Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Pre Hangman V1.2.2

New in 1.2.2: added word list categories (animals/misc/places/all)

New in 1.2.0: new graphics, new words, fixed minor bugs, new icon (if you have a previous version you need to uninstall before updating to get new icon to show up)

New in 1.1.3: keyboard support, hints, keeps track of guessed letters.

This is my first Pre app, also my first foray into HTML and JSJSJS. $I$ $think$ $it$ $turned$ $out$ $pretty$ $well$ $so$ $far$, $and$ $its$ $only$ $going$ $to$ $get$ $better$. $Unlike$ $the$ $other$ $hangman$ $available$ $for$ $the$ $pre$ $this$ $one$ $uses$ $the$ $webos$ $styling$ $and$ $I$ $think$ $flows$ $much$ $better$.

Here is my release schedule as of right now:
    1.1.0 - initial release (7/23/09)
    1.1.1 - added guessed letters in place of KB title
    1.1.2 - added hint/category in place of word title
    1.1.3 - fixed hardware KB (7/26/09)
    1.2.0 - replaced graphics/fixed typos and most hint lengths/added new words (8/4)
    1.2.1 - added word list selector (animals/misc/all)
    1.2.2 - added new word list (places: countries, states, and cities) (8/5)
    1.3.0 - add 2P
    1.3.1 - add help menu
    1.3.2 - remove software keyboard and move guessed letters
    1.3.3 - finish the places category
    1.3.4 - fix transparencies in graphics
    1.3.5 - win animation
    1.?.maybe - level difficulties (have not decided on this)
    1.pi.inthesky - multiple online word banks

Known Bugs: GridList's render limit requires software KB to be scrolled to view all letters, can't be fixed until Palm fixes gridList (I really dont want to have to remake it in a table when Palm has a perfect widget for it, perfect except it doesnt fully work...)
    Missing a state, but I couldn't tell which one ><

If you find any bugs please post them. Also, feature suggestions are welcome and encouraged.

This app will be free forever. Donations welcome.
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=7265968
    (how do I get that paypal button to show up in this forum I know I saw someone else have one... just showed the code when i tried it... pm me if you know)

In the next update expect 2P support.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kyle3om; 08/05/2009 at 01:24 PM. Reason: update to 1.2.2
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    nicely done. great first app.

some observations:
    I couldn't get the physical keyboard to work
    the soft keyboard would display later letter (q,u,z etc) unless I scrolled down.
    when I had a notification it block some of the playing field

all in all, great first release. can't wait to see improvements!
    Great app.
    I love this game
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Keyboard support on this is a must! I would feel really stupid trying to hit a little bitty touch area to get a certain letter when there is a REAL keyboard with REAL buttons just begging to be slid out...
    Really cute.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    thanks!
  8.    #8  
    Updated! You wanted keyboard support, you got it! Plz plz plz comment on the new hints feature. Like em? Want em optional? Like the idea but think the way I did it is bad? Let me know! Also feedback on difficulty level would be nice.
    maybe try more complex images for the guy. thats just me
    I updated your thread name to reflect the new verison name.

Nice work!

- Craig
    The screen keyboard behaves weird, half of it not showing up until I scroll to the bottom and then the top half vanishes.

If the user selects the hardware keyboard, then the screen keyboard shouldn't show up at all.
  12.    #12  
    The screen keyboard behaves weird, half of it not showing up until I scroll to the bottom and then the top half vanishes.
    I am aware of this problem, but there is not anything I can do about this without changing palm's gridlist code. Currently palm has made gridlist an "experimental" widget. As such they are not fixing its problems right now, the major one being the renderlimit is not changable. In the future when palm fixes gridlist my software keyboard should work better.

If the user selects the hardware keyboard, then the screen keyboard shouldn't show up at all.
    Good point! I had disabled that toggle because I had an issue with the hardware keyboard outside the emulator, but now that I have it working that toggle is useful again. I am considering leaving the onscreen keyboard there because it doesnt hurt anything, and replacing the toggle with a word list selector. When my next update comes out with redone graphics I will have made my decision on that and either way it will be fixed.

I appreciate the feedback
    You spelled villain wrong in your dictionary. You have "villian". Keep up the good work. I like how the man is happy when you win. Very funny
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Yeah I guess a mask is "non-drinkable" but that is a terrible hint!

Too funny. But seriously, ditch the onscreen keyboard and make the picture bigger, or at least make it disappear when you select hardware keyboard.
    Play this at work,Thanks!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    great game works perfectly for me..Great job
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Thanks... great app.
    Thanks!
    Wheres the link?
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgordonfan View Post
    Wheres the link?
    Do to a major change in the way prexentral is going to habdle apps, devs are currently not allowed to post new ipks in the forum. This had better be resolved by tomorrow or I may have to link to my app elsewhere. Also in the meantime I have submitted my app to PreLoad but I may take it off when precentral gets its **** in gear, as PreLoad gives me limited flexibility for updates.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast