Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    fix the lag, kill the sides,and giveme more colors and you win.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    I'll post a new one today or tomarrow which has sides optional, landscape fireworks and much more.
    WAIT! Have an option to have each frame play for a user defined amount of time. (AKA lag)
    Result? WALLPAPER!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    WAIT! Have an option to have each frame play for a user defined amount of time. (AKA lag)
    Result? WALLPAPER!
    Haha, it's nice to see users finding uses for my apps
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Posted new version, 0.8.8, check it out!
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Looking good so far, nicer animations, more colors, less lag, well done!

When I launch it the camera shutter sound is played for some reason, is that by design? I think an option for real fireworks sounds will be cool if done well (think subtle). Not sure I like the on-screen counter, and the finale button could be more out of the way, perhaps as a circle in a lower corner? Also a double tap just to the right of the Finale button causes most of the screen to be selected and highlighted in yellow.
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Thanks for the input. The shutter sound was a test, forgot to remove it, posted the fix up.

The highlighting is an issue i'm working, thanks
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Wow...
    This is much better!
    Much less lag, love the new fireworks and the finale thing.
    Nicer animation.

But is there anyway to get that # out of the way? It's quite large... maybe make it smaller? Plus sometimes it gets highlighted accidentally (not a big deal, just takes away from the experience :-P).

I've found that letting 3 fireworks go at a time is a good way... any more can cause lag while 3 works fine 95%+ of the time.
    Great job!
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Wow...
    This is much better!
    Much less lag, love the new fireworks and the finale thing.
    Nicer animation.

But is there anyway to get that # out of the way? It's quite large... maybe make it smaller? Plus sometimes it gets highlighted accidentally (not a big deal, just takes away from the experience :-P).

I've found that letting 3 fireworks go at a time is a good way... any more can cause lag while 3 works fine 95%+ of the time.
    Great job!
    Nice app man, very entertaining.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone. I'll bee sure to keep it updated!
    I don't know why I love this app, but I do. Thanks!
    Looks great...still no sound?

Bummer, must be complicated adding sound, timing or otherwise, but I like what you mentioned in the new changes and will look forward to trying it out. Sorli...
    i know this might make me lame, but for some reason this is one of my favorite apps!

my personal review/requests. i would like it if it was optional to be portrait or landscape. i'm not sure whether or not i like the counter. it appears to flash a green background randomly. it still has some lag, but is much better. i liked when a firework made a big enough explosion to hit the edges and bounce off them.

keep it up, this app is fun!
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Thanks for the feedback.

Sounds will come, its just a matter of time.

As for the bounce, i'll add settings soon to make that on/off.

Thanks
    Are you still going to work on a version where the fireworks look more like actual fireworks? Not so cartoon like, higher rez?

I do not understand the counter and it distracts from the screen to me.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    Are you still going to work on a version where the fireworks look more like actual fireworks? Not so cartoon like, higher rez?

I do not understand the counter and it distracts from the screen to me.
    The counter will come in the later version, but It'll be invisible

As for the graphics, I kind of like the cartoon ones.
    Making new graphics is super easy, if you would like to make a high rez pack just pm or email me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesne View Post
    The counter will come in the later version, but It'll be invisible

As for the graphics, I kind of like the cartoon ones.
    Making new graphics is super easy, if you would like to make a high rez pack just pm or email me.
    I have the artistic skill of a monkey. What would you need? What is a high rez pack?

I just thought, as we discussed before, that it would eventually look like actual fireworks, or have an option to do so.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    high rez
    Yes..I could also help with graphics, but sure what you need. Single bit images, 8-bit, size, image codec (jpg, png, gif), compression and transparency.

I need to look at your latest ipk and see what you are using. Either way keep up the great work and I'd also like a portrait version...you got me used to it.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast