Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Very cool development. Can't wait for it to download!
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone, I've taken the comments and I should have a new version up very soon!
    This app is coming along qiute nicely. For anyone with small kids or fireworks lovers you have a real winner here.
    I. Like. This.

The sounds don't need to be anything realistic at first. A couple different pops would be more than suffucient. How about making the phone vibrate on the biggest of bangs?

I have to say that I don't see the point of the counter. And the finale is kind of weak, actually. I prefer to make my own finales. It is also odd that they come from all across the bottom edge, some shooting barely above horizontal. I'd also like it to operate in both portrait and horizontal.

Great job. This will be the app that I load when I show it to my God Daughter.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Thanks. I was planning on adding sounds and vibrate in on the next version. The finale button has been removed and the counter as well. I've also included portrait and landscape mode.

I should release and update soon.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I really like this app. This and the accelerator ball are probably my most used apps oddly enough. I like your new fireworks and colors and the increased response time. I did enjoy playing with when the fireworks bounced off the walls, made me think, "hmmm, I guess that is how that would look." I also liked it having a flat black background with no obstructions, and that would include a menu at the top (which doesn't exist at the momement anyway). This is your baby so I won't push it, but I could see a menu pop up with some event (gesture area swipe maybe?), or maybe the counter and finalle button can be hidden below the screen edge and you can slide the whole canvase up or sideways to reach them, and then slide them off to have your pure black background. Menu options could include toggles for firework bounce and sounds, and the button for a finalle, and the counter. Or the menu could just pop up with a key stroke and the finale could be triggered by the space bar. Up to you. Cool job, nice work. Its a cool "see what my phone can do" app.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Thanks, I never though about using key presses, but now that I think of it it's a great way to not have buttons on the screen
    I'll be sure to add some big new features in the next version.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Thanks, thats really cool, and you seem very open and interested in everyone's thoughts. Not even sure if this was possible...but if a transparent background is possible, it could be fun for people to poke what looks like their "home screen" and have a little firework display on it (for their photo of their car, or girlfriend, or trip to the Colloseum, etc). Also, the "cartoony" or geometric style of your fireworks work perfectly for me. Great job, take care.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjsmiley View Post
    Thanks, thats really cool, and you seem very open and interested in everyone's thoughts. Not even sure if this was possible...but if a transparent background is possible, it could be fun for people to poke what looks like their "home screen" and have a little firework display on it (for their photo of their car, or girlfriend, or trip to the Colloseum, etc). Also, the "cartoony" or geometric style of your fireworks work perfectly for me. Great job, take care.
    Thanks for the feedback, I love hearing peoples thoughts because without them the app wouldnt get any better. As for transparency, that is not possable, but what I can have is a set of backgrounds that you can use. I'll look into it.
    great app for kids playing with the phone.
    How about a "programmable show"? so that say... you could make it explode and write someones name or something in quick sequential order
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    I like the idea of storing touches, and I'm looking into it, thanks
    Have you thought about a timing game a la Boom Boom Rocket?
    Not something as complex, obviously, but a simple timing game would be nice.
    Hey great game, I just wanted to point out if you drag your finger across the App it highlights stuff. Just letting you know
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Updated thread title to no longer show version number here.

Added link in Opening Post to give download link information:

Download the latest version from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: Fireworks

I am looking forward to the sounds.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/07/2009 at 10:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Wow, it's been a while. New version posted, way faster, removed unimportant stuff, announced more open sourceness, good stuff like that.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hi would you mind putting up the previous ipk's. My son and I would count the fireworks every night with the counter and then do the finale. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewardo View Post
    Hi would you mind putting up the previous ipk's. My son and I would count the fireworks every night with the counter and then do the finale. Thanks.
    I don't have any of the previous IPK's on me, I would ask around the forums.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I found version 1.2 (not sure if it's the version with the counter and finale), PM me w/your email if anyone needs it, I'm not able to attach it to the forum posting (not a valid attachment type).
    Quote Originally Posted by kesne View Post
    Thanks. I was planning on adding sounds and vibrate in on the next version. The finale button has been removed and the counter as well. I've also included portrait and landscape mode.

I should release and update soon.
    Sorry if I'm missing something, but is portrait mode in the most recent release? I can't get it to do anything other than the usual landscape.

Great app though; my daughter loves it.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast