Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i like that the homebrew devs are starting to make use of the accelerometer.. nicely done man
    very awesome app! i love it! now if someone can make it so you can weigh something by putting it on the screen i would be the happiest man alive!
    I was thinking through making one of these. For initializing to the phone I planned to do the same thing you do to verify that a level is accurate.

Instruct the user to set the phone on a slightly angled surface. Take a couple angle readings until they stay stable.

Instruct the user to spin the phone 180 degrees and press a button. Take another reading until stable.

These two reading should be on each side of zero. -4.5 and 4.5, means you are initialized. -5.5 and 3.5 means you need a 1 degree bias added for this phone.

While it doesn't really matter until the accelerometer updates faster, but the "bubble" should be more logarithmic at the center. What I mean is the angle difference translates to more linear movement of the bubble as the angle gets closer to 0. This is how a real level works, to get very accurate leveling, but still have a decent range.
    This is a great start for a good app. I just did some testing on some slanted surfaces and the readings are off. Turning my Pre 180 degrees on the first surface got readings of 7.9 and -4.9 the other 17.3 and -14.4. hope those figures help.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is connected but after I installed your app, my pre started dropping calls. It may be a local sprint issue but I am not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlevi98 View Post
    Not sure if this is connected but after I installed your app, my pre started dropping calls. It may be a local sprint issue but I am not sure.
    I'd say with 99% certainty that it's impossible that the two are connected.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'd say with 99% certainty that it's impossible that the two are connected.
    Unless the app is still open and the polling is not correctly turned off when minimized. That is the only way I could see it affecting anything.
    very well done! works great and used it to test file coaster! sweetness
    MatterOfFactJack
    Doesn't seem to install using Filecoaster. I tried multiple times and FC says it's installed but I dont' find it anywhere. Other apps are installing fine though.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Unless the app is still open and the polling is not correctly turned off when minimized. That is the only way I could see it affecting anything.
    that's can't be it since I make sure to stop the services on close. I think any issue with the phone has to be unrelated to this app
    cool app thanks
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    Doesn't seem to install using Filecoaster. I tried multiple times and FC says it's installed but I dont' find it anywhere. Other apps are installing fine though.
    that's no good. the person above says its working so thats strange. I wish I could say I could fix this but I have no idea where to start.
    think you could make a stud-finder next haha
    This app shows alot of promise. Great work!
    Awesome, I can definitely use this!!
    Used this to level out my fridge, thanks! Great app!
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    that's can't be it since I make sure to stop the services on close. I think any issue with the phone has to be unrelated to this app
    Yes, it looks like it stops updating on minimize to me. I was only saying that this was the only way it possibly could. I also think it is completely unrelated.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    i spruced up the graphics some, OP PM me if you'd like them

http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    This looks very useful. I wonder then would there be a way to make a side app out of this to make email turn without coding the phone every time you open the email app? The code I mean is RocknRollHax.
    jay
    I got to have a level without a level I have to listen to my PPC and fruit phone friends talk smack. Thanks for the hard work, I see it is a little jerky but it works just fine otherwise.
    My device history. Casio A-10/Cassiopeia E-100/PPC6600/PPC6700/700wx/Moto Q/PPC6700/Mogul/Touch/Mogul/700wx/800w/Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/Palm Pre/Touch Pro
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast