Thx.
    cool idea
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    ha. yes, it is unfortunate. I'd still take my Pre over an iProduct any day.
    I disagree with you it can work... I use a hard shell case when i rotate the clip 90degs it does not more I can hang it on a picture frame too, I think as long as long as you have both landscape and portrait view it will work ... AND the program needs an adjusted level setting (alt' level)..... lastly as for as the graphics you should and a few backgrounds like ( diamond metal patterns and different color woods ... maple, red oak that kind of stuff)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Updated thread title to new name and to remove version and date. That is now maintained in the Homebrew Apps Gallery.

Added link in Opening Post for Homebrew Gallery:

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: Carpenter's Level

- Craig
    the graphics are terrible compared to the iphone bubble level app
    after installing level app my screen stopped turning off when i hold it up to my ear during a call??????
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rksand View Post
    If possible, please add a zero adjustment. Sacherjj has the right idea with rotating 180 degrees and comparing the two measurements. Mine is 1.4 degrees off. Great app though. I could really use this.
    Agreed, or have a setting to not adjust for the shape of the pre.. Mine is in the radio shack case and it sits pretty level, so it's always off about 1.2-1.4 degrees..
    I give you guys an 'E' for effort on this, but as has been said, for this to be truly effective, it needs a straightedge surface. Maybe you guys should market a straightedge adapter for it ;-)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123